Biomutant

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score

(Sorry if there is already a thread for this had a quick look and didn't spot one.)

Just a little sniper on Gameplay

Biomutant is an action role-playing game set in an open world environment and played from a third-person perspective in which the player takes control of a raccoon-like creature in a world filled with mutated animals. The first thing for the player to do is to customise their own character. Gender, length, body shape and thickness, fur, fangs, and many other attributes can be tweaked and all have direct impact on the statistics of the playable character during gameplay. A thicker character is heavier, which makes it slower but on the flip-side allows it to deal and resist more damage. The combat system combines melee attacks with long-range shooting. The player collects parts throughout the game and combines these parts to create a weapon. Each part has its own effect on the statistics of the end product. The game features a variety of Affixes, including cryogenic and electrical, which are effective in battles. When a cryogenic part is put onto a weapon, enemies will freeze when hit. The player can combine the power of multiple weapons by switching between different weapons during combat. The protagonist is able to dodge to the left, right, and backward, as well as jump. Besides leveling up the playable character, the player can also use level-up points to strengthen their attributes or to unlock new attack combinations. Another way to learn new moves is by interacting with specific characters in each area. Most moves are based on weapons, which can be crafted using the game's weapon crafting system.

Plot

Biomutant has branching storylines where decisions made by the player will decide how the story will continue. The world of Biomutant is struck by a natural disaster as poisonous oil comes up from beneath the surface and pollutes the Tree of Life. The Tree of Life has five roots through which it gives life to the whole world. In order to save the Tree of Life, players need to go to the end of each root, where aside from the oil a creature is destroying the root by gnawing at it. There are also six tribes that are split from their original enclave. Three of them want to heal the Tree of Life, while the three others plan to do things on their own. Each tribe can be influenced through the Karma system. The player can ally with a tribe and eliminate other tribes in order to grow the power of the allied tribe in the world, although the player can also decide on the Tree of Life's fate without having to murder any of the tribes if they want to.

(Sorry if there is already a thread for this had a quick look and didn't spot one.)

Just a little sniper on Gameplay

Biomutant is an action role-playing game set in an open world environment and played from a third-person perspective in which the player takes control of a raccoon-like creature in a world filled with mutated animals. The first thing for the player to do is to customise their own character. Gender, length, body shape and thickness, fur, fangs, and many other attributes can be tweaked and all have direct impact on the statistics of the playable character during gameplay. A thicker character is heavier, which makes it slower but on the flip-side allows it to deal and resist more damage. The combat system combines melee attacks with long-range shooting. The player collects parts throughout the game and combines these parts to create a weapon. Each part has its own effect on the statistics of the end product. The game features a variety of Affixes, including cryogenic and electrical, which are effective in battles. When a cryogenic part is put onto a weapon, enemies will freeze when hit. The player can combine the power of multiple weapons by switching between different weapons during combat. The protagonist is able to dodge to the left, right, and backward, as well as jump. Besides leveling up the playable character, the player can also use level-up points to strengthen their attributes or to unlock new attack combinations. Another way to learn new moves is by interacting with specific characters in each area. Most moves are based on weapons, which can be crafted using the game's weapon crafting system.

Plot

Biomutant has branching storylines where decisions made by the player will decide how the story will continue. The world of Biomutant is struck by a natural disaster as poisonous oil comes up from beneath the surface and pollutes the Tree of Life. The Tree of Life has five roots through which it gives life to the whole world. In order to save the Tree of Life, players need to go to the end of each root, where aside from the oil a creature is destroying the root by gnawing at it. There are also six tribes that are split from their original enclave. Three of them want to heal the Tree of Life, while the three others plan to do things on their own. Each tribe can be influenced through the Karma system. The player can ally with a tribe and eliminate other tribes in order to grow the power of the allied tribe in the world, although the player can also decide on the Tree of Life's fate without having to murder any of the tribes if they want to.

There is a thread but it was made bfore they put out the name bio mutant I asked to have it changed twice and it hasn't happened yet.

but here it is >> :THQ Nordic open-world action

I'm willing to share it and more importantly since I'm thinking about leaving the hype in my birth day month of october this year. you can take it over.

please ask comic book chick or one of the other mods to please have the two merged.

Releasing May 25th, I really hope this going to be good. I like a lot of what it's aiming for but the execution remains to be seen.

Sounds like a pass, but I kind of want to buy it just to support the studio. A lot of the problems sound like they are the result of only 20 people working on the game. With a bigger dev team and more budget they might be able to improve in a sequel, but if this flops they won't get the chance to grow.

The reviews reflect what I saw from a few Twitch streamers last week. Seems to be a "either you love or hate it" game.

I'll wait for the 20-dollar price tag or lower.

That is disappointing. I was not expecting AAA quality or anything from this but those scores are low. I looked around and they call it "mixed" which I expect to be more like the mid to upper 70's because game scores rarely go below 60 on a scale of 100 or 2 on a scale of 5.

I will also wait for it to go on sale to a lower price. I still have a few other games in my queue to go through before I come to this anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"