FOX or SONY?

Reaction score
Just wonderin' which one of these studios do you prefer more when it comes to their films based on Marvel Comics characters.

Fox
X-Men
Daredevil
X2: X-Men United
Elektra
Fantastic Four
X-Men: The Last Stand
Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
X-Men: First Class
The Wolverine
X-Men: Days of Future Past

Sony
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Ghost Rider
Spider-Man 3
Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
The Amazing Spider-Man
The Amazing Spider-Man 2

For me, I prefer FOX more because I'm a big fan of the X-Men and of course I prefer the X-Men films over the Spider-Man films. I also liked Fantastic Four films/Daredevil more than the Ghost Rider films. And when it comes to their upcoming superhero films, I'm more interested with FOX.

Well Sony definitely screwed up Ghost Rider and Venom in SM3. However besides SM3, I've enjoyed all the other Spidey movies and ASM2 looks promising. Fox didn't do justice to the FF, Elektra was boring as hell and only the director's cut made DD decent. As far as X-men is concerned, Fox has made more films I liked than disliked, but totally screwed up one of my favorite characters in Deadpool. Honestly, I'd say I like them about evenly.

It's a double edged sword IMO. They've both made quality movies (ASM, SM2, X2, First Class & The Wolverine), they've made some mediocre stuff (X1, SM1) & they've had some colossal screw ups (everything).

I could say Fox because they've made more good movies, but on the other hand 'Amazing Spider-Man' is my favorite Marvel movie between the two & the sequel looks pretty good.

Fox. Okay, not historically. But Fox has now made two good superhero movies in a row, while you have to go back to Spider-Man 2 for the last good Sony one.

All the Spider-Man films > All the X-Men films.

All the other franchises were sub par.

Not really a contest, Sony.

Fox has really stepped up their game but Sony is also on the right track with the Amazing series.

In terms of X-Men and Spider-Man it's about equal to me since they've had a majority of good movies.

I'm gonna vote Fox since they've been good overall with the X franchise and have got a better streak going atm than any other superhero movies studio.

1) Amazing Spider-Man
2) Spider-Man 2
3) The Wolverine
4) X-Men: First Class
5) Spider-Man
6) X2
7) X-Men
8) Spider-Man 3
9) X-Men: The Last Stand
10) X-Men Origins: The Wolverine

Ghost Rider and the rest of Fox's Marvel films are too bad to even rank.

I'd say I prefer Sony, but Fox are stepping it up lately.

Sony has messed up far less than Fox. The only franchise they screwed up is Ghost Rider, and does anyone really care?

Both have had plenty of misfires, but I prefer the best Spidey films over the best X-Men films, so I'd give my vote to Sony.

Spider-Man & Spider-Man 2 > every Marvel film Fox has ever made

Was just having a thought and needed somewhere to spill it.

So sometime down the line, after Sony, Fox and Disney reap the benefits of their expanded universes until the cows come home, what if we finally saw a crossover. But imagine it was classy. So for instance it goes something like this:

2015:
Avengers: Age of Ultron

Fantastic Four (introduces a new, shockingly awesome first family who delve into the Negative Zone and discuss other dimensions)

2016:
The Amazing Spider-Man 3

2017:
Fantastic Four 2 (more awesome Fantastic Four stuff, vs Dr Doom.)

2018:
Amazing Spider-Man 4 (introduce Madame Webb who hints at other dimensions in the web of fate)
Avengers 3 (Thanos and cosmic destruction)

2019:
Silver Surfer (Fox's origin for Norin Radd and his servitude toward Galactus)
2020:
Fantastic Four 3 (vs Skrulls and Galactus in Space)

2022:
Marvels Unite
Reed Richards creates a portal to Disney/Marvel's universe and accidentally pull Peter Parker through as well.

The Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man, Thor, Hulk and Iron Man meet, they bicker and unite to stop a common threat. Perhaps some ties to Civil War are made.

Was just having a thought and needed somewhere to spill it.

So sometime down the line, after Sony, Fox and Disney reap the benefits of their expanded universes until the cows come home, what if we finally saw a crossover. But imagine it was classy. So for instance it goes something like this:

2015:
Avengers: Age of Ultron

Fantastic Four (introduces a new, shockingly awesome first family who delve into the Negative Zone and discuss other dimensions)

2016:
The Amazing Spider-Man 3

2017:
Fantastic Four 2 (more awesome Fantastic Four stuff, vs Dr Doom.)

2018:
Amazing Spider-Man 4 (introduce Madame Webb who hints at other dimensions in the web of fate)
Avengers 3 (Thanos and cosmic destruction)

2019:
Silver Surfer (Fox's origin for Norin Radd and his servitude toward Galactus)
2020:
Fantastic Four 3 (vs Skrulls and Galactus in Space)

2022:
Marvels Unite
Reed Richards creates a portal to Disney/Marvel's universe and accidentally pull Peter Parker through as well.

The Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man, Thor, Hulk and Iron Man meet, they bicker and unite to stop a common threat. Perhaps some ties to Civil War are made.

I really hope your joking, because that would be such a huge mess.

yep you caught me just kidding. HAHAH. funny huh?

Sony has messed up far less than Fox. The only franchise they screwed up is Ghost Rider, and does anyone really care?
I think Ghost Rider has potential as a film franchise. Sony just butchered what could have been great about the character.

I only really care about X-Men and Spider-Man tbh.

Overall, Sony are more consistent. They made a great series with Raimi's Spider-Man and have less duds. At this point in time however, I'm far more interested in FOX.

As FOX continue to invest in the X-Men series, the universe is getting more interesting. Mistakes have been made but everything seems to be back on track. Having Singer back for DOFP is truly exciting to me, and I'm more optimistic about the franchise than I have been in years.

Sony's approach to Spider-Man has been the complete opposite. They compromised SM3 with their demands on Raimi, harming the film and squandering the villain they were pushing in the process. Things deteriorated more later on, killing chances of a return to form with SM4 and moving ahead with a cash-in reboot. ASM was average at best, and I doubt the sequel is going to improve things. I'm pretty much done with the character now.

I prefer the first 2 Spider-Man films above anything Fox has done. Fox has also managed to piss me off more in the past with it's character takes on Deadpool, Rogue, Galactus plus killing Cyclops. That said, I much prefer the X-Men films Fox are making right now compared to Sonys ASM and GR2. They are starting to kinda cancel eachother out, so I chose None.

Last edited:
For me it's honestly whether or not I like xmen or Spider-Man better.

Spider-Man 2>First Class>Amazing Spider-Man>Spider-Man>X3>Spider-Man 3>X2>X1>Origins

Looks like Sony wins.

I like to pretend origins and the ff films don't exist.

They both have made some really good movies, and some really bad ones. I am a huge fan of X-Men and Spiderman, Fox have made 4 good X-Men movies, didnt mind Origins that much but X3 was the most disappointing movie ever to me, and one of the worst CBM's out there. DOFP looks good though and the last 2 X-Men movies have been great.

Wasnt a big fan of how Sony treated Spidey after the 3rd movie, would have preferred a Raimi directed 4th (without the interference) than a re-boot, ASM was okay, but not that interested in the sequel.

Ghost Rider I am a huge fan of, and the movies just werent good enough, the character has huge potential on the big screen, and they totally botched it.

DD: DC was the only other good film fox made, but even then they tried to screw it up, overall they are about even, as I like both the X-Men series and the Spiderman movies the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"