Batman RPG Idea

Blaztro

Joker's Minion
Reaction score
Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Blaztro

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: No

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: Not Yet

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: An ongoing RPG, with a little guidance from the GM.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).

Gotham City, Delaware. Batman receives word from Commisioner James Gordon and DA Harvey Dent that the notorious Joker has escaped from Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane, along with Riddler, a known serial killer and hacker focusing on leaving riddles as clues, Oswald "The Penguin" Cobblepot, an insane mob boss who has an affinity for birds and penguins, and Selina "Catwoman" Wayne-Kyle, the ex-wife of Bruce Wayne, and the notorious Catwoman. Eventually, Two-Face will be created by the Joker, and Joker will be taken back to Arkham, where he will meet Dr. Harleen Quinzel, and she will become Harley Quinn. Based off of the plot for a fanfiction/possible graphic novel I am writing, called "Batman: Rise of Chaos, Fall of Justice".

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences):
This RPG will bring a different perspective to classic Batman characters, as well as bringing in a more macabre sense to certain classically "campy" villains. Also, I hope to help change character stereotypes, such as Riddler's obsession with green, or Harley Quinn's hammer, through gentle influence from myself, the GM.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose:

Batman: Rise of Darkness

Example Of Characters Application:

Character Title/Name: (Do not choose Joker, which I will be, any Robin, who will not be appearing, or any mob bosses except Sal Maroni, Carmine Falcone, Rupert Thorne, and Ruby Ryder, who will be appearing as the Joker's sister. For ex. I would put Joker/Jack Ryder)
Appearance: (For villains, try to make them as dark as possible. For example, my version of Joker [taken from the fanfction I was writing] is: "The man's skin was white as snow, so white the veins in his neck could clearly be seen. His mouth was curled up into a rictus, his lips a deep red, lke crusted over blood. His teeth were a nauseous yellow-green, and his gums were black and flaking. Above his pointed nose were two eyes, shifting between blue and orange. Around them were two bluish-black circles, lookng like twin bruises. His wild hair was dark green, and came to two points, looking like horns. He wore a purple suit, with a carnation on the breastpocket. Under that, he wore a green shirt, wth a torn orange necktie. His fingernails were green, like his hair. His pants were blue, and pinstriped, leading to his grungy, bloodstained shoes. He threw back his head, and a deep, throaty chuckle slithered out of him, building into maniacal laughter, sending shivers down the spines of all involved."
It doesn't have to be that long, but it can be.
Appearance 2: (Only necessary if your character has a secret identity, so for example, Bruce Wayne, or Harvey Dent as Two-Face, or Harley Quinn as Dr. Quinzel would go here.)
Weapons of Choice: (Ex. Batman would be BAtarangs, Joker is anything that goes boom, Harley Quinn might be here giant hammer, or as seen in my in-progress fanfiction, her rocket-powered pogo stick)
Other Paraphernalia: (For ex. Batman would have utility belt and batmobile, Two-Face has his silver dollar.)
Height: (No Amazon Riddlers, or midget pengui- actually, yes midget penguins):dew:
Weight: (Be careful here. No 300 pound Catwomen, and no 30 pound ones either)
Build: (ex. Joker is lithe, Penguin is stocky, Bane is muscular)

Yeah, we tried this once before. Another RPG that was a bit more put together than your idea. And it failed, horribly.

If you want to play Batman characters, join the DC or Ultimate DC RPGs. Another "just one character's universe" game is bound to fail.

Also, putting blatant restrictions on who you can and can't play just because you don't like the character (not a Robin fan, I see) is an insanely bad idea. You don't know that someone wouldn't be able to come up with a great idea or way to use that character that would still fit your initial concept, so just locking them out completely is constrictive and off-putting.

Remember, RPGs are supposed to be collaborative atmospheres. If you want to just write 'your' version of Gotham City, write a fan-fiction.

Last edited:
I didn't disinclude Robin because I'm not a fan, I disincluded him because this is supposed to be Batman in the early years, back when Dick Grayson was around... 7.

You didn't mention that. Also, I don't recall there being that huge of a gap between the start of Batman's career and his adoption of Dick Grayson (I believe Dark Victory has it somewhere around year 3 or 4).

But more to the point, you've still got a very specific take on what you want the Batman universe to be. And that's something far more suited to fan-fiction than RPGs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"