Best Fast Food Chains To Try In The US?

It's fast, but it ain't cheap. LANGER'S in LA....one of the places I grew up in was the MacArthur Park area. Langer's is on the corner of 7th and Alvarado. Not a great area of town, but you learn how to fight off the drunks if you're a kid. The #19 (Pastrami, Russian dressing, and coleslaw) will Fyou up for life. If you need to travel for a bit and not just eat in house or at the "park" (LOL), get the #10 with coleslaw on the side (it's the same sandwich). You don't want to make the bread get soggy and it is some bad ass bread.

Seriously, if you are ever downtown LA and have about $20 for a sandwich you can split, go to Langer's. The pickle you get with it is awesome too.
If anyone finds themselves in Central New Jersey, there's Harolds. And they give you extra bread and a box to bring home leftovers.

photo0jpg.jpg

If anyone finds themselves in Central New Jersey, there's Harolds. And they give you extra bread and a box to bring home leftovers.

photo0jpg.jpg

DAYUMMMM....You'd need the extra bread. What do they call it? The coronary?

There used to be a place in Santa Cruz called Polivio's that closed down years ago. They had this giant hamburger. The name? The Plug. :funny:

Whataburger ain't so bad. Culver's either, one just opened up where I live in Texas, mushroom swiss burger is quite delicious.

I love Whataburger. Missed out on it in Florida recently because the drive-thru line was wrapped around the building and we didn't want to wait that long.

Culver's is good too, just had it for the first time.

when i was in Hawaii, we ate at this place called Teddy's Big Burgers and the burger was very very good. but also, very very expensive.

when i was in Hawaii, we ate at this place called Teddy's Big Burgers and the burger was very very good. but also, very very expensive.

I don't think anything is cheap in Hawaii, but I've only been there once. Sooooooo......when you gonna tell us about your trip in the Lounge?

I don't think anything is cheap in Hawaii, but I've only been there once. Sooooooo......when you gonna tell us about your trip in the Lounge?

there's nothing really to tell. i had 2 days off in 2 weeks. worked a ton, saw some nice stuff. got a tattoo. the end

there's nothing really to tell. i had 2 days off in 2 weeks. worked a ton, saw some nice stuff. got a tattoo. the end

A tattoo is something. Is it an island? :yay:

I've been watching too many food shows, I think when I get to Hawaii, I'd eat in 1 fine dining restaurant and the rest will be a bunch of hole in the walls, off the road or food truck.

London has pretty competitive food scene so I doubt Popeye's moves the needle much with the foodies but I could see the chain doing well with causal diners. It will probably do really well when it expands to smaller cities and regional towns in the UK that have less competition/choice.

Popeyes is launching a vegan burger in London.
Inside Popeyes’ first UK restaurant in London’s Westfield Stratford

It’s “a Whale of a Sandwich.”

Also in Louisville, there is a chain of burger joints that are Five Guy-like, only much better, called Hone Run Burger and Fries that are amazing:

upload_2023-1-11_13-14-53.jpeg

Last edited:
If you are ever in Louisville KY, find a Moby Dick fish restaurant. You will be glad that you did.

View attachment 61230

reminds me of Long John Silvers. but all the ones i know of went out of business a few years ago. unsure if they're a national chain or were a local/regional franchise

reminds me of Long John Silvers. but all the ones i know of went out of business a few years ago. unsure if they're a national chain or were a local/regional franchise
Lol. I had LJS two days ago while traveling. They are alive and well in Kentucky because they fall under YUM foods, which is the parent company of KFC.

But Moby Dick>>>>>>>>LJS. It’s a lot less greasy.

I always liked Captain D's better than LJS. I live in Kentucky, but rarely make it up to Louisville, and when we do go, there is a family buffet there we like to go to, so haven't seen the Moby Dick or Home Run Burger joints.

I always liked Captain D's better than LJS. I live in Kentucky, but rarely make it up to Louisville, and when we do go, there is a family buffet there we like to go to, so haven't seen the Moby Dick or Home Run Burger joints.

captain Ds is very disappointing here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"