Bill Maher Whacks Islam

I'm really not surprised. If he bashed atheism, now THAT would be surprising.

It's Bill Mahr. He's a comedian who insults everyone. Is there any surprise that he did this? :huh:

jag

I believe M. Slim is in that group that thinks one proof that Christianity is the truth is that all the heathens only want to attack Christianity, and there's a huge double standard as they never seem too concerned with other religions...

...which is of course bologna as Christianity is just the dominant religion in America and so the ignorance and bigotry of SOME of it's followers have a bigger daily impact on our lives.

He was the one who complained that there weren't any Gay or Women's groups protesting when Mahmoud Ahmadinejad came here to speak, despite the evil Iranian's Islamic subjugation and persecution of women and homosexuals..............until I posted the links to the information about all the Feminist and Gay Rights protesters that were protesting, when Mahmoud Ahmadinejad came..........at which point he simply ignored the fact that he'd been caught in an outright lie, twisting "facts" to try and further his baseless point.

i can't watch the video. is it from the latest episode where he has that fake burqa fashion show? that was lame. i fast forwarded through it.

Yeah, that's the vid, sinewave. I find Mahr about as entertaining as watching paint dry, personally. Always have.

jag

Yeah, that's the vid, sinewave. I find Mahr about as entertaining as watching paint dry, personally. Always have.

jag

seconded. he seems like the biggest ******* on hbo. and thats saying something.

My dad likes him more than he likes Jon Stewart. I personally think Maher tries too hard. :o

Stewart > Maher.

jag

seconded. he seems like the biggest ******* on hbo. and thats saying something.

My dad likes him more than he likes Jon Stewart. I personally think Maher tries too hard. :o

Stewart > Maher.

:up:

i like his show because there's always interesting discussions and usually guests i enjoy, but yeah, he's a complete *****e-nozzel. i don't find him funny in the slightest. he's right up there with jay leno and margaret cho in terms of unfunny comedians who try too hard.

He's funny and interesting enough.
It's just hard to look at his hideous face for too long.
He looks like Gene Simmons the day after he got plastic surgery, only, all the time. :(

What does he say?
I can't watch it. I googled Bill Maher offensive Islam and, uh, a lot came up.

He's hit or miss for me.

His New Rules bit and end monologue are often pretty funny and poignant. But the rest of the show I can pretty much do without, except for the odd interview here and there. Garry Kasparov's appearance the week before last was particularly good.

Why does this idiot still have airtime? :cmad:
Because people keep watching. If there's anything Hollyweird really understands, its markesting controversy to the general public. They know there's basically two ways to get anyone to pay the slightest bit of attention: make them laugh, or tick them off. To further this method, many promoters likely see it as "double the fun" when they can do both at the same time. It's very unfortunate, but it does happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MetSquCtPU

Well....what do you think about Bill Maher, now?

Gotta give it to him. He's an equal opportunity insulter. :dry:

I've always been meh with Bill Maher. Just like any comedian he has some good stuff and some weak ones.

After the first model, it was just repeating the same jokes with the same model over and over.

If other religions were used, then it might've been stronger.

jag
I watch his show for his guests. Tim Robbins I've always found to be very insightful when on his show. Wesley Clark was amazing this week, I honestly never knew just how smart and ethical he was until then.

As a Muslim myself I loved this segment on the show. It's only "offensive" to a fundamentalist.

Yeah I didn't find it offensive, just after the first model it was kind of boring. I only like that show when he has people on the panel that actually disagree with some topics with him, it just make for a much more interesting debate instead of 4 people just agreeing with each other for 40 minutes.

:up:

i like his show because there's always interesting discussions and usually guests i enjoy, but yeah, he's a complete *****e-nozzel. i don't find him funny in the slightest. he's right up there with jay leno and margaret cho in terms of unfunny comedians who try too hard.

See, I hate his stand up, but his guests make the show. I will base watching Real Time upon the guests who are attending.

i think he's pretty funny. i like his new rules segment at the end lol.

Because people keep watching. If there's anything Hollyweird really understands, its markesting controversy to the general public. They know there's basically two ways to get anyone to pay the slightest bit of attention: make them laugh, or tick them off. To further this method, many promoters likely see it as "double the fun" when they can do both at the same time. It's very unfortunate, but it does happen.

so judging by this response you must also have a problem with fox news and their sensationalism, right?

"hollyweird"? do you sit around writing down lame catch phrases and buzz words from conservative talking heads? are you a supporter of fred "hollywood" thompson?

I watch his show for his guests. Tim Robbins I've always found to be very insightful when on his show. Wesley Clark was amazing this week, I honestly never knew just how smart and ethical he was until then.

i know, man. i've never seen clark so animated before. he really got worked up a few times, but he never lost it. i did find it strange that he defended hillary with so much fervor. i bet he's angling for a vp position if she wins the nomination.

See, I hate his stand up, but his guests make the show. I will base watching Real Time upon the guests who are attending.

d-to-the-itto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"