Application: The "World of the Strange" RPG

Charlie No-One

iamamiwhoami
Reaction score
Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Masters: Charlie No-One and Andy C.

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: No.

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: Andy C. and myself

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: A “chapter by chapter” RPG, the gameplay will be player driven with the GMs stepping in to deal with problems and accepting apps.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).

An anachronistic blend of 19th and early 20th Centuries (i.e. the history's intentionally out of order), most of the world's leading nations are maintaining a very delicate balance of power.

England's Queen Victoria leads her nation in resolute defiance against France's brutal dictator Napoleon Bonaparte. The streets of London run red with blood during Jack the Ripper's reign of terror, but one man looks to stop it: the world's greatest detective, Sherlock Holmes.

President Abraham Lincoln desperately tries to preserve
America as the South erupts into Civil War. Lincoln attempts to gain technological superiority by hiring brilliant inventor Thomas Edison. The South responds in kind by smuggling in Austrian expatriate Nikola Tesla, and an arms race between North and South escalates. Meanwhile, both sides vie for control of the West, the North commissioning law-men like Wyatt Earp and 'Wild' Bill Hickock, and the South conscripting the James Gang and the Wild Bunch among others.

German Kaiser Wilhelm, aided by Otto Von Bismarck and the mysterious 'Count Orlok,' seizes the Balkan regions and begins amassing troops to challenge Napoleon for domination of all
Europe. The Kaiser claims to be raising 'invincible' soldiers based on the work of Tesla's former rival in the Balkans, Victor von Frankenstein.

Russia is in disarray after the assassination of Czar Nicholas II and his family. His daughter Anastasia has gone into hiding, pursued by the various rebel factions vying for control. While Lenin's Bolshevik party gains more and more support, few seem to notice the bizarre sect growing through the rural country, a cult led by the 'Mad Monk' Grigori Rasputin. What is even more inexplicable is the vast fortune Rasputin's forces receive from an outsider in Transylvania, a benefactor by the name of Count Dracula.

By Andy C.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): It will bring a mix of amazing characters together. It would be one of the only RPG’s that allow players to play real people as well as famous literary characters.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: The “World of the Strange” RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

Username:

Character:

Medium (Movie/Book/TV/Real-Life):

Origin (first appearance):

Brief In-Game History:

Powers/Skills:

Supporting Cast:

Please give three grammatically correct sentences explaining why you chose your character and what you will bring to the RPG:

Picture, if accessible, of desired character:

Sample Post (3 paragraphs with 4 lines of dialogue):

I've already thought of three distinct characters that are really tempting me (Zorro, Dracula, and Jack The Ripper). That doesn't usually happen with me, even in the major RPG's... but the concept is that good.

Count me in for sure.

Jesse James or Wyatt Earp are so tempting. As is Sherlock Holmes.

Cool. A Dracula and Sherlock Holmes would be very cool.

I will be playing Anastasia.

There's also Allan Pinkerton, goddamit!

...Holy s**t. :o

I would totally play Sherlock Holmes or Nicolai Tesla.

I might play an adaptation of Dr. Faustus.

The MIB aspect will be like the League.

Andy, who are you going to play?

BTW, would there be a team like LXG? If we played hero characters, we'd be free to not join them and to do our own thin?

Yes we will have an MIB/League aspect. You will not need to join the team. You can do solo stuff or form several other organizations.

Cool. I think I might have fun with The Civil War.

The South is gonna win this time, ya'll mother****ers!

Racist f**ker. :cmad:

:oldrazz:

Shaddup! The Civil War was fought over a **** load of diffrent issues, Slavery didn't become a real reason until Abe told people that to give them moral high ground over the south.

Shaddup! The Civil War was fought over a **** load of diffrent issues, Slavery didn't become a real reason until Abe told people that to give them moral high ground over the south.

I'd say the main reason was to preserve the Union. Even before Fort Sumter, the US could not allow states to just secede. If that happened then other states and territories would've been leaving if they disagreed with the main government.

Can't have that. :o :cmad: :csad:

I'd say the main reason was to preserve the Union. Even before Fort Sumter, the US could not allow states to just secede. If that happened then other states and territories would've been leaving if they disagreed with the main government.

Can't have that. :o :cmad: :csad:

Word. JB, you still want to be my huckleberry?

Sorry, just have too many RPGs as is. Don't be needing to go on and add another one.

...Did you NOT notice the ":oldrazz:" smiley? :csad:

epicfailqi1ig2.gif

:o

:oldrazz: :oldrazz: :oldrazz: (added to further point out sarcasm)

Do it. Forget about that ****ty chick who passed out in the middle of the road. Joining another RPG can be just as much fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"