Babylon A.D.

GothicPowerMix1

Superhero
Reaction score
According to Allocine.fr (via VinXperience, French movie paper Le Film Français is reporting that Vin Diesel will star in Babylon A.D., a big-budget futuristic thriller to be directed by Mathieu Kassovitz (The Crimson Rivers, Gothika) from his script.

The 20th Century Fox and Canal Plus project was inspired by Maurice Dantec novel "Babylon Babies." The story is set in the near future and concerns genetic manipulation. In the book, a mercenary charged with delivering a young woman from Russia to Canada learns that she has been manipulated by a synthetic virus and what lies inside her could doom the human race.

Previously it was expted that French actor Vincent Cassel would land the role. Diesel can next be seen in the courtroom dramedy, Find Me Guilty.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=13054

Canal Plus will distribute Babylon A.D. in Europe while Fox gets domestic and overseas territories outside Europe. The movie will shoot in Eastern Europe and Canada in June.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=18427

Pics From Vin Diesel's Babylon A.D. Set
Source: VinXperience
January 14, 2007

VinXperience pointed us to a Czech message board where you can find new photos from the set of Vin Diesel-starrer Babylon A.D.:

Today, they shut down an entire district of Prague for the shooting - so fans and press could get a good view on the cast and crew.

Click here to view the pics. The futuristic thriller is directed by Mathieu Kassovitz (The Crimson Rivers, Gothika) from his script. In the film, a mercenary charged with delivering a young woman from Russia to Canada learns that she has been manipulated by a synthetic virus and what lies inside her could doom the human race.

Whatever happened to that big epic Vin was working on called Hannibal?

^Yeah.
I was hoping to see that.

Whatever happened to that big epic Vin was working on called Hannibal?

He's still working on it, this is from two weeks ago...
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/070102d.php
Diesel Talks His "Hannibal" Movie
Posted: Tuesday January 2nd 2007 12:33am
Source: Worst Previews
Author: Garth Franklin

Vin Diesel's long-gestating passion project "Hannibal the Conqueror" looks to be on course for a 2008 release with him helming.

Diesel tells Worst Previews that "It's been a passion project...If you do something like that, you want to go all the way. Usually, you want to go all the way when the subject matter or topic speaks to you so much that you have these scenes playing out in your head all the time. That's usually a pretty good indication that you need to find a way to make it."

Apparently he's already been learning to ride an elephant and has spent a good portion of the year scouting for locations in Spain. David Franzoni ("King Arthur", "Gladiator", "Amistad") has adapted Ross Leckie's novel.

someone needs to cast vin in a superhero film ASAP
(same goes for the rock)

this sounds kind of like the plot to ultraviolet... hopefully it doesn't suck at bad.

i wish vin would make chronicles of riddick II... or whatever it's going to be called. i remember him saying he'd pay for it out of his own pocket if he had to.

Hannibal is going to be amazing.

As for this can't wait to see a teaser so we know a little bit more.

Does anyone know the release date ? Fox have this down as a tentpole summer blockbuster

I guess I'm only one, who doesn't have any interest to it :(

I'll give it a lookie...

One of my most eagerly awaited movie for next Year along with Dark knight , Wolfman and Rambo 4 :

First it's a movie which is a labor of love for Matthieu Kassovitz since some years ( he did Gothika to find the means to do babylon) and hence he should be back in top form mixing his talent for social commentary ,as evidenced in La Haine and Assassin (not the Donner movie :woot: :cwink:) and his action skills ( check les Rivieres pourpres ) ..

second the story is from a book that garnered rave review : a deep complex sci fi tales .

finally when Vin is really directed by a good director he can really be good ( check Boiler room , or even pitch black :) )

:hyper:

One of my most eagerly awaited movie for next Year along with Dark knight , Wolfman and Rambo 4 :

First it's a movie which is a labor of love for Matthieu Kassovitz since some years ( he did Gothika to find the means to do babylon) and hence he should be back in top form mixing his talent for social commentary ,as evidenced in La Haine and Assassin (not the Donner movie :woot: :cwink:) and his action skills ( check les Rivieres pourpres ) ..

second the story is from a book that garnered rave review : a deep complex sci fi tales .

finally when Vin is really directed by a good director he can really be good ( check Boiler room , or even pitch black :) )

:hyper:

Wow he directed La Haine ? And what is Assassin ?

The action you mention "les Rivieres pourpres" This is Crimson Rivers in English right ? i loved that movie,very atmospheric and stylish

Wow he directed La Haine ? And what is Assassin ?

Yeah you saw that movie ? :yay:

The action you mention "les Rivieres pourpres" This is Crimson Rivers in English right ? i loved that movie,very atmospheric and stylish
Yes , and i agree :yay:

And what is Assassin ?
Assassin was his follow up movie : Kassovitz reaction on how la Haine and how his thematics were diverted by the medias, for example with "funny "books about french "ghetto" slang and such ..the movie talks about a old assassin (michel Serrault , scary and touching) who teach to a young guy (Kassovitz incredibly confused helping to convey the scary message of the movie ) to become an assassin .. it's a movie about legacy but also and especially ethics .. about how (and it the controversial part i admit) the television , and other capitalist enterprise are often the real assassins.. let's say that Kassovitz was really angry there lol and that the movie , even if not perfect ( it drag a little and is a little preachy imo) is a violently ,chilling and thoughtful movie imo :yay:

Yeah you saw that movie ? :yay:

No but ive read about it and know it's reputation:up:

Assassin was his follow up movie : Kassovitz reaction on how la Haine and how his thematics were diverted by the medias, for example with "funny "books about french "ghetto" slang and such ..the movie talks about a old assassin (michel Serrault , scary and touching) who teach to a young guy (Kassovitz incredibly confused helping to convey the scary message of the movie ) to become an assassin .. it's a movie about legacy but also and especially ethics .. about how (and it the controversial part i admit) the television , and other capitalist enterprise are often the real assassins.. let's say that Kassovitz was really angry there lol and that the movie , even if not perfect ( it drag a little and is a little preachy imo) is a violently ,chilling and thoughtful movie imo :yay:

Sounds interesting,i'm surprised reading the premise that there hasn't been a US remake

No but ive read about it and know it's reputation:up:
If you can get it one day , you'll not regret it :yay:

Sounds interesting,i'm surprised reading the premise that there hasn't been a US remake
Yup me too Maybe the fact that it failed at the french box office ? (Unlike la Haine which was a smah it )

but ,that said with the current remake trend maybe one day , who knows? ( there is good and bad in that imo ..good with remake that actually "add" somthing like Zak Snyder 's dawn of the dead ..)

I was amazed that Vin Diesal could act after seeing "Find Me Guilty" perhaps one of the best movies of 2006 that wasn't talked about at all.

If you can get it one day , you'll not regret it :yay:

I'll look out for it on the movie channels :up:

Yup me too Maybe the fact that it failed at the french box office ? (Unlike la Haine which was a smah it )

but ,that said with the current remake trend maybe one day , who knows? ( there is good and bad in that imo ..good with remake that actually "add" somthing like Zak Snyder 's dawn of the dead ..)

It's the sort of film i could see Michael Mann being interested in remaking

I was amazed that Vin Diesal could act after seeing "Find Me Guilty" perhaps one of the best movies of 2006 that wasn't talked about at all.

I remember the trailer for that,it looks pretty good and yet never seemed to get a cinema release

I'll look out for it on the movie channels :up:

It's the sort of film i could see Michael Mann being interested in remaking

I remember the trailer for that,it looks pretty good and yet never seemed to get a cinema release

It got a limited release here that's where I saw it. Which is a shame since it's by a legenary director, Sidney Lumet. It was nice to see Sidney release a good film after a 20 year dry-spell.

first official pic :
18738289.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"