help with getting an rpg started

sabetoonth

Where You Get Those Eyes?
Reaction score
ok, well i have the idea for an underworld RPG, based on the filmds about lycans and vampires, but im having trouble with the app, can i get some help?

heres the app as it stands

RPG Application
Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master:sabetoonth
Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?:
ive got yahoo and gmail chat, and a skype, names sabetoonth there too
Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: B-man
How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: i see myself at the moment as GM, with B-man, with ongoing play
Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).
What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences):
Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose:
Example Of Characters Application:

-----

Addendum to RPG Application if it’s user created
Classes within RPG (if applicable):
VAMPIRE:
Elder
Death Dealer
Aristocrats
LYCAN:
1st generation
2nd generation
Character Races within RPG (if Applicable):
VAMPIRES
LYCANS
HYBRIDS

one of my big things is handling who can become hybrids, so we dont have a huge number running around, theyd all ahve to be in micheal's bloodline, its jsut a matter of finding a fair way to judge. and also some of the class things and such

any and all help id appreciated

For starters, I'd recommend posting your idea in the RPG Concepts thread before getting too carried away with the application process. That way, you can workshop your concept with everyone, and more importantly, make sure that there are enough people interested in playing. You can come up with an absolute masterpiece of a concept, but it's all for naught if there aren't enough players to keep it going.

Another thing to keep in mind is that single-franchise games (especially ones that aren't directly superhero-related) don't exactly have the longest shelf-life on the Hype. You may want to branch out from just the Underworld series if you want to keep it alive. I'd recommend taking a look at the White Wolf table-top RPGs (Vampire: The Masquerade in particular) as potential sources for the vampires vs. werewolves stuff.

Like I said, bring up the idea for everyone to mull it over and kick it around for a bit, before you start the application.

weres the concept rpg thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"