Arslan: The Warriors of Legend

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score
PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Arslan: The Warriors of Legend coming to PC via Steam
Published 14 hours ago. 19 comments.

New trailer and character videos released.

Arslan-PC-Steam-Ann.jpg

Arslan: The Warriors of Legend will come to PC via Steam in addition to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PlayStation 3 on February 9, Koei Tecmo announced.

Consumers who buy the game within its first month of launch will be able to download ‘Conflict at Gujarat Fortress’ and ‘Battle for the Title’, two new original scenarios for the Free Mode. Both scenarios offer the possibility to unlock special Limited Skill Cards.

Koei Tecmo also announced that Arslan: The Warriors of Legend will include a number of original scenarios based on episodes of the original Arslan novels and manga, which will gradually unlock via the Story Mode and can be played during Free Mode.

A new set of screenshots showcase playable characters “Tus, a quiet officer of the Parsian army and chain martial arts expert, Isfan, the younger brother of a Cavalry General who is also known as the ‘one raised by wolves, and the fearless Zaravant, a Shield-Spear wielding knight of great strength.” All three of them make their way to the city of Peshawar, after Arslan declares his intention to expel Luitanian oppression and join his group in the fight to end the occupation of the capital.

Arslan: The Warriors of Legend is due out on February 9 in North America and February 12 in Europe.
Watch a new set of videos below. View the screenshots at the gallery.
Action Trailer

[YT]2n61idDxNTU[/YT]
Farangis Gameplay

[YT]68RoFVGRaYE[/YT]
Gieve Gameplay

[YT]JYFXBrRqWHY[/YT]

visit gallery »

Read More

PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Arslan: The Warriors of Legend, Clips, Koei Tecmo, Omega Force, Screenshots, Trailers

source: Gematsu

Arslan: The Warriors of Legend: A Better, More Focused Warriors Experience. February 9, 2016 . 7:00pm

While it’s unmistakably a Warriors game, it’s pure focus on recreating the story from The Heroic Legend of Arslan has created a more streamlined,
more focused Warriors game than anything I’ve seen from Omega Force before.

I’ve never played a Warriors game quite like Arslan: The Warriors of Legend. While it’s unmistakably a Warriors game, it’s pure focus on recreating the story from The Heroic Legend of Arslan has created a more streamlined, more focused Warriors game than anything I’ve seen from Omega Force before.

Once you’re past the opening video (complete with trademark Warrior’s guitar riffs), you’re greeted by a difficulty select ranging from easy to extreme. Past this, you’re launched straight into Arslan’s maiden battle. No menus, no distractions, you head straight into the beginning of Arslan’s story with a new tutorials to get you to grips with the game and what’s new for players familiar with Warriors already. One such feature is the Mardan Rush. This puts you in a direct control of a large group of either infantry, cavalry or archers and are used to deal out large amounts of damage as well as destroy obstacles on the map.

Now the biggest difference compared to recent Warriors games lies within its mission structure. Most Warriors games I’ve played tend to have massive battlefields, very long missions and should you fail, you’ve got to restart the whole ordeal all over again. Arslan however, has shorter missions that come with a handful of objectives to complete, with each mission lasting around 15-20 minutes. Each mission usually gives you a different character to play as and the longer missions will often switch characters mid battle. The characters each have their own playstyles despite the fact characters can share weapons. Arslan for example can wield a sword, spear and bow, though the latter two are unlocked over time.

It’s also one of the few Warriors games I’ve played that really make the key boss fights feel different from any other battle you come across. Important enemies will have a life bar appear on screen when you’re in their vicinity and you must first take down their shield bar in order for you to deal actual damage to them. These enemies are also more aggressive with their attacks, requiring you to dodge and guard against their offense. During some battles, they’ll be some field actions available to you in battle. The game will hint to let you know that you can use some objects in the field to stun your opponent so you can gain the advantage.

One of the main criticisms of the Warriors’ series is that it gets pretty repetitive after the novelty of killing 1000s of soldiers wears off. Arslan: The Warriors of Legend however manages to strike a good balance and I feel this is because of it’s pure focus on just conveying Arslan’s story. Everything in the game is directs you to the story mode and everything in functions simply to tell Arslan’s story without carrying any dead weight along for the ride.

Read more stories about PlayStation 3 & PlayStation Vita & PlayStation 4 & Arslan: The Warriors of Legend on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

Arslan: The Warriors of Legend Relishes In Its Source Material. February 12, 2016 . 7:00pm

Instead of using direct cutscenes from the anime,
Omega Force have taken all the individual pieces of artwork used from certain scenes and essentially reanimated them.

It’s clear from the onset that Arslan: The Warriors of Legend hasn’t been treated as just some cash in product and Omega Force has seemingly had full access to whatever they’ve wanted to use. Instead of using direct cutscenes from the anime, Omega Force have taken all the individual pieces of artwork used from certain scenes and essentially reanimated them. While I imagine this was done for a variety of technical reasons, another reason is that Arslan: The Warriors of Legend isn’t a 1:1 adaption of the series.

Existing fans, don’t panic, there’s no major changes as it’s more to do with the order in which events happen. We see some characters earlier and certain conversations happen earlier or later than the events depicted in the anime. Usually though, this involves including these ‘missing’ sections into the missions themselves rather than cutscenes in between. For example, an early scene with Narsus where Arslan learns of a character’s death doesn’t happen at all and is instead made a part of the following mission. Another scene where a character is introduced that happens in the battlefield in the anime, instead takes place in the next town Arslan and his company visit. There’s no impact on the story and it’s actually done rather seamlessly and I don’t think anyone new to the series would find the changes jarring.

One casualty that I do miss however, is the humour seen in the series. While It’s not gone altogether (Narsus and his paintings still remain as the butt of many jokes and amusingly, a paintbrush is his default weapon) the game takes things a bit more seriously and it’s not there to extent seen in the anime. While I can understand wanting to keep the focus on the story, I do miss the lighter moments. Again, if you’re new to the series, I don’t think you’ll really notice but existing fans might miss them as I did.

One addition existing fans can look forward to however, is the extra
episodes unlocked by playing through the story mode. These episodes use events that were in Arakawa’s manga but weren’t included in the anime series. Given the stylish “toon” graphics used in the game, this gives them a chance for anime fans to gain more insight into certain events. When starting up one of these extra episodes, you’re given some background on the events and where it takes place in the story line. While the story missions have their audio adapted from the anime series, there’s original voice acting for the extra missions.

Also included is an encyclopedia mode which has appeared in other Warriors games. Here, you can find background information and character profiles on pretty much anyone or anything. There’s a chronological timeline of the series events, noting the history of Pars before Arslan is before and is updated as you progress through the story mode. There’s also a battle guide that describes the battles that happens in the series, who was involved, what was happening and where they occurred on a map. It’s quite a resource of information for existing fans and likely the only one of it’s kind available in English at the moment.

Overall, I feel Arslan: The Warriors of Legend makes for an interesting adaption of the anime series, offering an easy access point for new fans while offering something of a series bible for existing fans, full of extras and new content not seen yet in the anime.

Read more stories about PlayStation 3 & PC & PlayStation 4 & Xbox One & Arslan: The Warriors of Legend on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"