The Avengers Avengers credits billing?

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
I decided to start a new thread on this so it doesn't derail the Avengers = Iron Man 3 one. We've mentioned whether RDJ would have first billing over Chris Evans in The Avengers since he's the bigger name. What about if Edward Norton is in the cast as Banner? He's also a bigger name than Evans. Would he be second billed?

Maybe the credits would be like this:

Robert Downey Jr
Edward Norton
Chris Evans
Scarlett Johansson
Gwyneth Paltrow
Don Cheadle
Liv Tyler
Chris Hemsworth
Tom Hiddleston
Clark Gregg

with William Hurt

and Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury.

I would do it alphabetically for the main cast and then by importance by others...like this:

Robert Downey Jr.
Chris Evans
Chris Hemsworth
Scarlett Johansson
Edward Norton

The Avengers

also starring:

Tom Hiddelston
Don Cheadle
Liv Tyler

with William Hurt

and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury

Maybe add Hugo Weaving if the Red Skull turns up, or whoever the other villain ends up being. But, alphabetical for the actual Avengers, and then popularity/contract obligation for the supporting cast/villain(s)

I decided to start a new thread on this so it doesn't derail the Avengers = Iron Man 3 one. We've mentioned whether RDJ would have first billing over Chris Evans in The Avengers since he's the bigger name. What about if Edward Norton is in the cast as Banner? He's also a bigger name than Evans. Would he be second billed?

Maybe the credits would be like this:

Robert Downey Jr
Edward Norton
Chris Evans
Scarlett Johansson
Gwyneth Paltrow
Don Cheadle
Liv Tyler
Chris Hemsworth
Tom Hiddleston
Clark Gregg

with William Hurt

and Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury.

For Starters we don't know If Gwyneth Paltrow and Liv Tyler will be Included
In The Avengers.While based on the ending of The Incredible Hulk William Hurt may return for The Avengers no word on that.Don Cheadle may only have a Small part.Still unknown if he will suit up as war machine In The Avengers.If Edward Norton returns he may only be seen at the begining,a few scenes In the middle and at the end If we still get a Loki Manuiplated Hulk.And I don't think Chris Hemsworth will be credited that far down Inless like Star Trek They do credits In alphateic order.

I imagine the credits to look something like...

Chris Evans
Robert Downey Jr.
Edward Norton
(actor for Hank Pym, if included)
(actress for Wasp, if included)
Chris Hemsworth
Scarlett Johansson
(actor for Hawkeye, if included)
Gwyneth Paltrow
Liv Tyler
Don Cheadle
William Hurt
Tom Hiddleston
with Anthony Hopkins
and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury

The Avengers:

Chris Evans
Robert Downey Jr.
Chris Hemmsworth
(Hank Pym Actor)
(Wasp actress)

Also featuring

Ed Norton
Scarlet Johansen
Don Cheodle
(any supporting characters)

With

Samuel L Jackson
(villain)

My only requirement is that the three main characters get top billing: Cap, Iron Man, and Thor. They can put everyone else in whatever order they want.

Unless Captain America or Thor get completely ridiculous box office and praise, RDJ will go top billing. Even then he probably still will.

Maybe. I'd have thought Norton will want top-billing given his penchant for wanting to be top-dog on his movies.

RDJ should be top though. Just because he's cool.

It should go...

Chris Evans
Edward Norton
Robert Downey Jr.
Chris Hemsworth
Jeremy Renner
Scarlett Johansson
Samuel L. Jackson

Then all the rest:

Gwyneth Paltrow
Liv Tyler
Natalie Portman
William Hurt
Tom Hiddleston

I don't think RDJ would come that far down in the credits (3rd place) given his current box office clout and the success of Iron Man. If Norton comes before him, then RDJ would be second. I don't see Evans coming ahead of both Norton and RDJ. I don't think Norton's films where he's been top billed have even been as huge successes as RDJ's.

For the record, this is actually something that can be figured out after Thor and Cap...this is one of the last things they'll do. And if Cap makes 800 million dollars (doubt it but, theoretically) we'll probably see him higher than if it makes 250 million

This is RDJ's third movie in the role as opposed to Evan's, Hemsworth's and Norton's second. He'll certainly be credited first.

I'm certain that after the financial success of IM2, RDJ will demand top billing. And get it.

Norton will probably be #2. Evans #3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"