Autobots motivation

Anti-Venom

Civilian
Reaction score
Please correct me if I am wrong.....
But I always got the impression from watching the cartoons that the Autobots didn't just want to protect humans because we are nice. In the cartoon, the Autobots are trying to stop the Decepticons from stealing our energy resources and returning to Cybertron. So they are indirectly protecting us.

But the movie was much more simple and silly. Prime says that humans have good in them, and "freedom is the right of all sentient beings." In the movie, the Autobots make the long journey through space for the sole purpose of saving humans fron exstincton because we are nice.

Am I right?

Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.

Yep, Anti-Venom, I most definitely hated that preaching to the choir *****.

I thought I was watching 1408, all over again.

But I always got the impression from watching the cartoons that the Autobots didn't just want to protect humans because we are nice. In the cartoon, the Autobots are trying to stop the Decepticons from stealing our energy resources and returning to Cybertron. So they are indirectly protecting us.

But the movie was much more simple and silly. Prime says that humans have good in them, and "freedom is the right of all sentient beings." In the movie, the Autobots make the long journey through space for the sole purpose of saving humans fron exstincton because we are nice.

Am I right?

Their sole purpose was to prevent the Decepticons from getting hold of the Allspark and finding Sam. It was after this that they decided to protect the humans, if I'm not mistaken. I liked that idea of them being our defenders.

What was so bad about the Decepticons getting the AllSpark? So what is they take over Earth? Why should the Autobots care? That's what I don't understand.

They would have had an army of minions against 5 Autobots. They don't even know where the other bots are.

What was so bad about the Decepticons getting the AllSpark? So what is they take over Earth? Why should the Autobots care? That's what I don't understand.

It's evil, and the Decepticons are the same beings as the Autobots.
They want to prevent the Decepticons from creating more Decepticons and over taking planets. They wouldn't stop at Earth. They'd continue to take over more worlds.

They would have had an army of minions against 5 Autobots. They don't even know where the other bots are.

Yep.
Also, the other Autobots were scattered across the galaxy.
They will eventually come to Earth, which is what Optimus Prime was saying at the end of the movie.

You must remember that the G1 Cartoon is not the movie!

It was different, but this is a different version of Transformers.

The cartoon story is so much better. I always liked the idea of the Decepticons trying to harvest our energy. It made sense.

The Autobots could've easily stopped Megatron in the cartoon without protecting humans. As Optimus own bio says "he would be a much more effective military leader if he wasn't so compassionate -- but then he wouldn't be Optimus Prime". I remember a few episodes where they retreated from battle to protect humans. So, no they were just being nice and it was something that was typical of the eighties "standard good versus standard evil movie".

And in the comics we did see the flip side to this. When Grimlock ruthlessly took power as the new Autobot commander he decided the humans were weak and ill fitted allies to the Autobots. Grimlock suggested multiple times that, like the Decepticons, the Autobots just take what they want from the humans with no regard to their personal safety. And in the cartoon we saw both the Aerialbots and Dinobots question Prime's loyalty to the planet.
But the movie was much more simple and silly. Prime says that humans have good in them, and "freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
Any more silly than this

Sparkplug "but we know more about Earth than you do"
Optimus "Hmmm maybe you can help us"

I may not be a super leader like Prime....but a super computer with a spy satillite and they need to humans, one of which a mechanic who doesn't know much about science or culture, and a boy who isn't out of high school yet. You need them to tell you about Earth? That's silly.
In the movie, the Autobots make the long journey through space for the sole purpose of saving humans fron exstincton because we are nice.

Am I right?
In the movie they make a long journey to attempt to gain control and or destroy the allspark before Megatron's Decepticons can. Thus shifting the tide of their own war. They help the humans, from what it appears, out of Prime's own compassion. Something that has always been forefront in his character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"