Batman: Earth One

I got it and read it today. I really liked it. The idea to show Batman as young and inexperienced crimefighter is a refreshing one when we're so used to see him pull off nearly impossible things. I like how he had trouble taking down Penguin's thugs, how he barely managed to defeat the random serial killer and so on.

The art is great. It shows a modernized but very much recognizable vision of Batman and Gotham.

Overall, I like how they build this new world. Some things struck me as a bit weird like Bruce being half an Arkham or Harvey Dent being a sort of a bully as a kid but as a whole the thing works well. Aside from Aflred and Bullock, most of the characters aren't changed dramatically.

As a whole, I liked it. I can't wait for the next one. And think about it... if this Batman had a rough time with the Penguin, imagine him against this world's Joker or Bane? If they get this thing rolling it could make for a very entertaining series where Batsy actually might have a very tough time.

Last edited:
I got it and read it today. I really liked it. The idea to show Batman as young and inexperienced crimefighter is a refreshing one when we're so used to see him pull off nearly impossible things. I like how he had trouble taking down Penguin's thugs, how he barely managed to defeat the random serial killer and so on.

The art is great. It shows a modernized but very much recognizable vision of Batman and Gotham.

Overall, I like how they build this new world. Some things struck me as a bit weird like Bruce being half an Arkham or Harvey Dent being a sort of a bully as a kid but as a whole the thing works well. Aside from Aflred and Bullock, most of the characters aren't changed dramatically.

As a whole, I liked it. I can't wait for the next one. And think about it... if this Batman had a rough time with the Penguin, imagine him against this world's Joker or Bane? If they get this thing rolling it could make for a very entertaining series where Batsy actually might have a very tough time.
He was just starting out, he'll get better over time.

How do you guys think Dick Grayson will come along in this universe? Batgirl will probably come first like in The Batman but Dick will have to be introduced eventually.

How do you guys think Dick Grayson will come along in this universe? Batgirl will probably come first like in The Batman but Dick will have to be introduced eventually.
It's anyone's guess at this point. I think they will remain somewhat faithful to the general idea (the Graysons being killed, Bruce taking him in and so on) because it doesn't seem like they want to reinvent the whole thing but rather to modernize it a bit and start with a clean slate. I suspect that if they keep the idea that Bruce adopts and trains him he will come into the story later because at this point Bruce himself is pretty young and very inexperienced. It seems that Batgirl will definitely come first.

Or maybe he gets Dick when he is still very much young himself and trains him for about 3 years before he becomes Robin, that is more realistic.

I re-read it yesterday and enjoyed it even more.

I am looking forward to Volume 2.

Is it worth buying? Because I have a really small collection consisting of Hush, RIP, and Batman Reborn. I know loads about Batman, but I don't have a massive collection. I'm also currently collecting Batman Incorporated and The Dark Knight. I have about £13 to spend and I don't want to waste it when I go to my nearest Forbidden Planet on Saturday.

Am I the only one who likes the Earth One Bat-Suit more then the DCnU Bat-Suit?

Is it worth buying? Because I have a really small collection consisting of Hush, RIP, and Batman Reborn. I know loads about Batman, but I don't have a massive collection. I'm also currently collecting Batman Incorporated and The Dark Knight. I have about £13 to spend and I don't want to waste it when I go to my nearest Forbidden Planet on Saturday.
Depends on what you want to read. This is an origin story set in a new universe and timeline not unlike Marvel's Ultimate line. If that concept interests you then, yes, I think it's worth reading and I'm glad I bought it. If not, spend your £13 on something you'll enjoy more.

I am desperate to read this but I need to wait until I get paid

Wow - I thought I would hate this, but I honestly LOVED it!

This is one of my favorite Batman books. And this thread deserves a bump.

I was a fan of the first volume. I may love volume 2 even more. This bruce is so human. I like how we see him grow. He's very flawed, he makes a lot of mistakes, but he's a character that feels real. I feel the same about Johns batman in justice league, but in a different way.

Killer Croc was simply amazing. At first, he's downright scary, and then, he becomes more. Alfred was great. I would have liked more Bullock. His journey is terrible. When he thinks thing will become better, he's down on his luck again.

Riddler was really different, I think this version worked for this story, but he wasn't the most interesting thing obviously.​

EARTH TWO is out, anybody read it yet? I just picked it up and I am half way through. It is a Riddler story! Hell yes.

I really enjoyed volume 2, the story is very much the kind of Batman story I like, a detective thriller with that Gotham twist.

The adaptions of Croc, the Dent's and The Riddler were great, and I liked seeing Batman's first steps with Gordon in learning to become a detective.

The art throughout the book is crisp and clean and I like the design of the Batsuit with the modified yellow symbol.

The twist in the end panel was awesome! :D

That last page was most definitely awesome. I like how the characters really grow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"