Bill Haley biopic cancelled?

Airwings

Waves of air
Reaction score
http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/03/28/hanks-rocks-around-the-clock

This is something I wanna see. Bill Haley is always downplayed in popular music history. And now he's kinda forgotten.
But I've read that in the mid-50s, he was the "biggest rock attraction in the world". Before Elvis became a superstar, that is.

It's a little bit sad that Hanks won't focus on the few years of fame that Haley enjoyed, but rather his downfall.
I would have loved to see how he first was influenced by "black music" with the song Rocket 88, then how Rock Around The Clock was a flop at first and that is was Shake Rattle And Roll that became his first major hit song.
He had some other known songs (most of them hit records) as well. I hope all of them will be included here: Crazy Man Crazy, Rock-A-Beatin' Boogie, Don't Knock The Rock, Razzle-Dazzle, See You Later Alligator, Rock The Joint, The Saints Rock & Roll, Mambo Rock, ABC Boogie.
But as the film is about how Haley is surpassed by younger talent, then Skinny Minnie must be in focus because it's the last original hit single for him (not counting RATC again in 1968 and 1974).
But wait, what happened to the plans of the biopic? Why didn't Tom Hanks go on with it?

Last edited:
Cast Furlong as the rock legend. He has enough acting chops to pull the role off. He's a decent singer too.
He shares the big belly with the late Haley. But he needs to get the same haircut and to act like he's blind on one eye. Then learn to play the guitar, if he doesn't know already.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"