Best Marvel movie of 2012?

The Avengers, in every way possible.

ASM was just mediocre and generic. Ghost Rider 2 is a cinematic monstrosity.

As it's been stated endlessly: Avengers is the greatest comic book film of all time. There's no other superhero movie like it. It was an insanely expensive, well-put together behemoth of a movie that is in a class all of it's own, truly done in the Marvel manner.
And this is coming from someone who not only enjoyed ASM but whom has been a rabid fan of Spider-man for years, but it's still no contest. Avengers wins in every way possible.

Last edited:
The Avengers ain't got sh** on Ghost Rider. :p

This is a tough decision for me considering I liked both Avengers and Amazing Spider-Man both equally in terms of story. Spider-Man's always been in that special place for me, but really, what Avengers has going for it for me is that it felt like a true Marvel movie. Y'know, the 616 comics ripped right out and put on screen. And meanwhile, Amazing Spider-Man does an Ultimate-esque take that I love just as much.

But as a personal final verdict, I'm going to have to go with The Avengers. Overall, it epitomized the Marvel universe for me.

This is a tough decision for me considering I liked both Avengers and Amazing Spider-Man both equally in terms of story. Spider-Man's always been in that special place for me, but really, what Avengers has going for it for me is that it felt like a true Marvel movie. Y'know, the 616 comics ripped right out and put on screen. And meanwhile, Amazing Spider-Man does an Ultimate-esque take that I love just as much.

But as a personal final verdict, I'm going to have to go with The Avengers. Overall, it epitomized the Marvel universe for me.
dwight.gif

stTNGclap_original.gif

hp3.gif

audience.gif

Not only is The Avengers the best Marvel film of 2012, I think it's the best Marvel film.

I haven't seen TASM, yet.

Top 5 Marvel Films:

1. The Avengers
2. Captain America
3. Thor
4. The Incredible Hulk
5. X-Men: First Class

Last edited:
How did they not do something new with it?

Sure, they had new details here and there, but at the end of they day it was Spider-man's origin all over again. They could of just as easily wrapped it up in an opening montage, yet decided to drag it out in a feature length film. Consequently, all we can do now is sit and wait until the sequel for them to show us what they can really do with this new version of Spider-man.

Sure, they had new details here and there, but at the end of they day it was Spider-man's origin all over again. They could of just as easily wrapped it up in an opening montage, yet decided to drag it out in a feature length film.

I remember TIH and its opening montage which was not only insufficient but raised questions never answered and left TIH feeling like a sequel (either of 2003 Hulk or a never made first movie).

Consequently, all we can do now is sit and wait until the sequel for them to show us what they can really do with this new version of Spider-man.

Or you could just see the second half of the movie.

I remember TIH and its opening montage which was not only insufficient but raised questions never answered and left TIH feeling like a sequel (either of 2003 Hulk or a never made first movie).

Or you could just see the second half of the movie.

True, the TIH opening didn't really do the origin that much justice, but small flashbacks can also be included throughout the film if required.

I don't know about you, but I like to see a completely new movie, not half of one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"