BLM Protests Across The World

ewuQSGj.jpeg

Seeing the hate from the racists over blm was to be expected but seeing the bigots losing it over the white allies and white people publicly voicing opposition to racism is a sight to behold.

Some of the most angry responses I've seen has been racists mad at other white people kneeling, marching, protesting or just saying they are against racism. They have bigots shook.

It is hilarious watching these racists saying they are going to boycott all these companies and celebrities because they have voiced support for blm.

Seeing the hate from the racists over blm was to be expected but seeing the bigots losing it over the white allies and white people publicly voicing opposition to racism is a sight to behold.

Some of the most angry responses I've seen has been racists mad at other white people kneeling, marching, protesting or just saying they are against racism. They have bigots shook.

It is hilarious watching these racists saying they are going to boycott all these companies and celebrities because they have voiced support for blm.
Reminds me when their Boycott Star Wars helped it to box office records.

What I admire most about Keenan Ivory Wayans and ILC is that you can tell that he recognized Jim Carrey's talent, and just let the man ****ing go. He didn't try to handle Jim Carrey, or tell him to act more black, or more white, or to not outshine the black members of the cast, he just let the man go nuts, and the audience loved it. Can't say the same for many POC performers who join comedy troupes in the reverse situation.

What I admire most about Keenan Ivory Wayans and ILC is that you can tell that he recognized Jim Carrey's talent, and just let the man ****ing go. He didn't try to handle Jim Carrey, or tell him to act more black, or more white, or to not outshine the black members of the cast, he just let the man go nuts, and the audience loved it. Can't say the same for many POC performers who join comedy troupes in the reverse situation.
It's true. The most obvious example might be Garrett Morris from the original SNL cast. He was mostly kept in the background and wasn't utilized nearly enough as his white costars like John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd and Gilda Radner. Hard to believe that only a few years later would be the Eddie Murphy era of SNL where he was arguably the most popular cast member during the early '80s.

It's true. The most obvious example might be Garrett Morris from the original SNL cast. He was mostly kept in the background and wasn't utilized nearly enough as his white costars like John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd and Gilda Radner. Hard to believe that only a few years later would be the Eddie Murphy era of SNL where he was arguably the most popular cast member during the early '80s.

Still like this now in 2020. Look at how SNL has trouble getting black women in their troupe. And I'm pretty sure their writing room is like the most "woke" place in Manhattan. On a much smaller scale, it's like this at regional comedy troupes too. Educated liberals suck at diversity, to be frank.

Last edited:
Still like this now in 2020. Look at how SNL has trouble getting black women in their troupe. And I'm pretty sure they're writing room is like the most "woke" place in Manhattan. On a much smaller scale, it's like this at regional comedy troupes too. Educated liberals suck at diversity, to be frank.
Good point. bad place, they had Kenan playing Whoopi for years before he put his foot down.

Good point. bad place, they had Kenan playing Whoopi for years before he put his foot down.

As a gay man I have no issue with drag per se, but we all know when it's being leaned into too much just to make fun of black men and black women.

Still like this now in 2020. Look at how SNL has trouble getting black women in their troupe. And I'm pretty sure their writing room is like the most "woke" place in Manhattan. On a much smaller scale, it's like this at regional comedy troupes too. Educated liberals suck at diversity, to be frank.

They tried to hire a racist Trumper to "appeal to the other side". And the less we dive into Tina Fey's issues, the better.

They tried to hire a racist Trumper to "appeal to the other side". And the less we dive into Tina Fey's issues, the better.
Oh god what's going on with Tina Fey?

McGrath has really dropped the ball on BLM and she's going up against McConnell. Are Kentuckians such anti-BLM that they think her indifference or lack of voice is appealing?

Call me a bitter Hispanic buuuuuuuuuut... Each successive year since the early 2000's the number of utterly bland White Guy Comedians that SNL gave a shot to increased. Some were legit funny, but not in any way absolutely unique or memorable, often there's a flopp sweaty nature to them and their sketches. But at the announcement of each new cast there they are in abundance. Your Jason Sudekisess, your Tarem Killams, your Kyle Mooneys, even, yes, your Colin Josts.

And there being a sclerotic system of finding new talent is the generous answer for why this is. Asians, Latinos, Blacks... The SNL track record with these groups STILL is baffling, and they have made some movements in recent years... Still they are only shooting themselves in the foot by overlooking the wealth of talent among people of color in favor of another cookie cutter bland funny white guy.

Call me a bitter Hispanic buuuuuuuuuut... Each successive year since the early 2000's the number of utterly bland White Guy Comedians that SNL gave a shot to increased. Some were legit funny, but not in any way absolutely unique or memorable, often there's a flopp sweaty nature to them and their sketches. But at the announcement of each new cast there they are in abundance. Your Jason Sudekisess, your Tarem Killams, your Kyle Mooneys, even, yes, your Colin Josts.

And there being a sclerotic system of finding new talent is the generous answer for why this is. Asians, Latinos, Blacks... The SNL track record with these groups STILL is baffling, and they have made some movements in recent years... Still they are only shooting themselves in the foot by overlooking the wealth of talent among people of color in favor of another cookie cutter bland funny white guy.
I totally don't know any of the people mentioned outside of Jason.

And people really need to understand this

Modern SNL loves it's generic improve theater comedy dudes

**** this guy.

He sounds evil. Not a drop of humanity in this guy at all. To think this guy was walking the streets as a police officer is scary. There are plenty more sociopaths just like him out there working in law enforcement as well.

I've been in the sketch comedy business for a couple of years now, and it's become quite clear to me that the culture of improv has basically enabled, perpetuated and rewarded mediocre white guys in a way that no other form of performance art still does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"