Batman/The Shadow

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread, so...

tumblr_ok9fd00J0k1riu867o1_1280.jpg

DC ENTERTAINMENT, CONDÉ NAST AND DYNAMITE ENTERTAINMENT UNITE TWO OF THE GREATEST DETECTIVES IN PUBLISHING—BATMAN AND THE SHADOW IN NEW COMIC BOOK SERIES
A new mystery begins this April as DC Entertainment, Condé Nast and Dynamite Entertainment unite Batman and The Shadow for an epic crossover. This team-up of history’s most well known vigilantes will send Batman on a quest to unlock the enigma surrounding the obscure Shadow. Writers Scott Snyder (BATMAN, ALL-STAR BATMAN) and Steve Orlando (MIDNIGHTER AND APOLLO, JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA) along with artist Riley Rossmo (BATMAN, CONSTANTINE: THE HELLBLAZER) introduce a new miniseries full of suspense, action and deadly intrigue.
In the six issue miniseries, murder has come to Gotham. Gotham’s protector, Batman, discovers a trail of evidence that leads to a suspect by the name of Lamont Cranston. The only problem is—Cranston has been dead for over fifty years! As Batman attempts to unravel the enigma surrounding Cranston’s life, the mysterious Shadow will do everything in his power to stop him from learning too much.

I hadn't heard about that but sounds absolutely awesome!

Cliff Chiang's variant. :hmr:

hMEGRME.jpg

Tim Sale's:
UcvsnGp.jpg

I love the idea. Especially since the Shadow was a direct influence in Batman's creation. But Steve Orlando writing makes this a pass for me.

I love the Shadow. I've been reading a lot of Shadow stuff lately, both comics and the pulps. I'm convinced that the character doesn't lend himself well to comics at all. With the exception being Howard Chaykin's Blood & Judgement book (because there's Chaykin, and then there's everybody else), everything from the Denny O'Neil stuff to the Garth Ennis/Victor Gischler/Matt Wagner stuff at Dynamite doesn't work at all for me. There strength of the character, all the mystique and intrigue, lies in the prose stuff. So I'm gonna pass on this for that, and because Scott Snyder's involved. No interest there, either.

... and because Scott Snyder's involved. No interest there, either.

As excited as I am for this Snyder is not a selling-point for me either (I heard great things about his All-Star Batman - tried it and could not get on with it). So I hope it will be good despite him!

First issue dropped yesterday and it was hnnnghh.

Picked this up yesterday but didn't read it yet, I grabbed Chiang's variant.

#2 was excellent and even better than the first. [blackout]The Joker[/blackout] popping up in #3 has me all kinds of pumped.

This is going to be something special indeed.

Kind of surprised so many projects are being revealed pre-SDCC. I hope that indicates even bigger announcements coming up, rather than "Well we already told you guys everything last week, so... *fart noise*."

Kind of surprised so many projects are being revealed pre-SDCC. I hope that indicates even bigger announcements coming up, rather than "Well we already told you guys everything last week, so... *fart noise*."
I don't think we'll be getting big announcements related to comics at SDCC since it has been more about movies these past years. NYCC is where the action is now for comics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"