DC Films Blue Beetle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, this was always pegged as theatrical, right? So it might have enough action and be standalone enough for Zaslav to let it go ahead?

The fact that they repegged this for a theatrical release early enough might be a blessing. Maybe suggests that there's enough there to be a sleeper success while throwing in some decent marketing.

If the film is good and WB thinks they can make a profit the movie will be released. Simple as that.

I know a lot of people here do not like Grace Randolph, but she always seems a little more accurate with WB stuff. She said that Zsaslav watched Batgirl and didn't think it worked for his plans of the DCU. If I understood her correctly in her video.

Tbh, if it is as bad as the rumored test screenings say, I don't blame him for axing it. He's gotta rebuild the DC brand that's been pretty hit or complete miss.

Maybe Blue Beetle will fit within it. Or it's such a solo movie it can't effect thr bigger scope of the DCU, so it doesn't matter as much. Or maybe it's just a good movie, so he's okay with it? Or just hasn't gotten around to looking into this one yet.

Bosslogic said "expect more bad news" last night. We will see what that is.

Glad about that, otherwise its just throwing money away, thats just stupid.

Well, so far at least. The Batgirl directors weren't informed that it had been cancelled and found out about it like the rest of the DC fanbase. Blue Beetle being cancelled is not out of the realm of possibility just yet, especially if more bad news is coming and taking into account Zaslav's philosophy of having 'big event movies'.

Well, so far at least. The Batgirl directors weren't informed that it had been cancelled and found out about it like the rest of the DC fanbase. Blue Beetle being cancelled is not out of the realm of possibility just yet, especially if more bad news is coming and taking into account Zaslav's philosophy of having 'big event movies'.

Not surprising if true.

It is. They were at a wedding when they found out which is even worse.

Considering how they didn’t tell Nolan they were going to release movies on streaming the same day as theaters, it’s clear they didn’t learn to let the talent know first.

I wouldn't assume BB is safe.

Bosslogic said "expect more bad news" last night. We will see what that is.
I find it hilarious that ppl **** on Grace Randolph, a legit scooper that maybe hit or miss, but choose to believe Bosslogic...a fan artist from Australia...:funny:

Yeah, other than doing some posters for Marvel and stuff, I never heard of him providing any scoops for any movie he was commissioned.

I find it hilarious that ppl **** on Grace Randolph, a legit scooper that maybe hit or miss, but choose to believe Bosslogic...a fan artist from Australia...:funny:

It's possible he has met people over the years and has connections. I'm not one to crap on Grace, especially with WB stuff. But I get what you're saying lol.

To be fair to BossLogic, he does professional work for companies like WB/DC and Disney/Marvel.

He possibly was contracted to do some promo art for upcoming/unannounced projects so he may be in the know.

I don't know why people are acting like BossLogic has insider info. His quote:

"Hang tight guys. I think we maybe hearing more bad news DC Wise.... I hope not... But yeah".

Doesn't sound like someone who knows about the specifics of whatever impending doom awaits these shows/movies. Pure speculation that's being misappropriated as fact.

I choose to ignore both. I'm very sure she has connections and that select items she's reported are legit and true. I also believe she's made up or sensationalized plenty of **** to keep her audience engaged, given that it works and she needs it. She's been called out on it by reporters with plenty more mileage and by the talent themselves.

Added to the unrelated fact that she happily feeds into the culture wars and tried to legitimize the harassment of Kelly Marie Tran. She sucks.

Hmmm if this was aXed too, I would not have been surprised.

Blue Beetle the movie is a hard sell imo. And Wb would need some marketing gimmick to at least get the same numbers as Shazam!1. BoX office wise, I think it would perform just a bit better than Morbius and probably Birds of Prey and that won't be good results.

KC Walsh just tweeted that this movie is in trouble with some major behind the scenes issues. Apparently they filmed a scene in a dangerous part of Puerto Rico and a gang shooting erupted nearby endangering the cast and crew.

The movie apparently is having major difficulties and Walsh expects the budget to soar.

KC Walsh just tweeted that this movie is in trouble with some major behind the scenes issues. Apparently they filmed a scene in a dangerous part of Puerto Rico and a gang shooting erupted nearby endangering the cast and crew.

The movie apparently is having major difficulties and Walsh expects the budget to soar.

When it rains, it pours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back