Art Contests!

keith_v

Sidekick
Reaction score
Since the internet magically turns into a maze whenever you're actually looking for something, I felt it would be helpful to start a thread where we can all clue each other in on art contests currently going on.

I have looked for hours online, and had no success. But if you know a contest that any of us may be interested in, either post the info about it or just post a link!

I'll start...

- Game Informer magezine has a monthly fan art contest in which the winner is sent a video game package. I'm not sure what's in the package, though. I think it's like a gift basket. The upside is that it's monthly, the downside is that they keep your pic, so I would advise sending a very hi-res copy instead of the actual thing.

Also, don't bother looking for any info for it on Game Informer's web site. As of 7-17-07, they still don't mention it. All the info is in the actual magezine.

Here's a site that has a few different contests listed, and they say that they update a lot. It's more fine art than fan art, but I'm sure some of you may find this one helpful.

http://artdeadline.com/

hey sweet idea man! it's really hard finding some good contests out there . . . and even harder finding ones that involve some kind of prize . . . and those ones boast some serious competition

hey sweet idea man! it's really hard finding some good contests out there . . . and even harder finding ones that involve some kind of prize . . . and those ones boast some serious competition

Thanks! I'm hoping it catches on. It's been really difficult finding even these small amounts of contests, but I'm still trying.

And here's another contest that's a bit more serious. The theme is Sheepdog trials, and there's a $50 entry fee, but first prize is $2000 dollars. The regulaions are pretty tight, so make sure you read closely.

http://www.meekersheepdog.com/artwork.htm

bumping

great idea for a thread :up:

awesome thread, anybody got anymore new news?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"