World Author Kevin J. Anderson to write "Last Days of Krypton"

Binker

Superhero
Reaction score
krypton-1.jpg

Best-selling author Kevin J. Anderson just closed a major deal with DC Comics and HarperCollins Books to write “Last Days of Krypton,” an epic novel about the demise of Superman’s home planet. The novel, reminiscent of “The Last Days of Pompeii,” shows the pomp and grandeur of a doomed world, the politics and struggles, brave heroes and traitors, and finally the escape of one baby. The story features Jor-El and Lara (Superman's parents), as well as famous villains General Zod and Brainiac, and how a whole planet came to be destroyed. In almost 70 years of “Superman,” this complete story has never been told.

Anderson, who also won science-fiction’s highest paid advance for co-authoring a series of DUNE novels with Brian J. Herbert in 2004, is one of science fiction’s most successful authors, not to mention most prolific. Since 1993, 40 of his novels have appeared on national and international best seller lists, and he has over 20 million books in print worldwide, translated into 29 languages.

Fans of Superman legend and of Kevin J. Anderson can expect the new book to release in Fall 2007.

For more information, please visit
www.wordfire.com

awesome, even though I'm not a huge Kevin J. fan, there hasn't been a really good superhero novel since Death of Superman and Knightfall. :o

Novel...as in, three to four hundred pages of WORDS?!?

ehhhhhhhhhh, i "might" read it???

...'sounds' interesting *sweating*

Elisha Cuthbert said:
awesome, even though I'm not a huge Kevin J. fan, there hasn't been a really good superhero novel since Death of Superman and Knightfall. :o

What about No Man's Land novel or the It's Superman! novel?

Cool, I have read others Kevin J. Anderson novels and liked them and will get this book

Elisha Cuthbert said:

Venom Factor is a good book and X-Men Chaos Engine trilogy is too also X-Men/Avengers Gamma Quest trioly is a good one too

Righteous announcement. Kevin J. Anderson did a fantastic job on the Blade Runner sequels, and if he's let loose in Superman's world, then it should be a real treat.

kevin j anderson SUCKS as an author... he was bloody terrible on the star wars books, they're pretty damn awful

The Pulse has conducted an interview with Kevin J. Anderson, author of the up-coming novel "The Last Days of Krypton", and speaks about exploring an aspect of Superman's history that should have all fans of the Man of Steel excited. Here's an excerpt from the interview...

Q: Although almost everyone knows that Superman is from Krypton and that the planet exploded, much more about the world isn't widely known - aside from a few untold tales and a few limited series from the '80s. So, how do you research something like this to write the Last Days of Krypton?
KEVIN J. ANDERSON: I did a lot of background reading, picking up the tidbits of Krypton and its spectacular end (many of which are contradictory). Brainiac and how he steals the Kryptonian capital city of Kandor, General Zod and his revolt as well as his two companions Aethyr and Nam-Ek (called Ursa and Non in the first two Superman films), Argo City (the origin of Supergirl), Jor-El and Lara.

Because so many different versions of this "history" have been floated around over the past six decades, I had the freedom to take the best parts and make the most effective story possible.

Q: Why did you want to take on a project like this? It's not exactly the type of Superman story that most people would dream of writing - at least since it doesn't really feature Superman per se, but his family and some of the people who will become his greatest foes...

ANDERSON: Superman is, of course, a very popular hero, but -- being a science fiction guy -- I always thought the origin story, the end of a highly sophisticated planet and one man trying to save it even when nobody believes him, was the most interesting part. This is a part of a great mythos that has never really been fully explored in almost 60 years of Superman history.

Read the entire interview here:
http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=005783

The more I hear about this book, the more excited I am to read it. He's a really good author, his Star Wars books were awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"