Be very afraid when it's 'Lights Out'

**** I wanna watch this so bad but my theater doesn't have it. No one is watching tarzan right now, they couldn't have booted it and put in lights out? It's frustrating living in a small town with a cinemark monopoly. I've missed like four or five movies this year.

Just got out of the theater. Totally legit, classic horror film, up there with Conjuring and Insidious and Annabelle. 9.5/10 without hesitation. Basically, it's definitely a film that James Wan should be proud to have his name on.

:huh:

Is it weird I really want to see this, but don't feel its worth paying to go to the theater. Not because it isn't a good film, reviews have been great, but I saw the runtime is about 81 minutes, so with credits it's probably only about 75 inutes long, and with theater prices, I just don't think its worth it.

No, I do not mean I want to pirate it, I'd rather pick it up on DVD when it comes out.

Is it weird I really want to see this, but don't feel its worth paying to go to the theater. Not because it isn't a good film, reviews have been great, but I saw the runtime is about 81 minutes, so with credits it's probably only about 75 minutes long, and with theater prices, I just don't think its worth it.

No, I do not mean I want to pirate it, I'd rather pick it up on DVD when it comes out.

Just came back from seeing it. This was one of my concerns as well but I don't think it hurt the story and didn't feel that short. I say, go if you really want to watch it; it was worth the ticket price for me.

I am going on Wednesday. Runtime shouldnt be problem.

The movie is exactly the length it needs to be and is a good time. Definitely worth seeing in a theater, particularly with a crowd.

*Says the guy who saw it for free 2 weeks early*

New Line have green lit a sequel.

http://deadline.com/2016/07/lights-out-sequel-david-f-sandberg-new-line-1201793761/

New Line has quickly flipped the switch on a sequel to Lights Out, the $4.9 million budget genre film that already has grossed $27 million domestically and $35 million worldwide after opening last Friday. David F. Sandberg confirms that he will return for an encore of his feature directorial debut.

Eric Heisserer will return to write the sequel and Sandberg will direct it. James Wan will be back as producer through his Atomic Monster banner and so will Lawrence Gray through his Gray Matter banner.

Just got out of the theater. Totally legit, classic horror film. I enjoyed it. I dont usually go watch horror flicks in theater so I can't compare it on joy or scale with rest of horror movies. I just know few jumpscares did suprise rest of audience.

It's a perfect movie to watch at home with all the lights out with a group of people.

While I loved the film, I'm wary about the sequel...

If you haven't seen the film, don't read the below.

One of the things that made this film stand out was just how brutal the ending was. To stop Diana, the mother had to commit suicide. That's powerful. That's a really gutsy ending. My fear is that if they stay with these characters, that will undermine the powerful effect of the first film's ending. They could say Diana attached herself to Rebecca moments before the mother died, that could potentially keep the ending about the same. Or if they continue with a different set of characters I hope the entity is someone else. I just, don't want to see that ending undermined because I personally found that to be one of the top aspects that set this movie apart.

Last edited:
Just watched and it was very good. Wasn't scary scary but the story and the characters were great. The end seemed a little fast though.

Seeing what Diana looks like, turning my lights out now.

Putting it in spoiler tags since it really illuminates it and almost breaks the illusion if only temporarily.

MV5BOTY2NTAwNDA3NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjQxNjM3MDE@__V1__SX1223_SY590_.jpg

I can't believe Alicia Vela-Bailey played Diana, truly amazing.

Hmm seems like a lot of positive buss. As its not out here in the UK how does it compare to the conjuring 2 ,which I view as one of my fav horrors over the last few years.

Hmm seems like a lot of positive buss. As its not out here in the UK how does it compare to the conjuring 2 ,which I view as one of my fav horrors over the last few years.

Not as good as Conjuring 2, but that was my favorite horror movie for a long while seeing in theaters. About as good as the first Insidious, better than Insidious 2 and Conjuring 1. It's really hard to answer because everyone's takes are different. Some love Conjuring 1, I personally rank it as one of the worst films he directed because it seemed more suit controlled - like he was given a lot more money than he usually is and had to hold back the reigns because of that - it didn't have the classic James Wan style which can only be described as feeling like you're watching a really dark and twisted surrealistic nightmare. I love that his films seem to have a dream-like feeling for me.

JAMES WAN DIRECTED/PRODUCED:

Conjuring 2
Insidious
Saw
Lights Out
Death Sentence (if anyone hasn't seen it yet, definitely recommend it - the style of it, like a lot of Wan's work just feels like you're watching an unfolding surreal nightmare)
Insidious 2
Dead Silence
Conjuring (it just felt like the studio suits had more control over it)
Furious 7 (although I feel like this one I shouldn't rank, because it was too jarring to watch due to Paul Walker's death and seeing the limitations that had on it)
Anabelle

Last edited:
Not as good as Conjuring 2, but that was my favorite horror movie for a long while seeing in theaters. About as good as the first Insidious, better than Insidious 2 and Conjuring 1. It's really hard to answer because everyone's takes are different. Some love Conjuring 1, I personally rank it as one of the worst films he directed because it seemed more suit controlled - like he was given a lot more money than he usually is and had to hold back the reigns because of that - it didn't have the classic James Wan style which can only be described as feeling like you're watching a really dark and twisted surrealistic nightmare. I love that his films seem to have a dream-like feeling for me.

JAMES WAN DIRECTED/PRODUCED:

Conjuring 2
Insidious
Saw
Lights Out
Death Sentence (if anyone hasn't seen it yet, definitely recommend it - the style of it, like a lot of Wan's work just feels like you're watching an unfolding surreal nightmare)
Insidious 2
Dead Silence
Conjuring (it just felt like the studio suits had more control over it)
Furious 7 (although I feel like this one I shouldn't rank, because it was too jarring to watch due to Paul Walker's death and seeing the limitations that had on it)
Anabelle

Yea true about everyone being subjective on what makes a horror film great. Funnily enough I don't hold the conjuring high aswell. It just comes across as abit generic especially the ending. Glad to see this film doing well though. As long as I feel disturbed,dread and abit uneased I will rate it well.

saw this last night, loved it
nice change of pace to have a recent horror movie actually be intense and frightening
9/10

Really enjoyed this flick. Perfect running time.

just saw it wow this movie was great very tense,atmospheric horror film with tons of great scares and solid acting 8.5/10

that ending was dark did not expect that:ninja:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"