Sequels Avengers Expansion

I mean, true, but there's already questions about how Hawkeye or Black Widow could possibly be useful (amongst those with any familiarity with the characters, the rest are expecting GL and Wolverine to show up, lol). I think those same questions would come up with Janet and Hank. Sure, they have potential, if the story is written to them and they're at the top of their game, but a simple statement of their powers doesn't communicate that potential to those not already fans.

In short, they need their own movie for anyone to 'get it.'

I love this trailer!!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyZA35G9EsA&feature=relmfu[/YT]

Ok just check on some Rumors for the movie. Here they are

The Abomination could appear as actor Tim Roth said that Marvel has approached him and that he is signed for three more films and he said They have, but in a very different way, I don't want to get into it, but they signed me up for three films.
While War Machine will not be a member of the Avengers, Rhodey will have either a cameo or at least a mention as a possible choice to pilot the Iron Man armor as Fury initially intended Stark to be strictly a consultant

Hawkeye will have a relationship with Black Widow.

The Superhero team The Inhumans will make their debut in the film.

The LMD (Life Model Decoys) will be appearing in this film.

Thanos will be the main villain of the film, alongside Loki.

Classic Avengers Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver won't be appearing due to their rights belonging to Fox's X-Men property.

Actor and stuntman J.J. Perry is rumor to had a role as the vampire Michael Morbius at the end of the Avengers credits.

CONFIRMED:Loki will be the main antagonist of the film.

DEBUNKED:Jenny Agutter may have let slip that Peter Parker/Spider-Man may cameo in the film.

The villians the team are faced is The Knights of Wundagore.

Sebastian Stan will also appear in the film as Bucky Barnes.

Kevin Pennington had landed a three picture deal in Marvel Studios' upcoming films is playing a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, also a fan favorite character from the comics.

Those characters are Sentry, Marvel Boy, Submariner, Agent Summers, Cannonball, Clay Quartermain and Rick Jones. Now, it's down to two possible candidates for Pennington, it's Rick Jones or Noh-Varr. Pennington is playing Captain Marvel but either Mar-Vell or Noh-Varr. Pennington's manager, Missy Patrick contacted Comic Book Movie that he's not portraying Captain Marvel. Pennington and is on the short list for the role of either Rick Jones or Sentry and along with Alice Eve for the role of Sharon Carter or Carol Danvers. Pennington confirmed on Twitter that he is not playing Rick Jones.

Jennifer Garner will have a role in this film.

Either Malin Ackerman, Alice Eve or Rachel Nichols is reportedly going to be cast in the film as either Sharon Carter or Carol Danvers/Ms. Marvel. Ackerman and Eve are now the Finalists for Avengers Role.Malin Ackerman told E! online that her Involvement With Marvel Studios is just a rumor.

Regardless of the fact that the character was owned by Lionsgate at the time of the announcement, IMBD is reporting that Craig Fairbass will play the Punisher in this movie.
Marvel Studios want Alice Eve to portray a minor villain, rumoured to be the Enchantress, in the film.

Yvonne Strahovski is rumored to portray Ms. Marvel.

Felicia Day is cast as S.W.O.R.D Agent Abigail Brand.

Mark Sheppard may have a role in the film, possibly as a S.H.E.I.L.D agent.

Jeffrey Wright is rumored to appear in the film.

Jaimie Alexander may have a cameo as Sif in the film.

Here's a question to all:

If they were keeping this full roster (CAPTAIN AMERICA, IRON MAN, THOR, HULK, BLACK WIDOW and HAWKEYE) for AVENGERS 2, and only adding a single character who would you choose?

If they were keeping this full roster (CAPTAIN AMERICA, IRON MAN, THOR, HULK, BLACK WIDOW and HAWKEYE) for AVENGERS 2, and only adding a single character who would you choose?

Good question I think my answer is two folded

1.) I think of the remaining MCU characters Dr. Strange is by far best suited to carry his own big budget movie. Therefore if this character has to carry a solo movie I think Strange is the best choice.

however

2.) With all the big personalities I think another, less invested character might do just fine Black Panther seems to be one that (stay with me) wouldn't need a ton of back story right away and could be developed as a side character maybe in Cap 2 etc and A2 and if he is well-received could maybe carry his own movie after 2015 because of the hype train that has been built

I'm not saying BP doesn't have a good backstory worth telling....just that initially he doesn't strike me as one that need a well developed backstory to exist in the universe for a few movies

Ok just check on some Rumors for the movie. Here they are

The Abomination could appear as actor Tim Roth said that Marvel has approached him and that he is signed for three more films and he said They have, but in a very different way, I don't want to get into it, but they signed me up for three films.
While War Machine will not be a member of the Avengers, Rhodey will have either a cameo or at least a mention as a possible choice to pilot the Iron Man armor as Fury initially intended Stark to be strictly a consultant

Hawkeye will have a relationship with Black Widow.

The Superhero team The Inhumans will make their debut in the film.

The LMD (Life Model Decoys) will be appearing in this film.

Thanos will be the main villain of the film, alongside Loki.

Classic Avengers Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver won't be appearing due to their rights belonging to Fox's X-Men property.

Actor and stuntman J.J. Perry is rumor to had a role as the vampire Michael Morbius at the end of the Avengers credits.

CONFIRMED:Loki will be the main antagonist of the film.

DEBUNKED:Jenny Agutter may have let slip that Peter Parker/Spider-Man may cameo in the film.

The villians the team are faced is The Knights of Wundagore.

Wow, just about every single thing you said here is complete BS.

- The Abomination's not going to appear.
- The Inhumans aren't going to appear (nor are they a superhero team).
- If Thanos is the main villain, then why hasn't anybody heard about it?
- Marvel bought back the rights to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.
- Why in the world would Morbius be introduced in an Avengers end credits scene?
- The Knights of Wundagore aren't the villains.

Not only is pretty much every "rumor" you posted absolutely wrong, they don't make any sense either, and if they were true, it would produce the most horribly disjointed movie in film history. So the Avengers fight the Knights of Wundagore, who're mutated animals who serve the High Evolutionary, who're now working for Loki, a Norse god, and Thanos, an Eternal from Titan, and meet up with mutated humans who live on the Moon? And the movie ends with a living vampire? That sounds like the kind of movie someone would write while under the effects of LSD, not a real movie.

I would add the Scarlet Witch. She would be another female to help balance the cast, as well as a powerhouse whose abilities are both different from the more physical heroes and visually interesting. Wanda is a true wildcard; her powers are unpredictable and she sometimes cause as many problems as she solves. (She's a bit like the Hulk in that regard.)

With all the big personalities I think another, less invested character might do just fine Black Panther seems to be one that (stay with me) wouldn't need a ton of back story right away and could be developed as a side character maybe in Cap 2 etc and A2 and if he is well-received could maybe carry his own movie after 2015 because of the hype train that has been built

I agree with you on BP, it's a toss up between him and Ant-Man for me and although the team could use another female (.ie Scarlett, Ms. Marvel) I think those BP & Hank have more to offer.

That was the point of this thread.

Because they're basically all wrong.

No one said they were right or wrong. They were Rumors. Nothing more nothing less. They were posted to throw a curve ball into this thread. If they were true would it change who should be added to the roster in the next movie? And we will just have to see during the end credits to see who they will add

Guys, I hate to rain bad news, but I really don't think the Pyms can/will be in the Avengers franchise. Edgar Wright's Ant-Man.
That just says he can't be in The Avengers (ie. the movie about to come out) because Edgar Wright's movie is an origin movie. He could quite easily be in any sequel as long as it comes after Edgar Wright's movie.

What I would like to see happen is this, Cap and the cast from this 1st Avengers film stick around for at least 3 films. In Avengers 2 bring in Ant Man and Wasp, who by that time will have at least been cast in their own movie, and then by the time Avengers 3 roles around and the regular cast leaves because their contracts are up (the actors not the characters) Hank and Janet stay to lead the next team of Avengers. So when Avengers 4 comes we already know Hank and Janet, then we bring in other Avengers like Black Panther, Wonder Man, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, and She-Hulk. Then when Avengers 5 happens and Hank and Janet leave we can bring in two more Avengers to fill their spots. The idea being that when an actor's contract is up a new actor is brought in as a new character to fill the spot. There would never be a need to recast and the movies and stories can keep going on forever.

That just says he can't be in The Avengers (ie. the movie about to come out) because Edgar Wright's movie is an origin movie. He could quite easily be in any sequel as long as it comes after Edgar Wright's movie.

It also says it's a 1960s period piece that doesn't work for Marvel's chronology. Fans keep hoping that this is no longer true, but there's no reason to think that.

Black Panther. If you said two, it would be a contest between Black Panther and Ant-Man/Wasp, but you really don't want one without the other with those two, imho.

The team does need another woman, imho, especially if it goes to 7 or 8 members. Spider-Woman and Ms. Marvel are really the only ones I care about.

Also, if you have a team that big, someone needs to die in order to keep the weight and thin the herd. I vote Hawkeye, since he bit it in the comics for a while.

Last edited:
[BLACKOUT]I think they left it open so that non of the originals would have to return but all the original cast could return. The team's roster isn't written in stone at the end of the film. They aren't working for SHIELD or the government, they are on their own like in the comic. So if in the next film they return, they might not have Thor or the Hulk but they could add Black Panther. Its hard to put into the right words but their roster/team is sort of flowy right now. Its not a government controlled official team thing, like I was expecting or like in the Ultimates. Nick Fury wont come in and put Ant Man on the team in the next film and tell everyone here is your new team member mandatory.[/BLACKOUT]
I could see Black Panther show up in the second film (the Vibrinium was hinted at) and become an Avenger just as easily as they all did in Avengers 1. Same with Ant Man and Wasp.

hm with the cast consisting of 6 members 7 if you count Fury, you don't want to leave a certain team member/actors out to paster, so I can def. see Black Panther being introduce, ala how Nightcrawler was in X2, but I don't see him staying w/the team in the end more like an ally...as far as the Pyms go I can see them being intro. in Iron Man 3 or Cap. America 2 it would be great to see Tony/Hank going back and forth since their both genuises, it would be nice to have another female on the team, but idk how a shrinking woman would sell to the gen. audience, now they could take a risk and intro. Ms. Marvel, but change her origin either as mutant or another super soldier w/o dwelling into the kree/skrull story, it'll probably piss fans off, but hey nothing from (comic) book as always stayed the same from paper to film...

I wouldn't add more than, say, five more characters. I'd add Ant-Man (Hank Pym), the Wasp, Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, and Vision. Any more than that and I think the cast would become way too unwieldy.

I think 8, not counting peripheral SHIELD characters, is the absolute max. Any more than that, and you either have to some Avengers into minor characters - like Colossus was in X3 - or kill off some folk. I'm all for killing off some folk.

well i think quicksilver and scarlet witch are more of floaters and can be used by either two studios but have to be used by those studios first

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"