Bad Times at the El Royale - Drew Goddard Writes and Directs

Y5pebufn_o.jpg

Nice trailer and it looks very interesting.
Liked how they began to establish the location of the hotel... and then suddenly it all changed with the gun shot. Intriguing stuff. The music was great and visually it looks very good too.

The poster is also nice and simple. Gives that vibe from the 60’s.

That might have actually been as perfect a trailer as I've seen in awhile. I'm completely intrigued and yet I feel like barely anything has been given away.

I'm sure the effect will wear off with subsequent trailers and TV spots, but...

Looking good :up:

Hopefully the quick turn around hasn't negatively affected the film.

Love it. Hemsworth is seriously giving off real Pitt in the 90s vibes

Pitt's a million times the actor Hemsworth is, but whatever. Chris did fine last time he was paired with Goddard, it'll work.

I wasn't comparing their acting talents....also 'a million times' is excessive.

Very cool poster. :up:

Pitt's a million times the actor Hemsworth is, but whatever. Chris did fine last time he was paired with Goddard, it'll work.

Hard to believe Cabin was filmed 9 years ago. Hems was good in it, but he's grown by leaps & bounds since then.

:wow:

Jesus.....

Heh, yeah. Filmed March to May 2009. Then MGM (I think) were having financial troubles so it sat on the shelf for ages. Lionsgate ended up buying it and putting it out around March/April 2012.

eced7f904217874.jpg

bad-times-at-the-el-royale-poster-cailee-spaeny.jpg

bad-times-at-the-el-royale-poster-cynthia-erivo.jpg

bad-times-at-the-el-royale-poster-jeff-bridges.jpg

bad-times-at-the-el-royale-poster-jon-hamm.jpg

bad-times-at-the-el-royale-poster-lewis-pullman.jpg

bad-times-at-the-el-royale-poster-nick-offerman.jpg

Last edited:
I actually wish the trailer was more mysterious actually. Even out of sequence you can tell what the big reveal moments are gonna be now to a degree. Still, color me interested in the extreme. Hopefully this tides us over until Tarantino drops his next film.

PS We forget that at this stage in his career in relation to Hemsworth's that Pitt had not registered as much of a talent and screen presence as he would mature into.

Outside of [blackout]Offerman[/blackout] getting offed, presumably pretty early on, I don't feel I know much of anything. But I'm sure future trailers will ruin that sensation for me.

I know absolutely nothing but just from the trailer I am assuming Hemsworth's character arrives pretty late in the movie

I know absolutely nothing but just from the trailer I am assuming Hemsworth's character arrives pretty late in the movie

See my take is the opposite. That he may meet the other characters in the third reel is a given but he feels in the trailer to me to be someone showcased in flashbacks or talked about by other characters.

GTPrMzN.jpg

Chris Hemsworth plays cult leader Billy Lee – and it looks like his shirt is unbuttoned as usual

Q1AbKk6.jpg

Dakota Johnson stars as criminal Emily

0s6uUcK.jpg

Jeff Bridges as Father Daniel Flynn, a ‘down-on-his-luck priest’ – or is he?

o2eEssX.jpg

Jon Hamm as Laramie Seymour Sullivan, a vacuum cleaner salesman – or is he?

HA7EteE.jpg

Cynthia Erivo, playing down-on-her-luck singer Darlene Sweet – or is she?(You get the idea by now)

PCjKCyy.jpg

Lewis Pullman plays the El Royale’s currently-unnamed concierge.

gfebiEd.jpg

Cailee Spaeny – who you might recognise from Pacific Rim: Uprising – is Emily’s younger criminal sister.

kJznYTs.jpg

Last edited:
Is he really? Huh. He looks so much like Tom Holland, I guess I just assumed he'd turn out to be a Brit.

Never even occurred to me, but I see the resemblance now.

Hemsworth's poster reminds me of the first Thor poster, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"