square annouce final fantasy remake (don't get your hopes up)

the_ultimate_evil

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.
Reaction score
Final Fantasy X HD Announced for PS3, PS Vita

At Sony’s press conference last night, they made plenty of big announcements surrounding the PS Vita, launch games for the system, and other exciting titles. But when Square Enix took the stage, as our own James Costanzo put it, “The tension on stage was palpable.” Was Square going to show some Versus XIII footage? Were they FINALLY going to announce a Final Fantasy VII remake? Not quite.

Instead, the Zanarkand theme plays and an image denoting the tenth anniversary of Final Fantasy X appears on-screen. It was then announced that there would be an HD port of Final Fantasy X for the PS3 and the PS Vita coming sometime in 2012. Further details are scarce at this point, but that didn’t stop FFX and Final Fantasy HD from trending on twitter worldwide.

What do you make of this announcement? Would you pick it up? Is 10 a favorite of yours, or are you on the side of Spoony and want it to burn in hell? Leave all your thoughts and comments below.

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2011/09/final-fantasy-x-hd-announced/

really? FF 10 yeah i can see its the easiest to upgrade but such a great way to flip off your dying fan base square

sadly i gave up on the chance of an FF7 remake. i'm just glad i can play it on my psp

FFX is one of my favorites. and Yuna is my favorite FF heroine. :hrt:

so, I'm happy there's going to be an HD remake for the PS3!

I wonder if they will remake FFX-2, as well......

what about FFXII??

still......I'd like them to remake VII, VIII, and IX.........

Yeeeeeeesssssss oh man great news ffX was the first ff I played and for me personally its duking it out with VII as to which is my all time fav which may be a never ending battle lol

really surprised people like 10 the game was boring, the characters were bland, creepy and annoying and the storyline was mind numbing

i could never finish it, it was just bad

I love X and it also coming to Vita is a plus. You should give it another chance.

Last edited:
I got through 10 hours in X and gave up. I got about 20 hours into VII and gave up though so it must be twice as good!

If the Vita version has touchscreen menus I'll get it on that.

X was the last good one, but no where as good as IV,VI, VII, VIII, and IX. But X was the last good FF game. I wish they would go back to that style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"