Astrophysicist claims to have found equation to make time travel possible

As mentioned in the article, several scientists have (apparently) uncovered math errors in Mallett’s calculations. Even ignoring those, there’s always been the problem of translating math (however robust it might be) into engineering - to actually build a device that has a chance of working. For instance, there’s something called the “Tipler cylinder.” This is a cylinder that’s so gigantic that when it spins, it drags spacetime around with it. So it could, in theory, function as a time machine. The problem is, the cylinder would have to be infinitely long - which is a bit of an obstacle to practical construction. :cwink: Finally, most “realistic” models of time travel are constrained by the spacetime geometry created by the machine, itself. This means that backward travel can only go as far back as the point when the machine was created. So with such a device, you could travel to the future and then return to the present. But you couldn’t visit the dinosaurs or assassinate a young Adolf Hitler. ;nd

A well thought out and sound response.

Well, it’s about time.

Just give it some time.

It was very timely, I thought.
tenor.gif

It’s about time someone discovered this.

What a timely discovery

We definitely need something like this in times like these

Wasn't there a theory that going into future was going into one of the random "threads' all of them a possibility but none was a definite one ? Also, once there, it was possible that you have ventured into some alternate reality that might not be the one that you would actually experience had you never traveled there (by sitting into some time-machine) in first place.

In other words time traveler has traveled into fake version of future (fake as in he will not really experience that version of the future if he doesn't travel into time by using some artificial means) Hope I'm making some sense here. :nrv:

Edit: This makes traveling into future a pointless exercise.

Last edited:
Man this happens all the time.

Did I do it right?

Reactions: CJ
The scientist probably put in a lot of overtime on this project.

Isn't it time we let these puns rest up - for like, five minutes?

Yeah. Terry is gonna clean my clock someday.

And a well timed post to go with it!

You’d have an ample time playing with those wouldn’t you?

Boobs are.....not exactly my particular brand of Vodka, but I can still appreciate aesthetically. Eva Green in A Dame to Kill For, for example, is......quite aesthetic.

I think this thread is in need of better time management.

Will there ever be a pun of quantum quality as we are temporally forced in our journeys?!

I think this thread is in need of better time management.

Will there ever be a pun of quantum quality as we are temporally forced in our journeys?!
Time will tell..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"