Bill & Ted Face the Music

Just finished it. I have no idea how these movies manage to be so preposterously silly and yet put a smile on your face. It had a little bit of a rough start. I was having a hard time adjusting to grown up Bill and Ted, especially Keanu who just didnt have the same energy as when he was young. But as the movie got going you got used to it and Keanu and Winter still have great chemistry with each other.

I dont...even know how you classify a movie like this. Its a comedy thats not really that funny—a lot of the “jokes” fell a little flat and thudded (especially with that robot yeesh) but....it makes you smile! I cant explain it! And i fee like the same applies to all three films. These things are so stupid but you find yourself helplessly charmed by it. Maybe its because of the sincerity of it. And the earnest playfulness of its two main leads. I dont know.

I dont know what this movie is—-this trilogy is—-but they all made me smile. And I guess that makes them excellent. Does any of that make sense, dudes?

Just finished it. I have no idea how these movies manage to be so preposterously silly and yet put a smile on your face. It had a little bit of a rough start. I was having a hard time adjusting to grown up Bill and Ted, especially Keanu who just didnt have the same energy as when he was young. But as the movie got going you got used to it and Keanu and Winter still have great chemistry with each other.

I dont...even know how you classify a movie like this. Its a comedy thats not really that funny—a lot of the “jokes” fell a little flat and thudded (especially with that robot yeesh) but....it makes you smile! I cant explain it! And i fee like the same applies to all three films. These things are so stupid but you find yourself helplessly charmed by it. Maybe its because of the sincerity of it. And the earnest playfulness of its two main leads. I dont know.

I dont know what this movie is—-this trilogy is—-but they all made me smile. And I guess that makes them excellent. Does any of that make sense, dudes?

It actually kind of blew my mind when I looked on IMDB to see who played that character and it turned out to be NoHo Hank from Barry. Anthony Carrigan is great on that show, but I wasn't big on how he was used here, although he did still get some good chuckles out of me here and there.

I thought he meshed pretty well with the overall fun, charming vibe of the movie though.

Wonder what happened to Bill & Ted in the timeline where they never met Rufus or got to go to the future or the past? Surely this timeline exists in the Bill & Ted Universe. However they must have still had some level of success on their own without any future help or else they couldn't have inspired the future.

Last edited:
Discovered Mastodon band thanks to the movie. Thanks, Bill & Ted.

tenor.gif

$20 well spent

I found myself enjoying this movie more than I thought I would. Pretty sure I had a smile on my face through most of the movie. Lots of funny moments and both Keanu & Alex didn’t miss a beat.

finally got to see it myself really liked it the stand outs to me were Billie and Thea they were great, Billie totally was channeling a young Ted.

Can't believe I didn't come over here after watching the movie. Yeah, I really, really liked it. I really loved the separate tales and how they came together. Billie and Thea couldn't have been better, and they were as easy to fall in love with as their fathers. Death was just perfect. While the princesses got little less time, I think their own little tale really added to the film.

Also shout out to Noho Hank being in this. Still the best at being utterly annoying. :funny:

oh him as the robot? yeah he was another highlight loved how we went from full on Terminator to annoying kid lol.

lts too bad, i think wouldve done pretty well in theaters. A sleeper hit.

The Circle K scene would have been really confusing with no less than three iterations of them standing around having a conversation.

Just watched it, and LOVED it! I was expecting to enjoy it, just because I'm a sucker for seeing these legacy sequels at least once, but I really felt it captured the joy of the first film.

And that Circle K scene definitely sounds like it would've been fun. Three iterations talking to each other is a very Bill & Ted moment. I loved when they...
had an emotional moment with their old man selves.

I'm glad this trilogy exists. I definitely think it should end here. That post-credits scene is exactly the right end for Bill & Ted.

rewatched all 3 a few days ago I still love how well they cast the girls who played their daughters they were SO channeling Alex and Keanu respectively especially Keanu's daughter.

Finally saw this, I haven’t watched the first 2 in YEARS but I loved them as a kid and didn’t want to buy the trilogy without seeing if I enjoyed the 3rd movie.

Well, even with very little memory of the first 2 movies, I enjoyed this a lot, it’s stupid, but that’s the charm, and man can Keanu and Alex still get a laugh out of you as these characters. But I also loved the daughters, I love Samara Weaving anyway, but the girl playing Ted’s daughter was awesome and totally carried herself like a young Keanu. Great to see William Sadler as Death again as well.

Only low point for me really was the Robot, other than literally one or two chuckle worthy moments, he was terrible.

Loved this overall though, I am off to find and buy the trilogy box set. 7.5/10.

I thought this was pretty on-par with the first two. I had a good time with it. I will say there was a bit of awkwardness to seeing post-Neo/post-John Wick Keanu getting back into character as Ted, but the relationship between the two guys still works and the stuff with their daughters worked just as well.

One of the biggest disappointments was not being able to catch a new Bill & Ted movie in a theatre (straight to streaming thanks to COVID). I do think the third film ended things right, but I'd be down for a shot at this actually getting a theatrical release.

Yeah I really enjoyed Face the Music and would probably watch another. But we certainly don't NEED it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"