World Best Superman voice over actor?

I have to say Bud Collyer is the best superman voice over actor ever...no one has been able to successfully match it... with out making clark sound too nerdy..or not showing any difference between clark and sueprmans voice at all... it would make sense for clark/superman to change his voice to help hide being superman....especially from supermans number 1 fan..lois lane....

I also quite like James Denton's Clark Kent / Superman voice from the All Star Superman animated movie.

Tim Daly, with George Newbern at a close second.

I also liked Adam Baldwin, Christopher McDonald, Yuri Lowenthal, Crispin Freeman, Mark Harmon, James Denton, Travis Willingham, Matt Bomer, Peter Jessop and Alan Tudyk.

An interesting thing about Mark Harmon's performance is that he actually played Superman with a bit of a southern accent, where most actors tend to play Superman with a more neutral, region-less voice.

Rather than start a new thread I figure I'll just ask this here - who was Superman's worst or weakest voice over actor? Speaking for myself I would have to say Young Justice's Nolan North is the weakest of Superman's many voice actors. North's a good VA most of the time (a wicked Penguin and a wicked Deadpool to be sure - they should let him have a go at being the Joker some time) but his voice just didn't feel like a good fit for the Man of Steel, having none of the power or warmth one would expect from the character, and the few times he actually spoke as the character he sounded positively bored. Then again YJ wrote the character badly so maybe it's not fair to dump on him (similarly, his voice work as Cyclops for Wolverine & The X-Men was also pretty weak, but W&TXM was a terrible show so again dumping on him might not be fair considering the job).

I wasn't really feeling Alan Tudyk in "Justice League: War" either. His voice just didn't feel big enough to really fill out the design, and his delivery felt... meh.

Last edited:
Tim Daly, with George Newbern at a close second.

I also liked Adam Baldwin, Christopher McDonald, Yuri Lowenthal, Crispin Freeman, Mark Harmon, James Denton, Travis Willingham, Matt Bomer, Peter Jessop and Alan Tudyk.
Oh yeah, there is not enough love for Travis here.
When did Yuri Lowenthal voice him? And Crispin Freeman?

Oh yeah, there is not enough love for Travis here.
When did Yuri Lowenthal voice him? And Crispin Freeman?

I believe Yuri was young Superman/Superboy for Legion of Superheroes while Freeman played Supes in one of the Justice League video games (opposite Ron Perlman as Batman).

Tim Daly. Wise, firm and friendly at the same time. He's to the animated Superman what Kevin Conroy is to the animated Batman. George Newbury is a close second.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"