Biggest late fee ever?

enterthemadness

The Triumvirate
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070107/ap_on_fe_st/overdue_book

That guy is just lazy.

HANCOCK, Mich. - Robert Nuranen handed the local librarian a book he'd checked out for a ninth-grade assignment — along with a check for 47 years' worth of late fees.
[SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE]
http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12huhoo...anners&ctv=CTrees_300x250&s=Y&s2=NO&s3=B&b=25 if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object(); window.yzq_d['PjZgA9G_fyk-']='&U=13bich6u3%2fN%3dPjZgA9G_fyk-%2fC%3d549852.10006488.10690741.1414694%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d4025889';
b

Nuranen said his mother misplaced the copy of "Prince of Egypt" while cleaning the house. The family came across it every so often, only to set it aside again. He found it last week while looking through a box in the attic.
"I figured I'd better get it in before we waited another 10 years," he said after turning it in Friday with the $171.32 check. "Fifty-seven years would be embarrassing."
The book, with its last due date stamped June 2, 1960, was part of the young Nuranen's fascination with Egypt. He went on to visit that country and 54 others, and all 50 states, he said, but he never did finish the book.
Nuranen now lives in Los Angeles, where he teaches seventh-grade social studies and language arts.
The library had long ago lost any record of the book, librarian Sue Zubiena said.
"I'm going to use it as an example," she said. "It's never too late to return your books."

Pfft it would be cheaper to replace it than the lawyer fees to get it back.

How can he be lazy when he visted 54 countries and 50 states?

I rented Green eggs and ham at the school library as a kid.

I never returned it, it's still out there somewhere...

I owed Blockbuser 50.15 and I brought the damn DVD back. A-Holes!

Why pay it when he could just wait for the Food for Fines campaign and wipe them out with a can of spam?

I owed Movie Gallery $65.00 for three overdue movies.

Dude, sometimes you just forget about these things. When I was a freshmen in high school I checked out a book and I didn't return it till my senior year. And, the only reason I returned it was because the school told me that I couldn't graduate unless I returned the book or paid for it. I was like, "what the f--k?" But, luckly I found the book when I got home that afternoon. Apparently I left it in one of my cabinets.

And, in college I would always forget to return books as well. Everytime I went to the library to check out a book the lady would tell me I couldn't check out the book unless I returned the one I had already checked out.

Dude, sometimes you just forget about these things. When I was a freshmen in high school I checked out a book and I didn't return it till my senior year. And, the only reason I returned it was because the school told me that I couldn't graduate unless I returned the book or paid for it. I was like, "what the f--k?" But, luckly I found the book when I got home that afternoon. Apparently I left it in one of my cabinets.

And, in college I would always forget to return books as well. Everytime I went to the library to check out a book the lady would tell me I couldn't check out the book unless I returned the one I had already checked out.

Haha, they wouldn't let you graduate unless you paid for a measly book?:huh:

Haha, they wouldn't let you graduate unless you paid for a measly book?:huh:

I know it's stupid. The school called it the unpaid fees rule. Every senior who had an unpaid fee had to pay if they wanted to graduate. It was kinda dumb.

But, the funny part was that half the seniors were in the same situation. Half of our graduating class either forgot to return a book or never paid their late fees.

What school did u go to?

I went to Colonal Grey Senior High School and they had similar rules, plus the year I graduated they made us pay 50 for New Graduation Gowns or No Graduating.

I know it's stupid. The school called it the unpaid fees rule. Every senior who had an unpaid fee had to pay if they wanted to graduate. It was kinda dumb.

But, the funny part was that half the seniors were in the same situation. Half of our graduating class either forgot to return a book or never paid their late fees.

I've got a DVD of Battlefield Earth that I got from a nobody rental place.

I still have Halloween H2O from whenever that came out! I moved and it was with my other dvds. Good thing it was such a bad movie or they might track me down!

Same thing happened to me. I couldn't get my transcript because of some unpaid library fines. Jesus, I already spent thousands going to the friggin' school.

I owed Blockbuser 50.15 and I brought the damn DVD back. A-Holes!

The Girl Next Door, its funny though cause when I went to rent out a game they told me this and I said "oo I didn't even know I brought it back on time but whatever i'll pay next time." I never went back there again and they shut down 2 months later.

I don't know how true this is, but I've heard that when Tarantino was working at his famous video store back in the day anytime someone would be late returning a video he would curse them out over their answering machine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"