Batgirl comic help!

Mandi-chan

Civilian
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this was the wrong area to post this thread and the questions within it, but I once again need comic-connected help. (suprise, suprise...^-^)

While reading up on some of the histories of DC characters, I discovered that more than one person has taken the name of some superheros.

There are two different gals running around as Catwoman (I love both characters acting as her too)...

There have been 4 different people who acted as Robin...

There's been at least 2 Batmans (a third if you include the future we saw in the current Teen Titans comic)...

And three young ladies as Batgirl...

I liked Babs, don't know what to think of Helena (who's the Huntress now right?), and I absolutley LOVED Cassandra Cain.

Cassandra seemed really interesting, and so I looked into her further.

I know she had her own title, and I am aware that her comic does have TPBs.

How many TBS are there for Cassandra's title? How many issues do they cover, and what order do I get them in?

Also, how many issues is the comic? (I've heard 73, but I want to be sure)

I'm a pain, I know, I can't help it. I figured you all would know what direction to point me in, wikipedia didn't cover everything...

Even though I've never actually read the comic, I was outraged by how OYL handled the character...messing her up and making her totally OOC and different from the character she was before.

What did you think of how DC ruined her? Any ideas/excuses on why she could possible be so different?

When I learned that she was going to be a member of Deathstroke's TT team...I began to wonder if HE did something to her. I know his daughter Rose is totally different, and that him drugging her played a role in her own evil activities.

What about that Pit that revives people? Would that have made her nuts?
Thanks!

Mandi-chan said:
There's been at least 2 Batmans (a third if you include the future we saw in the current Teen Titans comic)...

And three young ladies as Batgirl...

I liked Babs, don't know what to think of Helena (who's the Huntress now right?), and I absolutley LOVED Cassandra Cain.

There has been 3 Batman's not including any future or alternate version's

Bruce Wayne
Jean Paul Vally
Dick Grayson

There has also been 5 Batgirls check out the link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batgirl#Helena_Bertinelli
<LI class=toclevel-1>1 Betty Kane <LI class=toclevel-1>2 Barbara Gordon <LI class=toclevel-1>3 Helena Bertinelli <LI class=toclevel-1>4 Cassandra Cain I dont know the 5th one's name yet I lost track of the book.

CConn said:
Silent Running (1-6) [Out of Print]
A Knight Alone (7-11, 13-14)
Death Wish (17-20, 22-23, 25)
Fists of Fury (15-16, 21, 26-28)
Robin/Batgirl: Fresh Blood (Robin 132-133, Batgirl 58-59)
Kicking Assassins (60-64)
Destruction's Daughter (65-73)

http://tplist.millarworld.net/index.html

And yes, there's only 73 issues.

How do I feel about her shift in characterization? I hate it. How much? Enough to make a thread about it: http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232934

Thanks for the info!

Now I can start getting the trades and the issues for this comic.

Thank you too, sto_vo_kor_2000. I didn't know there was a third Batman or about the other Batgirl (I forgot about Bette).

Nice to meet you as well. I've been on the boards a while, just haven't had the chance to post. Way it goes.

TwilightPro101 said:
Nice to meet you as well. I've been on the boards a while, just haven't had the chance to post. Way it goes.

I dont post to much on the count of my bad typing and I never have the time.

My relationship, work, college, and screenwriting keep me busy.

TwilightPro101 said:
My relationship, work, college, and screenwriting keep me busy.

My wife is quite ill so we spend all our free time at the doctors.

Post-Crisis, there have only been three Batgirls: Barbara, Huntress, and Cassandra Cain. There was that amazingly annoying **** in Birds of Prey, but that didn't count.

CConn,

thank you very much for that Batgirl TPB recap. I've been putting off getting into the Batgirl comics until I found out about the change of direction with her character. I swear, the continued dependence (or should I say addiction?) on deux ex machinas, retcons, and other gimmicks employed by those in the industry who are supposedly its caretakers is really pushing comics towards irrelevancy. Bryan Singer's introduction of a son for Superman in his latest movie has more legitimacy than most of the hair-brained storylines concocted by these so-called writers. But I digress.

Anyway, I ordered the entire tradepaperback collection online except for the out-of-print "Silent Running", but I did finally come across a new copy by making a phone call across the country. In fact, I haven't received it yet and have asked a local dealer to be on the look out for another copy at an upcoming show, just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"