Avengers Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gotten to level 77 without buying any type of item bought with gold or real money. It's taken a lot of grinding away at the side missions, story missions, and PVP to get there in the past couple of months. Once you get some of the higher end heroes, PVP gets much easier but losing a lot early on can get a little frustrating.

As for the new Spec Ops and Mockingbird, I think she'll be available for regular CP after it ends so I'm not wasting my time and energy on the missions.

I didn't plan to spend any real money at first, but I wanted the movie costumes so I bite and brought a few of the costumes recently. I might buy Cap next but I haven't decided it yet.

I didn't plan to spend any real money at first, but I wanted the movie costumes so I bite and brought a few of the costumes recently. I might buy Cap next but I haven't decided it yet.
The Avengers version of Tactical Cap is probably the best one to get since it's the cheapest and doesn't have any glaring weakness unlike the Bruiser version. Second choice would be probably Thor as a Blaster since there are lots of Bruisers in PVP and story missions.

The Avengers version of Tactical Cap is probably the best one to get since it's the cheapest and doesn't have any glaring weakness unlike the Bruiser version. Second choice would be probably Thor as a Blaster since there are lots of Bruisers in PVP and story missions.

Is it worthwhile to get the Avengers Brute costume for Hulk?

Is it worthwhile to get the Avengers Brute costume for Hulk?
I don't know yet since I'm still sort of farming for CP to get either one of his costumes. I'm actually leaning towards his scrapper version since it's the only one in the Avenger series. Scrappers are fairly useful in PVP to counteract all the Spider-Mans you come across, but the Bruiser one may be hard to pass up since the enraged really helps on his attacks. I'd actually probably go with Thor's Bruiser one as I like his attacks better than Hulk's and he's cheaper if you already have him on your heroes list.

I don't know yet since I'm still sort of farming for CP to get either one of his costumes. I'm actually leaning towards his scrapper version since it's the only one in the Avenger series. Scrappers are fairly useful in PVP to counteract all the Spider-Mans you come across, but the Bruiser one may be hard to pass up since the enraged really helps on his attacks. I'd actually probably go with Thor's Bruiser one as I like his attacks better than Hulk's and he's cheaper if you already have him on your heroes list.

Unfortunately, I only have Hulk, and it is very expensive to shell out money for those 90CP heroes. It sounds like Scrappers are very important in PVP battles.

my pvp team is Me, IM and Hulk and I am pretty successful...but then again when you get all four of Hulks powers he is a beast...3 of the 4 kill instantly and 2 of the 3 hit all enemies

Unfortunately, I only have Hulk, and it is very expensive to shell out money for those 90CP heroes. It sounds like Scrappers are very important in PVP battles.
If that's the case, then I'd probably suggest getting his Bruiser version so you have an Avengers bruiser class. If you start doing PVP w/ him as a Bruiser, I'd probably not use Hulk until you get him some good ISO-8s and unlock at least 3 of his abilities.

Anyone have any luck beating Wrecking Ball in the second Spec Ops mission?

I'm getting crushed with Level 10 Iron Man. Who else to pair with him?

Anyone have any luck beating Wrecking Ball in the second Spec Ops mission?

I'm getting crushed with Level 10 Iron Man. Who else to pair with him?
Do you have his alternate Avengers Tactical uniform? If so, equip it and you won't get hit twice on every one of his turns. Better alternative may be to use Cap's Shield Guard if you have it.

the Wecking Ball level is recommended level 71

my pvp team is Me, IM and Hulk and I am pretty successful...but then again when you get all four of Hulks powers he is a beast...3 of the 4 kill instantly and 2 of the 3 hit all enemies
My default team is Avengers Tactical CA, Avengers Blaster Thor, and me in a scrapper suit. I win probably 95% of the time with that combo as it hits the classes/heroes you typically see (Hulk, Spider-Man, and Blasters)

I havent cracked the code yet I think I am gonna get one of my friends to gift me a bunch of it

SON OF A *****... BTW is their a trick to getting a whole lot of unstable Iso 8 and energy . What's the limit ?
I've gotten a whole lot through PVP drops (at least 55), plus a lot from friends that are trying for Mockingbird. I've basically told myself I'm not doing the Spec Ops since I'm farming CP for other heroes and I think I'll take a look at Mockingbird once she's available for CP.

I don't think she'll be available for CP...imagine how pissed people will be if after farming for her she's available for CP

seeing that this version of mocking bird is a "Generalist" I, I think their saying that this version is rare and won't show up ever again as that class. so I think she'll show up, but not as that class. that might be the catch here. as for the level rating there's no way I'll make it in time to unlock her. with that timer counting down, that's evil. she
s be the hardest to take down since she's that class too. low level or not. oh well .

Last edited:
seeing that this version of mocking bird is a "Generalist" I, I think their saying that this version is rare and won't show up ever again as that class. so I think she'll show up, but not as that class. that might be the catch here. as for the level rating there's no way I'll make it in time to unlock her. with that timer counting down, that's evil. she
s be the hardest to take down since she's that class too. low level or not. oh well .
One way or another, she'll be available for CP. I'm just not overly worried about getting her since there are plenty of other heroes that I need/want to get that can be very good to use.

Don't miss understand me, I feel the same way what I meant with that post was unless your around level 71- 72 and want that character fine. Me I've already lost interest with that kind of thing. Especially with that stupid dead line counter. so in other words I can do with out her due to those many factors in the way. Rare class (which I'm sure they won't bring back in that form once it's over)or not. they should have thought this out better. but oh well.

Last edited:
Don't miss understand me, I feel the same way what I meant with that post was unless your around level 71- 72 and want that character fine. Me I've already lost interest with that kind of thing. Especially with that stupid dead line counter. so in other words I can do with out her due to those many factors in the way. Rare class (which I'm sure they won't bring back in that form once it's over)or not. they should have thought this out better. but oh well.
I would have been fine had they done Spec Ops without the need for so many Unstable Iso-8s; that's the biggest deal breaker for me in even doing them. I don't want to be constantly scrounging for them when they have such limited utilty. I rather like going farming for CP instead since they at least buy something valuable in the game.

I've given up on Spec Op and Mockingbird after several attempts, because it is clear that this mission is geared for much higher levels and the Unstaple Iso is not easily accumulated. I'll just stick with the other missions and I'm trying to see if I can farm some CP (after hearing about a way to do it over at the Playdom forums).

Btw, if I want to build a PVP team around Hulk, how will I do it? Since my Hulk is Brute, I'm thinking about having two Tacticians (Hawkeye and agent) to back him up, although if I want a Tact I probably should get someone more competent like Capt. America or War Machine instead. I'm also considering a Cap/Thor combo, but since I don't have enough CP, I'll need to get gold for them and according to my calculation, it'll be extremely expensive (esp. if I want to turn Thor into a Blaster), so I'm not going to go that route right now.

I've given up on Spec Op and Mockingbird after several attempts, because it is clear that this mission is geared for much higher levels and the Unstaple Iso is not easily accumulated. I'll just stick with the other missions and I'm trying to see if I can farm some CP (after hearing about a way to do it over at the Playdom forums).

Btw, if I want to build a PVP team around Hulk, how will I do it? Since my Hulk is Brute, I'm thinking about having two Tacticians (Hawkeye and agent) to back him up, although if I want a Tact I probably should get someone more competent like Capt. America or War Machine instead. I'm also considering a Cap/Thor combo, but since I don't have enough CP, I'll need to get gold for them and according to my calculation, it'll be extremely expensive (esp. if I want to turn Thor into a Blaster), so I'm not going to go that route right now.
If you want to do a Hulk-based PVP team, then I'd suggest your agent be in a either a blaster or scrapper suit to counteract the many Hulks and Spider-Mans you come across and use Cap or WM to attack any blasters to protect Hulk.

If you want to do a Hulk-based PVP team, then I'd suggest your agent be in a either a blaster or scrapper suit to counteract the many Hulks and Spider-Mans you come across and use Cap or WM to attack any blasters to protect Hulk.

That sounds like it could be a bit more economical for me since I'd only need to get either Cap or WM, instead of getting both Cap and Thor for a completely different team (even more if I want Thor to switch to a Blaster). Between Cap and WM, which one would you recommend? Also, does an agent need suit and weapons that cost gold to be good in PVP?

That sounds like it could be a bit more economical for me since I'd only need to get either Cap or WM, instead of getting both Cap and Thor for a completely different team (even more if I want Thor to switch to a Blaster). Between Cap and WM, which one would you recommend? Also, does an agent need suit and weapons that cost gold to be good in PVP?
Cap should be your go-to Tact once you reach LVL 9 with him since Shield Guard is especially useful for protecting you and the rest of the team if the opponent has some classes that are dangerous to the ones you have. WM is a good initial choice since he deals big damage hits to blasters and can cut through any shield with his first ability. Only downside to him is that he chews through stamina fast.

As for gold suits and weapons, I don't think they are a necessity since I have nearly 1000 wins in PVP with none in my inventory. Best way to be competitive in PVP is to mainly fight opponents at or below your PVP rating since they'll be at similar or lower strength than you. Once you get some higher end weapons/suits, you can start going after higher rated players.

Cap should be your go-to Tact once you reach LVL 9 with him since Shield Guard is especially useful for protecting you and the rest of the team if the opponent has some classes that are dangerous to the ones you have. WM is a good initial choice since he deals big damage hits to blasters and can cut through any shield with his first ability. Only downside to him is that he chews through stamina fast.

Sounds like Cap is superior to WM since he can protect Hulk better with his Shield Guard, which will be his main purpose so Hulk can continue his rampage. Do you think it's worthwhile to get his Avengers Tact costume?

As for gold suits and weapons, I don't think they are a necessity since I have nearly 1000 wins in PVP with none in my inventory. Best way to be competitive in PVP is to mainly fight opponents at or below your PVP rating since they'll be at similar or lower strength than you. Once you get some higher end weapons/suits, you can start going after higher rated players.

Sounds great!

I am contemplating switching out IM for Cap but IM's Unibeam almost one-hit kills tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"