Audio and Video help

Aesop Rocks

Now I'm Free.
Reaction score
Ever since I popped out 2 grand for my Dell XPS 630i, I've basically never left its side. Kidding. But, when I am on and, it is a daily occurrence the audio and video playback goes crazy. Like, it shortens out for a bit and stops working all together. Say I'm listening to something on iTunes, a weird electric feedback/static sound comes through my headphones and the audio stops working altogether. I can click pause and play but the audio doesn't play or anything.

The same goes for my video. I was watching Moon on DVD the other day and that same weird sound came and the video froze and the audio stopped. It would usually last for a few moments then that same sound would come on and it would go back to normal.

I for one am disappoint and don't like it.

Any suggestions~?

Aesop,

What do you have running in the background? It sounds like something is taking up major clock cycles away from the processor, IMO. Assuming if I'm reading this right, of course. Also, I would suggest updating your drivers to see if fixes the issue.

I had something like that happen on a old board, and it would install generic drivers, or revert to them so I had to reinstall the proper drivers. Until I found out that the on-board was installing itself on start up, so you might have to disable that in the BIOS if you have a separate card.

If that doesn't solve the problem, I would recommend calling Dell and see what they can do about a possible part replacement. It sucks, but it happens.

G'Luck,
Ali

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"