• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Blockbuster of the 2010's!

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
Only four movies with 2 nominations or more just like the 2000's thread, so small pole again, so get voting to see what will join Back to the Future, Jurassic Park and The Dark Knight in the final blockbuster showdown!

As good as Inception and Fury Road are (I've not seen Fallout), I have to give it to Infinity War just as a testament to how Marvel Studios' gamble paid off.

Out of all the options, Infinity War, I guess. (Inception is a close second) Though tbh, I don't think IW was all that groundbreaking or changed the genre. It just had a really, really great villain.

Can’t remember a blockbuster movie that absolutely shattered my expectations in the way Fury Road did. Not since I was a child, at least. It’s a movie that I’ll eagerly revisit for years to come. I can’t really say as much for the others, which I like quite a bit.

Fury Road, no contest. It’s a goddamn masterpiece.

Mad Max: Fury Road.
It’s an action masterpiece set in a haunting but also beautiful post apocalyptic setting... fruit of George Miller insane imagination.

Infinity War is a culmination of the MCU and it’s great at that but it’s still part 1 of an event. Haven’t seen MI: Fallout. Inception is great too.

Inception

For it's vision, for what it set out to achieve and did achieve. Yes, in all fairness that statement could be set amongst all these films, but for all the spectacle of the other films in this final, Inception, for me, took a concept and crafted perfection out of its shell of an idea, the SFX, the thinking behind the story, the acting, the depth and value of what was at the heart of the story, a father's relationship with his son, and built a thriller around it's core with assurance & deft of touch.

Plus, it had this....

and

Last edited:
Reactions: CJ
Infinity Wars - I hate Mission Impossible.

I adore Fury Road, but isn’t calling it a blockbuster a bit of a stretch? It was a modest success, but it wasn’t a huge money-maker by any means...

of the choices, Mad Max Fury Road
should've waited until 2020 to make this thread given something like The Matrix became a 90s contender and that was a year prior to the turn of the century.

Fallout, Fury Road and Inception all had unique aspects to them in their respective lanes of the action genre, while Infinity War was an incredible narrative and character juggling act that told the story primarily from the villains perspective. All are quality movies, Fallout gets my vote as my personal favourite of the 4 and the one that hit the most high notes for me.

I'd rank:
Infinity War
Inception
Mad Max
Fallout.

For my money, Inception is Nolan's best film. That film is amazing. It's a tight race for me between it and Mad Max: Fury Road. Infinity War is amazing, but I have to see Endgame still. It's only half the story. But I voted for Inception.

giphy.gif

Fury Road takes the win and it's spot in the final 4 for the big showdown!

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"