• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Blade Runner 2099 Live Action series in the works at Amazon

Was excited until I saw Villanueve wasn't involved.

Surprised HBO/WB didn't try and grab this tho

1. HBO didn’t want to do this or Amazon offered more money?
2. I’m fine with Scott producing, but I don’t want him directing more than a single episode. I hope Villanueve is involved in some capacity!
3. This is a significant time jump! We barely got enough time in 2049 but we’re going to jump another 50 years! I’m assuming by this point, replicants can have children and probably led some sort of resistance.

Okay, cool. Hopefully they give it a big budget for this one. There’s actually an animated Blade Runner show on Toonami, but since it’s CG animated and I didn’t like the animation, I just didn’t bother with it but I might check this one out if it looks good.

On the one hand I can understand why Villeneuve wouldn't be involved because he's going to be busy with Dune for the next couple of years at leas but on the other hand it feels wrong to not include him at all since 2049 brought Blade Runner back into pop culture.

Okay, cool. Hopefully they give it a big budget for this one. There’s actually an animated Blade Runner show on Toonami, but since it’s CG animated and I didn’t like the animation, I just didn’t bother with it but I might check this one out if it looks good.
I had fun with the show but gave up around episode 6. It's good, but not good enough to hold my attention. To be fair, I don't really blame the show itself. Lately I've been giving up on a lot of shows. Even Superman & Lois, which I enjoyed, I'm pretty much done with.

Me being a huge Blade Runner fan though, I'm very much interested in this.

I'm down for more Blade Runner and the long form storytelling format of a streaming series is a good fit imo.

Looks like Amazon might be about to kill off either my Disney+ or Netflix account....

Villeneuve probably too busy with 'Dune Part 2' and 'Rendezvous with Rama'.

Ridley Scott is very good in directional department and is always a good producer. IMO, it's his choice and judgement on script & screenplay that been in decline. His last really good one was 'The Martian'.

Looking forward to this. I hope the writer's strike doesn't kill it off.

"In Los Angeles 2099, Cora lived her entire life on the run, a chameleon forced to adopt numerous identities. To secure a stable future for her brother, she assumes one final identity and is forced to partner with Olwen, a Replicant who’s confronting the end of her life. The two are pulled into a widening conspiracy that poses an existential threat to a city that’s fighting to be reborn."

So I wonder where the replicant procreation comes into play from 2049 and whether Wallace gave up if he assumed Deckard died.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"