Best Post Kevin Conroy Batman Voice

TMC1982

Sidekick
Reaction score
First, we had Gary Owens and Michael Ironside, each voicing a different version of Batman in the "Legends of the Dark Knight" episode of TNBA (technically, they did both come after Conroy). Owens voiced the 1950s, Dick Sprang era Batman, while Ironside voiced the Frank Miller inspired, Dark Knight Returns Batman.

Then we had Rino Romano in The Batman.

Then Ron Perlman voiced Batman in the Justice League Heroes video game.

Then Jeremy Sisto voiced Batman in Justice League: The New Frontier.

Now we have Diedrich Bader in Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

I'm not including Will Friedle from Batman Beyond because he played a Batman other than Bruce Wayne.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Batman/

Last edited:
Jeremy Sisto was awesome in The New Frontier, but I'm giving this one ot Diedrich Bader, he's really knocked the ball out of the park with his performance as the silver age Caped Crusader, and I love how he manages to evoke sides of Bats that we haven't seen in animation before.

I actually have to go with Rino Romano,

I enjoyed his voice acting in "The Batman"

kind of eerie, not intimidating, a different look.

I hate the brave & bold batmans voice. Sounds so much like a cheap knock off cartoon (same with the joker).

I like Rino's voice for Batman alot. Likewise for Diedrich.

Bader is good and my pick. I think I like him even more since I expected him to suck and he proved me wrong and continues to do so every week.

I like Sisto but he sounds more like an live action batman then an animated one(does that make sense?). Romano is OKAY but all I think about when I hear him is how much I miss Conroy. Bader has made an definitive silver age Batman voice while Conroy will always be modern Batman.

Bader is my favorite thus far. He's a surprisingly good fit, though I'm equally surprised no one has overdubbed lines from The Drew Carey Show onto Batman yet.

Bader wins, he also voiced Thomas Wayne jr awesomely. :p (Owlman)

I dont think Romano did a bad job, but I like Baders alot better.

Owens and especially Ironside were awesome but far too brief. Funnily enough I've seen people suggest Ironside for a live action TDKR because of his voice and mean looking face. Romano sounded generic to me like there wasn't really anything that stood out about his voice it was tolerable but it had nothing that grabbed you like Conroy's gravel in his voice or the confident and heroic tone that Bader's voice has. Jeremy Sisto was terrible totally threw me out of the whole movie and I never played Justice League Heroes.

So Diedrich Bader FTW :batman:

Perlman was absolutely terrible. I voted for Sisto. I'm sure Bader does a pretty good silver-age Batman, but I couldn't watch more than 5 minutes of that show.

I had to go for Romano. I really dislike Bader's voice, much less the show itself, and while Perlman was ok, he's always be Hellboy to me. Michael Ironside was ok...but... I dunno, something about his voice just never seems to work as Batman IMO.

Romano.

Actually Romano has the best bruce wayne voice, his bruce was balanced with a sense of obligation and a hint of commitment. You could see his bruce was also trying to make an impact on society just as much as his batman was, unlike conroy's which was 'playboy-esque'

anywho, romano's portrayal of bruce while talking to jonnz for the first time is probably one of the greatest batman animated scenes ever.

I'm going with Sisto. I know plenty hate his voice, but I personally love it. It's detached and cold, with a tad bit of otherworld quality type of vibe.

It'd be interesting to see how he would have voiced Bruce.

It took some getting used to, but I quite liked Jeremy Sisto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"