"Kicking Assassins" Batgirl graphic novel

Fantasyartist

Civilian
Reaction score
I've just finished reading "Kicking Assassins", the graphic novel in which Batgirl II(Cassandra Cain) encounters Gemini, and the rest of the Brotherhood of Evil to which her mother Madame Rouge belonged to.

I especially liked the parts where Batgirl attacks the (disguised) Gemini( who has inherited her mother's metamorphic abilities) and is initially surprised as striking her assailant's body is like hitting a bowl of porridge; it causes Gemini no physical pain, and then the part where Gemini reverts from a pile of protoplasm to her true form, taunting her with "I heard you were good!" as she wraps her body around her foe's like a love starved boa constrictor.
But Cassandra, like her caped namesake, knows that strategy is the key to defeating even the mightiest of enemies, so she kicks backward , smashing into a room and spilling several containers of gasoline, soaking Gemini with it and then igniting her lighter( Gemini's shapeshifting abilitites may make her largely invulnerable to physical pain or injury, but she is NOT absolutely beyond feeling pain as her screams of agony suggest; I liked the sequence where Cassandra has the presence of mind to seize a fire extinguisher and cool her down)

As well as the ulitmate defeat of Gemini where she reaches into her foe's chest cavity and twists her heart. Strategy beats brawn any day!

Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"