Should The Shadow be remade?

Tg11

Superhero
Reaction score
The Shadow (1994) was an underrated superhero classic and it seems that no one back then was ready for a film like that. It definitely was one of my favorite films growing up. Plus I just love the character of Ying-Ko/Lamont Cranston/The Shadow

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows

That being said I really do hope that it does get remade

As a film?

Meh...

As a streaming show? Yes. The film was, sorry 90's kids, a great looking but really bad movie. A series would allow for the cast around the Shadow to be fleshed out, and since the Shadow saving lives and having people pledge their service to him is a big part of his schtick then that sort of thing works better in a multi episode series than a two hour or less movie.

Reactions: NDX
Plus the original Shadow had such a great 30s vibe to it so why shouldn't it be recreated

I liked that movie. I'd like to see someone give it another go.

Sure, the Shadow is awesome. I like the movie, the comics, and the old radio shows. They're all great.

I doubt it'll ever happen, but I would be down.

One of the most atmospheric CBMs. If they can recreate or expand on that - please do.

I still say they should adapt the “Masks” series. That could really be something. I feel like a lot of those characters might not be popular enough to carry a movie on their own but a team up? Hell yeah.

Sure, the Shadow is awesome. I like the movie, the comics, and the old radio shows. They're all great.

I doubt it'll ever happen, but I would be down.

It will happen sooner or later.

YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!
It almost happened a few years back with Sam Raimi attached.

Not a remake of the movie, no.

But a new adaptation of the comics, yes. The character’s been around so since before Batman and Superman.

Who should play the new Lamont

I would love if they did an animated movie or show. I think a nice 8 episode season would be really cool.

A mature 8-10 episode TV series would be amazing.

A mature 8-10 episode TV series would be amazing.
A long format best suits this character especially if you want his supporting cast to have some depth and that to me is a compelling part of The Shadow, his network of compatriots who work with him in his war on crime. Then there is the back story , whichever one they go with, which also benefits from a longer serialized format.

I would go for Jon Hamm, Adrien Brody, Oscar Isaac, Jake Gyllenhaal, Joel Edgerton or Zachary Quinto

In other words... No discernable through line what so ever in conception of the character just a random grab bag of actors that have fanboy cache... And Brody cuz of his schnozz.

As a streaming or TV series, sure. As a movie, no.

Adam Baldwin's THE SHADOW is one of my favorite films. I don't think it necessarily needs to be remade....but there definitely needs to be more Shadow films/TV shows made.

They should remake the Shadow with Alec Baldwin as Trump. He can cast a dark shadow across the land. :o

Bringing The Shadow back as a limited series would be a good idea. Play up the 30s setting and noire storytelling. Could be a lot of fun, I'd definitely watch it.

I’d prefer a big movie, but if the interest isn’t as large TV works too. Just not a fan of superhero TV myself.

I’d prefer a big movie, but if the interest isn’t as large TV works too. Just not a fan of superhero TV myself.

Me too I would prefer a movie remake but if the interest is not as large for the remake then perhaps TV is the only other option

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"