BLM Protests Across The World

You’ve got some good points there. The thing is, what to do about it?

Well first off I wouldn't want to paint with too broad a brush, or at least, not one that inaccurately paints the picture for some. Right off the bat... I'm not saying every single Vet that came back home turned into some itchy trigger finger cop and that alone is the sole factor in the U.S. policing issues. But it plays a part. Jon Oliver's LWT on the subject of how a "Warrior" mindset is being cultivated among American LEOs.

Not every former vet is some kind of unstable bully just waiting to find a new victim of course. Still, a soldier's mindset and mission isn't a cop's nor should it be. Looking at how much of a war fighter's outlook has seeped into policing would be a good start. Requiring hires from tbe military to have more training and credentials rather than some fast tracking or waivers would also help. And more vigorous and wider spread psyche evaluations to further filter out extreme personalities.

Those are just a start.

Absolutely agree. One can’t go around assuming all veterans are homicidal maniacs or all police officers are murderous racists...

Better psychological screening and training are good places to start.
And training doesn’t stop when you get past the academy. Training should be ongoing throughout a police officers career.

When Warriors Put on the Badge

The debate over the militarization of America’s police has focused on the accumulation of war-grade vehicles and artillery and the spread of paramilitary SWAT teams. What has gone largely unstudied, however, is the impact of military veterans migrating into law enforcement. Even as departments around the country have attempted a cultural transformation from “warriors” to “guardians,” one in five police officers is literally a warrior, returned from Afghanistan, Iraq or other assignments.

From back in 2017, but I doubt the data has changed much since then.

I think this guy training cops is causing harm too.

"Are you prepared to kill somebody?” A day with one of America’s most popular police trainers

Absolutely agree. One can’t go around assuming all veterans are homicidal maniacs or all police officers are murderous racists...

Better psychological screening and training are good places to start.
And training doesn’t stop when you get past the academy. Training should be ongoing throughout a police officers career.

I've been thinking about this and one of the things I came up with is that new police don't carry guns and are assigned duties that are generally not dangerous, but are engaging the public. The idea is to teach them to defuse situations without using a gun or force. There would be levels of responsibility and competency you would have to go through. Kind of like being a Boy or Girl Scout (only it's not a problem if you are an aetheist or gay).

So what this about DHS officers invading Seattle, Portland, and DC? I just saw the video where they shot a tear gas canister at a protestor holding up a boombox. I would post it but it's very bloody.

d7aYz01.jpg

So... A literal secret federal police is operating now...

A secret police.

A Federal secret police.

But this country DOESN'T have an issue with law enforcement?
This needs to happen so he can protect us don't you see. It's all normal.

Do you think that would be the reaction where you live?
It is right now. Bunch of idiot racists in the community who believe the conspiracy theories about masks are a gateway to Islam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"