Book reader wanting to know if he should finish?

coluanprime

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hi all,
A couple months ago I finally broke down and started reading A Song of Ice and Fire. I'm half way through A Dance with Dragons and I decided that I was far enough ahead to start watching the tv show. I just finished episode 8 and am debating about whether to keep going.
Here's my main issue, I'm relatively bored. Occasionally it's cool to see moments on screen, but I'm still pretty bored watching it. Does the TV series eventually transcend the books and become something worth watching on its own or if I'm bored now will I stay bored and should I just drop it?

The show is worth watching from the very first episode. That being said, the show does increase in scale and scope and does its own thing beginning in season 2. Season 1 is the most faithful season. It bores me a bit too, and I dont rewatch it like I do the other seasons. Starting with season 2 the showrunners started to change things more significantly. The show continues to hit the broad strokes of the books but they change a lot as the show goes forward.

These seasons are only 10 episodes. Its not a huge commitment. Stick with it. Season 3 and onward offers some of the best television ever made. Season 2 has the battle of Blackwater which is a damn good hour of television. And the wildfire scene during the Battle of Blackwater is visually spectacular.

It is a very very rare thing to read a book and then to fully enjoy the movie/show after that. There's just no competing with all the intricacies and nuance that a novel affords. To put it into context, a standard TV/movie script equals a minute per page. So a movie equals a 120 page script... and that script is double spaced. So, a 120 minute movie is roughly the equivalent of 60 single spaced pages.

If you're interested in the show because you hope that they are the books come to life... then no...it'll never be that. But dude, we're talking about one of the most action packed, graphic, and intricate television shows of our lifetime. Based purely on a level of scale, it has to be one of the most epic shows of all time.

So... if you are interested in quality story telling, great special effects, and good acting... then GOT HBO is for you. If you're looking for George R. Martin's awesome storytelling on full display though, then stick to the books.

The show is worth watching from the very first episode. That being said, the show does increase in scale and scope and does its own thing beginning in season 2. Season 1 is the most faithful season. It bores me a bit too, and I dont rewatch it like I do the other seasons. Starting with season 2 the showrunners started to change things more significantly. The show continues to hit the broad strokes of the books but they change a lot as the show goes forward.

These seasons are only 10 episodes. Its not a huge commitment. Stick with it. Season 3 and onward offers some of the best television ever made. Season 2 has the battle of Blackwater which is a damn good hour of television. And the wildfire scene during the Battle of Blackwater is visually spectacular.

It is a very very rare thing to read a book and then to fully enjoy the movie/show after that. There's just no competing with all the intricacies and nuance that a novel affords. To put it into context, a standard TV/movie script equals a minute per page. So a movie equals a 120 page script... and that script is double spaced. So, a 120 minute movie is roughly the equivalent of 60 single spaced pages.

If you're interested in the show because you hope that they are the books come to life... then no...it'll never be that. But dude, we're talking about one of the most action packed, graphic, and intricate television shows of our lifetime. Based purely on a level of scale, it has to be one of the most epic shows of all time.

So... if you are interested in quality story telling, great special effects, and good acting... then GOT HBO is for you. If you're looking for George R. Martin's awesome storytelling on full display though, then stick to the books.

Cool. I'll keep with it then. My problem was more feeling like it was the books come to life, but not in a way that revealed anything deeper than the land the books had already tread. I'll look forward to the differences then.

Mythical beasts will spare the day for Daenerys

That is not by any means the only fight between the Targaryen and Lannister compels in season 7, however. We can see the Unsullied getting destroyed in open field, with Jaime Lannister and Bronn driving Lannister bowmen, as a heap of wagons voyage out of sight. Also, later in the trailer, we see Jaime raging through a blasting war zone using a pike with his left hand, while Lannister trucks and banners are upturned and ablaze.

Given how there's discharge surrounding him, and the shot of Dothraki rising through shoot (inviting discharge, truly), it appears like Daenerys will unleash her three mythical beasts – Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion – subsequent to confronting some underlying misfortunes to change the tide of fight. Furthermore, from the looks of it, it will work.

There's an extraordinary close-up shot of Drogon also, and you can spot Daenerys sitting on him on the off chance that you delay at the right minute. The points of interest on his cover up and teeth are an unmistakable sign that the enhanced spending plan is as a rule legitimately spent on the abbreviated keep running of scenes. GOT Season 7 full Episodes

In the end of the book, all the main characters are dead. Is it happen in the TV show also?

In the end of the book, all the main characters are dead. Is it happen in the TV show also?

That's not true. A few main characters die, but certainly not all of them. And it's the same in the show as well.

160caf7f046a964a15b41bbecf195ced.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"