New Aliens vs Predator

Soapy

Avenger
Reaction score
The two baddest aliens in the galaxy square off again next year, as Sega announces a new Aliens vs. Predator title, developed by the team behind the 1999 original.

The innovative new AvP game presents an exciting opportunity for us," says CEO of SEGA West, Naoya Tsurumi. "It represents a fantastic addition to our growing Aliens franchise and the reinvention of one of gaming's most cherished iconic titles. By adjusting the release of our other Aliens titles to accommodate it, SEGA will ensure that every title lives up to the high expectations of Aliens and AvP fans

While this is very good news, it comes with a small dose of bad. The new Aliens vs. Predator will be the first title released as part of Sega's Aliens franchise, meaning that the eagerly anticipated Aliens: Colonial Marines isn't going to make its original 2009 release window.

http://kotaku.com/5151456/aliens-fight-predators-again-in-2010

I absolutely loved the first game so hopefully this one will be just as good.

If it's as good as AVP2, for PC, then I'll be getting it.

Yea AVP was cool.
I hope the consoles don't screw it up if it's multiplat.
Of course the game will go to the consoles too.
And why would it screw the PC version?
The idea of dumbed down FPS versions for consoles is very last gen
But to delay Alien: Colonial Marines :(

So, this makes 3 Alien games in the making...

Aliens vs Predator 3 (FPS, by Rebellion)
Aliens: Colonial Marines (FPS, by Gearbox)
Aliens RPG (RPG, by Obsidian)

....cool :up:

Last edited:
Yea AVP was cool.
I hope the consoles don't screw it up if it's multiplat.

Normally I try to defend consoles with a statement such as this, but I kind of agree. I never played AVP2, but if the Xenomorphs in this new game are as fast as they were in the first game then I don't see that working very well on a controller.

AvP3?! About damn time. I thought they were never going to make it. I can't wait to go on the hunt again with my favorite alien hunters.

Well I enjoyed AVP 1 & 2 (The video games), so I'll look forward to part 3. Here's hoping it's good.

Can we get this moved to the misc. and multiplatform games forum as well?

avp1.jpg

avp2.jpg

These new scans are in spanish, but they're still awesome to look at.

It´s made by Rebellion, so, it has 70% chance of being a piece of crap.
But, because it´s AvP, let´s pray that is not another Shellshock 2: Blood Trails.

Some scans from AVPGalaxy. I have to say, I'm getting pretty pumped for this game. I like that you'll be able to swing from branch to branch as a Predator. Hope it works well.

When is this bad boy coming out? I really hope it's on the 360, or I'll be boned.

Looks promising. I think i still rather of had Colonial Marines first, but if this is good, im all for it.

More scans.

I used to play as a Xenomorph online on the first AvP and this picture definately brings back some memories.:woot:

I'm pretty curious about if they'll be able to make the Xenos appropriately agile on the console versions. If they're as fast as they were in the first games, then it will be impossible to play effectively on a controller. :csad:

Somewhere in the scans it says that they might make the Aliens a little slower than in the original games. I think they are trying to get some movie authenticity in there and Aliens, aside from A3, weren't lightning bolts like in the games.

Hmm. I didn't read. I just looked at the pictures. :O

Hopefully they'll still be faster than the other two races, though.

Time to rock my Predator avvy again. I'm really looking forward to the first online matches. I can't wait to just hang out in the trees and then pick off a group or Marines one by one.

Time to rock my Predator avvy again. I'm really looking forward to the first online matches. I can't wait to just hang out in the trees and then pick off a group or Marines one by one.

Just make sure you watch your back.

Otherwise, my tail might be penetrating it. :o

I never had a PC in good enough shape to play any PC games, so I've been excited for this game ones they said it would be on consoles.

Definitely looking forward to it.

And the Predator models look fantastic.

Those first group of scans that Nathan posted is from the Official Xbox Magazine.

Sweet. I can't wait, I've never played any of the AVP games but they seem fun. There's gonna be alot of Alien gaming next year for me. This is coming out next year right? Or are we gonna get a special treat this year? :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"