Bloodshot (dir. Dave Wilson)

eiza-gonzalez-bloodshot-promos-3.jpg

eiza-gonzalez-bloodshot-promos-4.jpg

I'm sure Zoe Kravitz will deliver as Selina Kyle/Catwoman, but my god would Eiza have been a great choice IMO, especially after seeing her in this. She already has the look for it and can definitely sell the physical action that the role would require. Kind of a missed opportunity honestly, but hopefully her and Ana de Armas blow up sooner rather than later.

I have like zero interest in this movie(or most movies that Vin Diesel does outside Marvel and a possible Iron Giant sequel) but I’m still kind of chuckling that this movie is going to digital after like twelve days in theaters.

No. It will be on places like Vudu for around $20.

Ah cool thanks, may have to sign up.

The movie was actually shaping up to be a bit of a sleep hit WW. So it's a shame what's happened really.

This was very average... It's fine if it just was a "Netflix movie."

If you're not a fan of Vin Diesel you'll probably won't like this. He really is the same guy in every movie, it's painfully obvious in this one

Thanks Hunter, do you need to have an account with Prime as I currently don't?

Thanks Hunter, do you need to have an account with Prime as I currently don't?

Unfortunately no as there are no physical copies, for £7.99 a month though I find Amazon Prime to really good value but it depends on how much you order from there and if you rent movies. The thing with Bloodshoot is that it's a buy not a rent, so you get the film to keep for roughly the price of a cinema ticket.

Unfortunately no as there are no physical copies, for £7.99 a month though I find Amazon Prime to really good value but it depends on how much you order from there and if you rent movies. The thing with Bloodshoot is that it's a buy not a rent, so you get the film to keep for roughly the price of a cinema ticket.

Interesting, thanks again Hunter and take care

I managed to purchase this on PlayStation store and yeah, it’s pretty damn mediocre. There was a lot of talent involved in front of and behind the camera with this (Matthew Vaughn was a producer), but it just seemed that no one cared, which just seems strange to me when the likes of Vin, Valiant and Sony are looking to make franchises (at least outside of Fast for Vin).

And considering the comic book geek Vin is supposed to be, this had surprisingly little to do with the comics, at least the ones I have read. The basic premise is the same, but other than that very little comes from the comics here. Even the title character only has his signature look for about 30 seconds. It seems Tom Rothman had an influence on how this turned out.

I mentioned previously this was actually on its way to being a bit of a sleeper hit at the BO, so kinda glad it was stopped in its tracks, as with how little care was put into this, I wouldn’t want them to continue. It wasn’t even quirky fun like Venom.

It had some decent action scenes, mainly the final fight, Vin suits the role and there were attempts to inject some heart into proceedings, but even that attempt felt mediocre. 5/10.

EDIT: Also, it wasn’t painfully obvious this was made as an R-rated movie and edited down.

Last edited:
I have seen a lot of bad movies in my life. A lot of bad ripoffs. A lot of actual parodies. But I don't think I have ever seen a movie more derivative then this. I am about 40 mins into this, and the amount of Marvel, Robocop, Batman, Mission: Impossible, and Terminator in this is utterly embarrassing.

These three things stuck out to me when watching it myself :hehe:
DvAeobd.gif

e2rpZ8D.gif

Dpdyo3x.gif

2ssDlHA.gif

I can't quite get over that Guy Pearce is once again in a comic book movie sticking former soldiers with some kind of technology that will let them regrow body parts and make their chests glow red.
It's not good, but I can't say I had a bad time watching it. For reasons that Hunter has posted quite a bit of, and it just hit the right kind of goofy that I could have a good laugh.

Last edited:
I didn't even think it was the right kind of goofy personally but seeing as I had to purchase it to watch it may give it another try tonight.

It seems to be doing okay in digital sales. I just hated how inaccurate it was to the comics I had read.

Man Eiza had the perfect look for Pulse from the comics and instead they made her Made Up Snorkel Girl.

What the hell was up with Sam Heughan's character though?! :funny:

I CLENCH MY TEETH AND I'M MAD ALL THE TIME FOR NO REASON.

Yeah the movie never really explained what his problem with Ray/Vinshot was :loco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"