The best fast food marketing for a movie?

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
I recently saw that Burger King is going to be marketing the new Star Trek with toys and collectable glasses, and that sparked the idea I had for this thread. What do you think is the best marketing for a movie that has been done by any fast food place?

A few that spring to mind, for me, are...
Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace: It literally blew my ****in' mind! Taco Bell, KFC and Pizza Hut all united to market the movie with toys, prizes and these weird cup tops that represented each character. And each of the restaurants were a different planet. I thought that was cool.

Batman Forever: Not too much for it, except that McDonalds came out with four different collectable glasses for Batman, Robin, The Riddler and Two-Face. I still have Batman and The Riddler today.

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring: BK came out with four different glass goblets for Gandalf, Frodo, Aragorn and Arwen. I think I might still have those, too...

Those Lord of the Ring glass goblets were the best. Sadly mine broke.

Im not sure if this came out do to the movie or just the popularity of the show, but the pokemon toys were cool. They came in a solid pokeball so you never knew what you got :hehe:

While the film may not have been the best, BK's Indy Burger for KOTCS was as addictive as heroin. :woot:

All great ones mentioned, I have, all except the McD Batman, and the LotR goblet. I'd also like to add the 7Eleven Episode III "Darth Dew" cups. They were delicious and had 3D images, not to mention a Vader head on each cup. I still have them all in pristine condition.

I still have my Frodo goblet from Burger King.

Not anymore...they are promoting G.I. JOE: Rise of Cobra :csad:

Not anymore...they are promoting G.I. JOE: Rise of Cobra :csad:

Meh. So they happened to get a turd... at least they also have Star Trek.

Burger King had Toy Story puppets that I thought were pretty neat. I also remember they had some pretty cool watches when The Lost World came out. Cool to an eleven year old, anyway.

I wasn't alive when the movie came out, but I used to have an awesome Empire Strikes Back glass from Burger King. Sadly it broke in a dish washer. :(

7-11 has the best Slurpee cups for all the summer releases.

Also, BK had an awesome lineup and toys for Indiana Jones last year. I have all the toys. :up:

What was the marketing/promotion like for Batman '89? Any Burger King toys or anything?

I think McD's had toys I know Taco Bell had collector cups.

My single greatest regret is that I was born a year too late to experience Batman. Ah, well... at least I got TDK! :up:

Its like almost marvel and dreamworks has a deal with BK.

Same with Marvel and 7-Eleven. From what I can remember, they've had Spider-Man 3, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk and now Wolverine collectable cups. And thats just the past two years...

Same with Marvel and 7-Eleven. From what I can remember, they've had Spider-Man 3, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk and now Wolverine collectable cups. And thats just the past two years...

They also had X-Men: The Last Stand.

Surprisingly, they also had Superman Returns.

Batman Forever: Not too much for it, except that McDonalds came out with four different collectable glasses for Batman, Robin, The Riddler and Two-Face. I still have Batman and The Riddler today.

They did the same for Returns. And those cups had frisbees!!!

Some commercials, old and new, that Im sure you guys will like:

Batman 1989

Dick Tracy 1990

Batman Returns 1992

Another Dick Tracy

Batman Forever 1995

The Dark Knight

Godzilla

Batman 1989

omfg, I'm seriously going to build a time machine, travel back to 1989 and buy all of those. And make a stop in 1995 too, to get the Two Face and Robin glasses from McDonalds.

7-11 has the best Slurpee cups for all the summer releases.

Also, BK had an awesome lineup and toys for Indiana Jones last year. I have all the toys. :up:

Was just going to mention 7-11 for how they marketed the Simpsons movies...when they converted a few select stores nationwide into Quickie Marts...awesome.

The Phantom Menace toys from Taco Bell and the Batman Forever figures from from McD. I remember everyone had the riddler figure and I had the batman one but I wanted Riddler :csad:

I'm not 100% sure if there was tie-in merch but in the movie "DEMOLITION MAN" Taco Bell was the only food place around.

Fast food giant Burger King and Seattle, Washington rapper Sir-Mix-A-lot have come under fire for a Hip-Hop commercial featuring Nickelodeon character SpongeBob. The Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood is taking Burger King and Nickelodeon Television President Cyma Zarghami to task over the “SpongeBob SquareButt” commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5X4TSbGreA

The spot features Sir-Mix-A-Lot reinterpreting his hit 1990 song “Baby Got Back” with new lyrics that start “I like Square Butts and I cannot Lie.” The lyrics spoof the original song and feature Mix-A-Lot flanked by two scantily clad women on each arm. Additionally, Burger King’s mascot, The King, is seen dancing along with women gyrating, cut with images of SpongeBob dancing. More than 2,600 CCFC members have written to Nickelodeon and Burger King in the past 48 hours, complaining about the commercial, which promotes Burger King’s Kids Meals. “Parents deserve to know whether Nickelodeon—the most popular children’s television network—signed off on the use of SpongeBob in a commercial that celebrates lechery and objectifies women,” CCFC director Dr. Susan Linn said.

For the full story: http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2009/04/14/21362672.aspx

http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/7gMZ62PsvRM/default.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"