Birth of the Scarecrow

SymbioticToxin

Hello, bird
Reaction score
"Jonathan, your going to be late!" she yelled. Jonathan ran down the stairs , grabbing his book bag as he ran. He ran into the living room, his father sitting on his chair reading the paper, talking to himself.

"Oh no, there was another murder last night. Says a young girls house was burned to the ground with another one of those Joker cards in the wreckage. Then they found a grave marker at a school. Shame." He said.

He looked up to see Jonathan rushing along and made a stern face. He folded the paper up and put it on the arm of the chair.

"Jonathan, this is the 5th time you've been late. Whats going on?" He asked. Jonathan looked up at, pushing his glasses back up off his nose. He could see his father was upset, but he didn't want to tell him anything.

"Oh, uh..nothing dad. I'm just up late studying, thats all." He said. His father sighed.

"Alright, but you better not be lying to me." He said. He went back to his chair. Jonathan nodded and hurried out the door. He ran all the way to school, tripping over almost everything.

He managed to reach the school just before the bell rang. He reached his locker when he was grabbed and shoved into them. Jonathan look up in fear at a blonde haired boy, wearing a cape and fangs.

"Sup nerd. Guess what day it is?" He said, a smug smile on his face. Jonathan shook in fear as he answered.

"H-H-Halloween?" He said. He suddenly bent over as the boy punched him in the stomach, letting him go.

"Thats right. Looks like you and your old friend at the cornfield are gonna get to see each other again, huh scarecrow?" He said, laughing. He shoved Jonathan one more time before walking off. Jonathan was on the ground, tears rolling down his cheeks.

It was nearly the end of the school day and Jonathan was in his science class, working in the back with a bunch of chemicals and the Bunsen burner. He started pouring chemicals into a vial on top of it. The mixture turned water colored, and Jonathan's teacher walked over.

"Very good Mr. Crane. You keep this up you might just become one of Gotham's greatest scientific minds." He said, patting Jonathan on the back. He smiled until he saw the boy again. He walked over and grabbed the vial.

"Think your better then us, nerd? Just cause you made some stupid water?" He said, dumping the mixture on the floor. Everyone laughed except the teacher, who stood right behind the boy.

"Mr. Patrick, I suggest you stop picking on Jonathan and start worrying about your F in this class." He said. Jonathan glared at Patrick. Soon the school day was over, and Jonathan was nearly away from the school when he was grabbed by Patrick and other kids.

"C'mon nerd, your not missing this." He said as the others laughed. The walked all the way to the outskirts of Gotham into a Cornfield. There, standing high in the air, was a old decrepit scarecrow. The kids knocked it down and threw Jonathan on to it so that he faced it.

They tied him to it with the rope the brought and managed to put the scarecrow back up. Jonathan squirmed and yelled as they all laughed.

"Later nerd." Patrick said as they all walked off. Jonathan screamed louder, hot tears streaming down his face. They all left. He was all alone, staring at this hideous scarecrow. He screamed so much he went unconscious.

Jonathan awoke suddenly. There was a loud crunching noise. He couldn't see who or what it was. Suddenly the scarecrow fell over, and Jonathan was cut from it. He got up in a hurry. It was dark out, but he could make out a shadowy figure. And then he saw the glistening of a knife. His face went white with fear, but then, suddenly, it went to rage.

"You trying to scare me?" He said. The figure laughed, a very deranged. In the moonlight Jonathan could make out his face vaguely. It was covered in make up, and he had blood going along his mouth and scars right on them.

Jonathan grabbed the pole holding up the scarecrow and ripped it of. The figure laughed more.

"I save you, and you wanna hit me?" he said.

"Your with Patrick and them, I know it."

"I don't even"

"Shut up! I won't be bullied by you or anyone else!" He said. He gripped the pole tight and took a striking position.

"Your really gonna do it?" the figure said. Jonathan's face became filled with rage.

"Go ahead." Jonathan moved closer.

"I want you to do it. C'mon, hit me." Jonathan's eyes glared at the figure.

"Hit me." The pole glistened in the moonlight.

"Hit Me!" The figure shouted as Jonathan let out a blood curdling yell and swung the pole, smacking the figures head making him fall to the ground. Jonathan dropped the pole, feeling accomplished. He tripped over the scarecrow, but didn't scream. He grabbed its head, tore it off, and ran home. He could hear the figure laughing.

13 years later

Jonathan was sitting in his dorm room, fiddling around with a compound of sorts. He put a mixture of chemicals in a vial and on to a Bunsen burner. He got up and went to the calender. October 31. He smiled as he looked at his planner. He had an appointment with another man from the mob. He decided to get a name before hand.

"Hello, this is Dr. Crane. I'm wondering if I could get a name on my patient for today's class." He asked. His eyes went wide when he was told the name. Patrick Mulligan.

"Thank you, that will be all." He said. He smiled as he walked over to the Bunsen burner. He turned it off and took the vial filled with the chemical mixture and poured it into small pile of crushed flower petals. He grounded it up till it as a fine powder, then put aluminum foil over it and went outside of the dorm. He walked out of the dorm building.

There was man standing in front of it. Jonathan walked up to him and handed him the cup.

"Heres the compound you asked for." He said. The man didn't take it.

"It is meant for you to use. But may I suggest grounding the flower up before adding the chemicals, and turning it into a vapor?" He said. Jonathan nodded.

"That might work. Thank you Mr... He said, trying to remember his name. The man simply smiled and bowed.

"Ra's Al Ghul." He said. He put his hand out.

"We'll keep in touch, Dr. Crane." He said. They shook hands, and Jonathan went back up to his room while the man left. He spent a whole hour turning all his compounds into vapor, and then went on to make a wrist device to project the vapor, and a section in his suitcase with a button ton release it. He showered, shaved, and put on his glasses and his suit.

He was about to leave when he forgot something. He went to his dresser and opened the top drawer. He pulled out a mask, put it in his suitcase, and walked off.

Jonathan walked into the Arkham Asylum. He went to eh front desk and showed the girl at the computer his card.

"Good evening Dr. Crane. Professor Strange has set up the office for you and Mr. Mulligan." She said. Jonathan smiled and walked off. He entered the room, seeing Patrick sitting there in vagrant clothing.

"Sup doc. I hear I'm supposed to talk to ya about my problems." He said, smiling. Jonathan sat at the chair directly opposite Patrick.

"Your not here to tell me whats wrong with you, your here to tell me whats right with you." he said. Patrick gave him a questionable look, then leaned forward.

"You look familiar. Whats your name?"

"I'm Dr. Crane." Patrick smiled again, and then started laughing.

"Crane? As in Jonathan Crane? Little old Scarecrow became a shrink!" He said. He went ballistic with laughter. Jonathan merely smiled.

"Yes Patrick, its me. Didn't think you'd see me after that incident on Halloween, did you?" He said.

"Hey man, we were kids. Let it go."

"Oh I have. But I'm not here for scum like you. I'm here to show you something."

"Oh yeah? Whats that?" Crane's smile became a little deranged as he opened his suitcase and pulled out his mask, a noose around the neck hanging. Patrick gave him a weird look.

"You wanted to show me an old rag?"

"Oh no. This is my mask. I saved it from that night. I met this guy, told me to hit him, and I did. And I felt good."

"So what? I do that all the time." Jonathan put on the mask. He got up and grabbed Patrick by the collar of his shirt and pulled him up. He threw him to the opposite side of the wall and walked over to him.

Patrick was about to strike when Jonathan used the wrist device and sprayed the vapor in his face. Patrick screamed as he tried to get it out of his eyes and backed up a bit. When he looked he didn't see Jonathan. He saw a figure wearing a scarecrow mask, with chunks of his body missing and his bones showing.

"You made me fear face my fears. Now its your turn. He said. His voice was distorted, making him sound more raspy and vicious. As he got closer Patrick screamed.

"Whats the matter Patrick, scared?" He asked. Patrick was up against the wall.

"W-What are you!"

"I'm what you called me. I'm Scarecrow!" He yelled as he loomed over Patrick. 15 minutes later Jonathan walked out of the office, Patrick curled up in a ball in the corner crying. Jonathan walked out of the Asylum when he was stopped by Ra's Al Ghul.

"How did it go?"

"Its works. Now you can tell me what your using it for."

"Not us, we. We're planning to hold the city ransom." Jonathan smiled.

"Then count me in." Ra's Al Ghul smiled.

"Welcome to the League of Shadows, Dr. Crane."

"No. Not Crane." He said. He looked at his suitcase, the end of the noose sticking out.

"Call me...Scarecrow."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"