Amazing Spider-Man 554 $2.99 Marvel 81,048
Amazing Spider-Man 555 $2.99 Marvel 86,885
Amazing Spider-Man 556 $2.99 Marvel 78,442
Amazing Spider-Man 557 $2.99 Marvel 77,041
Amazing Spider-Man 558 $2.99 Marvel 76,944
Amazing Spider-Man 559 $2.99 Marvel 74,184
Amazing Spider-Man 560 $2.99 Marvel 73,991

Hoorah!!!

The drop was all predicted by just about everyone.

However, I'll celebrate when they fix my favorite character so I recognize him again and will be able to buy him again.

This current Spidey is regressed and had two different histories and hasn't learned anything from his past(s) and is not the hip 70's guy they're trying to make him be, because the second time around it just comes off cheesy imo.

So, once they've restored his continuity and get rid of the world created by the devil, (and fix the marriage) I'll be happily (and eagerly) buying my favorite web-slinger again loyally. I mean really, we can't wait to get rid of this devil related stuff sooner the better and forget about it like the Clone saga the sooner the better. I want this Alternate Spidey thing to disappear and never be mentioned again, for the better of us all.

These numbers would make me scream "I told you so", were it not for the fact that the economy is totally effed right now. Everything is selling less. This decline isn't something to be ignored, however. It definitely means that people aren't flocking to it as we've been told they are.

On the other hand, When John Romita Jr and Dan Slott come aboard with the "New Ways to Die" story arc, I expect a marginal sales increase. Seriously...JR JR and Slott is ALMOST enough to get even ME to buy it....and I HATE HATE HATE Brand New Day.

I just can't help but wonder what Marvel's thinking on this was. If they wanted sales, why not KEEP the marriage, which most of fandom loves, AND put all this creative talent on the books? Who wouldn't kill to read Dan Slott and JRJR on a married Spidey?! I would cap a harmless old lady on the street corner for that matter!!

Either way, the sales decline is enough to bring a slight smirk to my face. If "New Ways to Die" doesn't top the opening BND numbers, then it may become a full-on smile.

If anything, they look like they're stabalizing to the low/mid 70k range, which is about 20 to 30k more Spidey comics sold per month than pre BND, which on average sold about 65k monthly Spider-Books.

"Hoorah!!!"

:yay:

shinlyle: I just can't help but wonder what Marvel's thinking on this was. If they wanted sales, why not KEEP the marriage, which most of fandom loves, AND put all this creative talent on the books? Who wouldn't kill to read Dan Slott and JRJR on a married Spidey?! I would cap a harmless old lady on the street corner for that matter!!

Yeh, that's what I've been saying from the beginning of this mess and am still so puzzled about.

MArvel would have struck gold and would have a unified fan front if they hadn't altered comtinuity and just brought in all these big names to do the book with normal progression, continuity, marriage, etc.

Instead, they did something very experimental, and similiar to Ultimate Spidey, (yet not as well done as the "real" Ultimate title) and on top of it we're in poor economic times. Bad time to publish an experiment folks, especially with your main guy!!

If I were EIC I'd fix Amazing STAT and get it back on track. They've lost a lot of loyal fans for what purpose? We were ones that have collected since the beginning, some like me anyway, and others.

They've gained how many young kids? Instead, they've gained numbers that could be linked to the "creative team of themonth"....or "villian of the month" possibly.

They've gained lots of negative press, fans blogs, boards, etc...as it's still talked about....similiar to what i remember when clone saga was out. Sure some like it too, as usual also.

And yeh, i agree Shin....JR JR makes it hard to pass up this upcoming ARC....yet, I'll prolly just read it in the store, because I can't see myself ever picking up (PAYING) for my favorite hero again, until he has ONE history...the one i grew up reading.

I don't want to financially support an un-needed reboot, that was about the most poorly written one ever, to boot.

These numbers would make me scream "I told you so", were it not for the fact that the economy is totally effed right now. Everything is selling less. This decline isn't something to be ignored, however. It definitely means that people aren't flocking to it as we've been told they are.

On the other hand, When John Romita Jr and Dan Slott come aboard with the "New Ways to Die" story arc, I expect a marginal sales increase. Seriously...JR JR and Slott is ALMOST enough to get even ME to buy it....and I HATE HATE HATE Brand New Day.

I just can't help but wonder what Marvel's thinking on this was. If they wanted sales, why not KEEP the marriage, which most of fandom loves, AND put all this creative talent on the books? Who wouldn't kill to read Dan Slott and JRJR on a married Spidey?! I would cap a harmless old lady on the street corner for that matter!!

Either way, the sales decline is enough to bring a slight smirk to my face. If "New Ways to Die" doesn't to the opening BND numbers, then it may become a full-on smile.

Yeah,and at the rate sales are dropping, they'll be right where they were before OMD by year's end, making the entire project a complete waste of time.

I cant help but live in fear of what God-awful nonsense Joe Q will come up with as soon as he decides to "boost sales" again...:shock

The thing is Cap, he'll fix it and bring MJ back and continuity back, like he has before.

Thus, wasting a year of everyone's time, where we could have PROGRESSED instead of REGRESSED all this time. I mean, look at HOW LONG AND DRAWN OUT THE CLONE SAGA MESS WAS. It is hard to fully recoup when you mess with a title, and for SOoo long. Fans get annoyed with it.

Or, he'll take us out even further in left field, leaving even people who liked this experiment annoyed and unhappy.

Again, he coulda had everyone happy by not "fixing" spidey and brought in these guys to do the regular book. Or started a new series with a single alternate spidey for those that really deeply want just THAT.

If anything, they look like they're stabalizing to the low/mid 70k range, which is about 20 to 30k more Spidey comics sold per month than pre BND, which on average sold about 65k monthly Spider-Books.

"Hoorah!!!"

You're insanely dilluded.

That's a steady issue to issue drop. Before those it was in the top 80, 000 range for like 6 issues, then it drops to the 70, 000 range, and as you can see there it's still droping.

Stabalized? Are you ****ing serious?

They've gained how many young kids?

lol if anything the kids are more concerned with video games than books these days. (aaahhhh reading!!:wow:)

Most comic readers didn't introduce themselves because they like the t.v. show or movie so much. It's usually a parent or friend that bought them one that got them into it. I know a bunch of hardcore spidey fans that think he uses organic webbing and don't even know whom gwen stacy is.

I'd just like to point out that, while I believe that we might get a bump from "New Ways to Die," I find it funny that both Marvel and folks who like BND are now hedging their bets on that upcoming story arc to increase the readership after Brand New Day was supposed to do the exact same thing.

Most comic readers didn't introduce themselves because they like the t.v. show or movie so much.

I did.

In fact, it was the Spider-Man cartoon when I was a kid that first got me into comics, and it was the movies that brought me back into them.

The thing is Cap, he'll fix it and bring MJ back and continuity back, like he has before.

You're right, it's just a matter of time and I have all the time in the world to wait :)...on another note, just finished up the latest Gale story.......note to Marvel, if and when you do away with this foolishness....do away with Gale while you're at it!!..."Spidey you saved me, I'll turn myself in now to show my appreciation" :whatever:....and after the great revamp Brubaker gave the Enforcers :csad:

You're right, it's just a matter of time and I have all the time in the world to wait :)...on another note, just finished up the latest Gale story.......note to Marvel, if and when you do away with this foolishness....do away with Gale while you're at it!!..."Spidey you saved me, I'll turn myself in now to show my appreciation" :whatever:....and after the great revamp Brubaker gave the Enforcers :csad:

Gale isn't staying long anyway, so it's all good. As far as the rotation goes, Slott is the only permanent writer.

I did.

In fact, it was the Spider-Man cartoon when I was a kid that first got me into comics, and it was the movies that brought me back into them.

Consider yourself unique and intellectual. :cwink:
The same goes for me and the x-men. especially when the 90s series was airing which will remain my favorite series for aloooong time.
even though I'm a big x-men fan I don't keep up with it. the last arc I read was grant morrisons run on new x-men. which i did not complete. :csad:

anyways, I'm just going based off of the new generation of kids I see.
My nephew loves to read and he likes Spidey...but when it comes to video games. even if he's played it and beat it 10 times before he'll put the book down.

I agree. Bob Gale has been the only lacking member in the new "braintrust".
and because the creative staff is being rotated so frequently its too noticeable. He did an ok job in the first issue with the other spider-man.
but he really dropped the ball in the second half. the issue felt like poor filler. :csad:

Dang, to bad. I was really enjoying it. Looks like in a year or tso the series will be back to stories I don't care about and written by those I distaste.

Well you old farts won. Congrats. Thanks for killing a title I liked.

I can't help but smile. I know it can partially be blamed on the economy, but you can see after the newness of BND wore off fans jumping it like it is a sinking ship. I imagine if it continues to drdown like this for the next year or two a retcon will be on the horizon.

But until then I won't be breaking out the champagne quite yet.

Dang, to bad. I was really enjoying it. Looks like in a year or tso the series will be back to stories I don't care about and written by those I distaste.

Well you old farts won. Congrats. Thanks for killing a title I liked.

I am not making any predictions but if that is indeed the case, then anytime. :D

While I personally didn't like what Marvel did with Spider-Man with One More Day and Brand New Day, I think the lack of big events is probably the main reason for the decrease in sales for the last couple of months. Big events is the only thing that sells comics today.

While I personally didn't like what Marvel did with Spider-Man with One More Day and Brand New Day, I think the lack of big events is probably the main reason for the decrease in sales for the last couple of months. Big events is the only thing that sells comics today.

I wouldn't say that's true at all.

An event can increase sales temporarily. But even these days, if a guy is having a good run his books will sell well. I don't have figures on me to prove it. But I'm pretty sure JMS was consistently well above the 70, 000 mark throughout his long run. I think the sales maybe sank after Sins Past.

I don't think you need big events, you just need a series of events: i.e. the feeling that something meaningful is happening. With ASM you could miss a whole bunch of issues and it doesn't affect whether you're going to understand the story the next time you pick up the book. Some may see this as good storytelling, but its not ENGROSSING storytelling. The book just doesn't have that "I cannot wait for the next issue" anticipation about it. Everything's been so 'meh'. Hopefully New Ways To Die and flashbacks to what's happened to Spider-Man in this new continuity will change that, but I fear the return to simpler days just isn't going to be enough to hook readers. Sorry, Marvel. And I like most of BND...

Expect those sales numbers to spike for #561.

Expect those sales numbers to spike for #561.

I only heard anti BND people say they were gonna pick up New Ways To Die at the beginning. Then after they figured it was Joe Quesada still pulling the strings they got smart, and turned on this quickly.

You're insanely dilluded.

That's a steady issue to issue drop. Before those it was in the top 80, 000 range for like 6 issues, then it drops to the 70, 000 range, and as you can see there it's still droping.

Stabalized? Are you ****ing serious?

And you're a narrow-minded idiot. :yay:

Look at the drops...

Month 1 = 26 724 readers lost between first and third issues
(a 24.53% drop on the monthly average)

Month 2 = 9852 readers lost between first and third issues
(a 10.56% drop on the monthly average)

Month 3 = 8760 readers lost between first and third issues
(a 10.37% drop on the monthly average)

Month 4 = 9844 readers lost between first and third issues
(a 12.18% drop on the monthly average)

Month 5 = 2953 readers lost between first and third issues
(a 1.31% drop on the monthly average)

Even to the most arden anti-BND supporter will tell you that within 6 months or so, sales will begin to stabalize, and even though the sales have dropped, the significant lowered drop in month 5 would "suggest" (at least it does to me) that sales are begining to stabalize... I could be wrong, but the numbers suggest otherwise; therefore, not really making me insanely diluted... just seeing the figures for what they really are.

Yourself, on the other hand, just want to see what YOU want to see.

Have a nice day.

Cheers...

Mike

I only heard anti BND people say they were gonna pick up New Ways To Die at the beginning. Then after they figured it was Joe Quesada still pulling the strings they got smart, and turned on this quickly.

New Ways to Die begins in ASM #568...

Blader was referring to the Mary Jane appearance.... in ASM #561.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"