Batman Beyond Movie

DonnyLebeau

The Ragin' Cajun
Reaction score
1) Would you like to see this series made into a live action movie?

2) Who would you want to direct it?

3) Who should be cast for Terry McGinnis and 80 year old Bruce Wayne?

4) Who should the villain(s) be?

1) After seeing BB: Return of the Joker, I would definitely enjoy a BB live action movie

2) Anyone but Joel Schumacher should direct, personal choice - Tony Kaye(American History X)

3) Aaron Stanford as McGinnis and Clint Eastwood as Wayne

4) Curare(can tie in the League of Shadows)

Villians? I like your choice of Curare. That's a good tie in with the League of Shadows and Batman Begins. I wouldn't mind Curare and Derek Powers/Blight.[/quote]

Derek Powers should be in the film, but probably not be the MAIN villain. They brought him out so quickly in BB and then left him out almost the entire first season. Blight has some tremendous power and it will be hard to believe that a teenager in his first missions as Batman can take on such a foe.

Maybe we don't find out about his involvement in Terry's dad's death until the end and it sets up a cliffhanger or a final showdown.

And Timm,Dini,etc. should definitely be involved, but their forte is animation and an experienced movie director should head the project.

A Batman Beyond film could be done well. I do not know who would play certain characters for villains I would like to see Shriek and Blight/Inque. Oh and the Jokerz gang would definetly have to make a lot of appearances.

I've always wanted a Batman Beyond movie and actually had a few ideas for a script.

Yes

Jospeh Kahn can bring some style but as long as he stays true to the dark gritty feel of the bat, he seems like a good choice. Christopher Nolan sounds good too... but my dream is to direct a live action batman beyond movie haha

Stephen Collins as Bruce Wayne but with make up to make him look older
7th.jpg

Trent Ford as Terry McGinnis
deal.jpg

Hugo Weaving as Derek Powers
06293819_narrowweb__200x246.jpg

Derek Powers, Mr. Fixx, and Shriek. The Jokerz is a must as well.

Here're some ideas i came up with for a movie:
- First 30 minutes of the movie concentrates on an aging Bruce. Gotham city is on the verge of being remodeled where the more futuristic cities are built right on top of the old Gotham city, showing the first stages of construction is a must.
- Derek Powers takes over Wayne Enterprises. Wayne Enterprises is now known as Wayne Powers Corporation.
- At a party celebrating the start of Wayne Powers, an important figure is kidnapped and here we see Old Bruce test out his new Batman suit.
- basically what happens in Rebirth episode 1 occurs.
- Instead of Bruce pointing a gun at one of the thugs, he actually shoots him.
- Gotham City Police sees batman shoot the thug and batman flies away causing a pursuit... (there is no batmobile yet)
- Bruce wayne locks away the suit and shuts down the batcave for good
- Fast foward 20 years later, New Gotham City is around 80% done and we see that Shriev and his crew puts his sound wave technology to good use on construction
- When the Jokerz chase Terry to Wayne manor is when we get our first glimpse of a now very old bruce wayne.
- Instead of Bruce Wayne saving Terry, Bruce is actually beat up by the Jokerz causing Terry to save Bruce
- Terry steals the Batsuit once and won't wear the suit again until near the end during the final battle.
- The batmobile is shown but it's still being made so the main vehicle is the Bat-cycle. Terry will use this maybe twice and the rest of the time he's flying.
- Derek Powers turns into Blight at the very end
- The scene after Blight, we're shown Terry knocked out only to be awakened by his mother telling him that he has a guest. Bruce Wayne says nothing but good things to his mother and offers Terry a 'part-time' job.
- Terry accepts and Bruce shakes hands with Terry, then says "Welcome to my world."

That's basically what I have so far. I haven't thought up of the middle part of the movie yet and for the final scene, I was thinking of a not-so friendly confrontation with Barbara Gordon and Batman. Like, in the very last scene we'll see Batman flying around new gotham city only to have his moment spoiled by being surrounded by GPD with Barbara Gordon. Batman flys away, GPD chases him, and Old Bruce is sitting with a smile on his face.

Even though Batman is back, GPD considers him as a criminal

yes i'd be interested in a beyond film.
clint eastwood would be a must for Bruce.

KPjoon, some good ideas, but Bruce shooting someone, i really don't like that at all.

Yeah, I know it's against Batman's beliefs but I thought it would be pretty powerful stuff to actually have him break one of his rules completely to show how desperate he is for his life. He could shoot at the criminal but it doesn't mean that he will actually kill him... maybe he seriously injures the criminal and is wanted for that reason alone.

The director should not copy the cartoon completely or it would be pointless. They are allowed more leniency with a major motion picture and can make things more extreme.

For example: Bruce CAN kill someone in his last mission as Batman, it would make more sense and convey the message of his retirement better.
Perhaps it is out of revenge to someone killing Alfred... so they can tie that loose end in the movie verse.

And Terry's "re-birth" should be more involved and elaborated on. They only had 10 minutes in the Animated series, they can take up to 40 minutes(like in Batman Begins) to show his transformation into Bat-fink.

He should also be more of a loner/vigilante, and perhaps his entire family is murdered instead of just his father.

In a movie, certain aspects of the story should be made more extreme and the Batman Beyond series had PLENTY of parts that would have been more effective had it not been restricted by a G rating.

Almost any villain would be a good choice, as long as they don't re-hash an OLD Batman nemesis. Curare, Shriek, Inque or Kobra could be the new threat, but it should be believable that a teenage Batman can stop them.

DonnyLebeau said:

1) After seeing BB: Return of the Joker, I would definitely enjoy a BB live action movie

2) Anyone but Joel Schumacher should direct, personal choice - Tony Kaye(American History X)

no it wouldnt work as a live action film. it's a animated series! and Batman Beyond isnt canon to the Batman universe.

ganstaman56 said:
no it wouldnt work as a live action film. it's a animated series! and Batman Beyond isnt canon to the Batman universe.

That shouldn't matter.

ganstaman56 said:
it just wouldnt work as a live action film. it's a stupid idea

It couldn't be any worse than Batman & Robin...

The concept is great, and instead of re-hashing Bruce Wayne as Batman, or adding pointless side-kicks, why not have a NEW BATMAN???

I was amazed by Return of the Joker and could see that being made into a live action film. If they could turn video games into movies, then animated series should not be a problem.

DonnyLebeau said:

The concept is great, and instead of re-hashing Bruce Wayne as Batman, or adding pointless side-kicks, why not have a NEW BATMAN???

I was amazed by Return of the Joker and could see that being made into a live action film. If they could turn video games into movies, then animated series should not be a problem.

I loved ROTJ, if that movie and Mask of the Phantasm were live action films they would be the best ones out there.

DonnyLebeau said:

Just no.:down

If I were to make a batman beyond movie, I would definately have to reveal that Terry is Bruce's son but maybe in the 3rd movie.

Two Face said:

I don't know if Batman Beyond or Batman of the Future as it was called in England was crappy or not Two Face but here in America I think it was a good show.

Doesn't mean it has to turn into a movie just because it is a success.

I rather haver DKR movie then a Batman Beyond.

Bruce shooting someone, for revenge or to save his own life just doesn't work for me, it might be a good idea and work well on the screen, i just don't want to see Bruce come to that, just my personal opinion.

I don't think anybody does including me and that's why it works so well with the movie because everybody would never in their lives expect Bruce to do something like that. It makes damn good drama that's for sure :)

DonnyLebeau said:

agree.
it could be done fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back