Are you a completionist?

are you trying to impress someone with your cluttered shelves? or you just like a constant reminder of how much you spent on movies? whatever that's your thing i guess. for me i don't need the mess on my shelves anymore.

hooking it to the pc is way better for me. i don't have to watch an old vhs i got i can watch a new clearer digital version. and i don't have to worry about my vcr eating my tape when i rewind it. or worry about a dvd i lent someone that came back scratched and will skip.

saying it is yours forever that doesn't make sense. you can also purchase the movie as a digital download to keep forever so it will always be yours as well.
why do you need to hold the film disc? you watch them, touching the disc is pointless.

Different strokes for different folks.

are you trying to impress someone with your cluttered shelves? or you just like a constant reminder of how much you spent on movies? whatever that's your thing i guess. for me i don't need the mess on my shelves anymore.

hooking it to the pc is way better for me. i don't have to watch an old vhs i got i can watch a new clearer digital version. and i don't have to worry about my vcr eating my tape when i rewind it. or worry about a dvd i lent someone that came back scratched and will skip.

saying it is yours forever that doesn't make sense. you can also purchase the movie as a digital download to keep forever so it will always be yours as well.
why do you need to hold the film disc? you watch them, touching the disc is pointless.

Yeah, until your computer/portable hard drive ****s out on you and you lose it all...which has happened to just about everyone I know that has had one.

Yeah, until your computer/portable hard drive ****s out on you and you lose it all...which has happened to just about everyone I know that has had one.

then you should know by now, what most do, Back Up Your Files. there are so many ways that point is invalid now. you can use a disc, a thumb drive, a portable drive, you can even do it online.

you act like no one ever had to replace their vcr that ate tapes. or get a new dvd player that plays more disc formats that your weren't even aware you needed when you bought the first one.

I just completed my Tarantino blu ray collection. Next is to fill out my Kevin Smith collection.

I bought last year for $2 Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to go along with my box set of the Original Trilogy. To say the least I didn't like the movie but as a fan I felt compelled to complete my collection. I'll have no problem getting it when I buy the Blu-Ray collection soon though.

I just completed my Tarantino blu ray collection. Next is to fill out my Kevin Smith collection.

Lately I've been doing that with Directors and Action stars. I own just about every Jean Claude Van Damme film and not sure I can justify it.

Lately I've been doing that with Directors and Action stars. I own just about every Jean Claude Van Damme film and not sure I can justify it.

I do that with Directors, not so much actors. I do make some exceptions though. I won't Robert Rodriguez's kids films, but his other stuff I've got on blu ray. I'm working on Kevin Smith's collection right now, as well as Scorcese's. Coppola will come after that.

Same here about completing a favorite director's filmography on Blu-ray.

As for Van Damme, I still need to get Hard Target on Blu, which I don't even think is out yet.

I do that with Directors, not so much actors. I do make some exceptions though. I won't Robert Rodriguez's kids films, but his other stuff I've got on blu ray. I'm working on Kevin Smith's collection right now, as well as Scorcese's. Coppola will come after that.

I couldn't sit through a Spy Kid film either. I watched three minutes and couldn't believe it was from the director of Dusk til Dawn. I was collecting Tony Scott films on blu ray shortly before he died ( and still am). Also thinking about Hitchcock.

Same here about completing a favorite director's filmography on Blu-ray.

As for Van Damme, I still need to get Hard Target on Blu, which I don't even think is out yet.

A lot of his earlier work is making it to blu ray but still no release date on Hard Target. It's odd because that's one of his most popular films.

Working on my Guillermo Del Toro collection right now. I just bought the Mimic Directors Cut on blu ray today and Pan's Labyrinth last week. I'll get Cronos and The Devils Backbone soon too.

I used to be when I was younger back in the VHS/DVD days but over time I've become a bit of a film snob. I won't buy the Jurassic Park trilogy no matter how much I want the original because I think the sequels are ****..

You know, I liked the sequels, but I felt this way when I found out I couldn't get it standalone. I only really wanted JP1. lol

Working on my Guillermo Del Toro collection right now. I just bought the Mimic Directors Cut on blu ray today and Pan's Labyrinth last week. I'll get Cronos and The Devils Backbone soon too.

I liked the Tarantino set you posted in the other thread. I would of considered a purchase but I have all of his film. I'm almost done with Tony Scott. I just need two of his films to hit blu ray.

Last edited:
You know, I liked the sequels, but I felt this way when I found out I couldn't get it standalone. I only really wanted JP1. lol

I think the sequels were good but the first film is so great they pale in comparison. I'd like to own the original because I wouldn't revisit the sequels often enough.

Just finished my Guillermo Del Toro collection today. Got everything on blu ray with the exception of Devils Backbone (there hasn't been a US release). I found a DVD copy for $1.50 at a local record store.

I'm a completist and an avid collector....so I am trying to complete so many sets of different things it is crazy.

Am I a completionist? Yeah I woul....

See what i did there..

I'm mostly a completionist but if a movie is too terrible I remove it from the box set. As an example got rid of Superman 4 (from the Superman collection) will get rid of Indy 4 from the Indiana Jones series.

As for my collection I have one major rule, can I see myself watching movie again sometime down the line. If the answers is no then I get rid of the movie. This has reduced my previously large collection to a small managable collection.

Anyone owning Batman & Robin, answer yes to this... ;)

Nothing says newbie like bumping a 2 year old thread just to make a lame joke....

I have a few box sets with all the the movies of a franchise by few.

I have felt that compulsion. But there is only so many times you can feel disappointed before that compulsion gets outweighed.

I despise digital copies. I like having the physical product in my hands. I also don't watch movies on portable devices, because IMO that's not how movies are meant to be seen.

I thought I was alone in this!

Anyway, if I like a franchise. I'll get them all even middling films within but not ones I really hate ( I'm looking at you IM3)

Matrix to me is only the first one. **** the rest. Indiana Jones is only Raiders and Crusade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"