Borneo Monster Spotted?

NewYorkSpider

EndGame
Reaction score
Villagers in Borneo who have long believed that a legendary 100-foot-long snake called the Nabau trolls the Baleh River say recent photographs show that the beast has returned, The Daily Mail reports.
One of the photos showing a serpent-like figure was taken from a helicopter by a member of a disaster team monitoring flood regions, while a second was taken from a remote village. Critics, however, have called both photographs into question,Some have said the images appear to be altered with photo-editing software while others have suggested that the snake-like image is really a log or a wake left behind by a speedboat.
People who have studied the aerial photograph dismiss the latter allegations, saying that a log could not take that clear winding shape and that boats do not leave a twisting wake.
Villagers believe the legendary beast, the Nabau, had a dragon’s head, seven nostrils and could change its shape.
A 100-foot-long serpent may sound unbelievable, but just last month fossils found in Colombia revealed an ancient giant snake that stretched about 45 feet long and weighed more than 2,500 pounds.

http://news.aol.com/article/borneo-monster/351853

Click on the article for the picture. They also have a photo gallery of other mystery creatures.

Looks awfully fake... What do you make of it, Newyorkspider?

Looks awfully fake... What do you make of it, Newyorkspider?

It's hard to tell what it is. The story is intresting, but it's going to be just another one of these stories that gets attention, but dies suddenly because of no proof.

And of course are skeptic FaT_tONle has to come in and have his say. :up:

Last edited:
Well they have discovered remains of a 100 foot snake so anything's possible.

That photo looks really really fake. Not saying there can't be some giant snake, but that is a fake looking snake.

Well they have discovered remains of a 100 foot snake so anything's possible.

Absolutely,yeah. My problem is just how fake the photo looks... It has that sort've forged quality to it, y'know?
And if theres already speculation at this early stage that it's been photoshopped then it probably has been.

Looks kind of fake...but we've found fossils of 100 foot long snakes before so....They Exist/Existed.

:shrug:

To quote an old jewish prayer:
Borukh atta mishenah habreeyot.

I can't see how their could be a 100 ft long snake that hasn't been discovered yet. Who knows though?

Anyone here see that show on TV (forget which channel) where there's this guy who goes around the world cahsing after stories of different kinds of monsters? The first episode was about a wild pig or something like that. The show started airing over the past year.

It's called Monster Quest. They did an episode on giant snakes. Another thing to point out about the photo, is the fact that they only took one. How come they didn't snap more closer photos.

All of those mystery creature photos have been reasonably confirmed fakes or explained, same for the snake most likely.

It'd be so cool if it was real. I love it when ancient species long thought dead are discovered live and well.

did you guys look at the photo gallery? What was the X-Ray one? I didn't get that

It's a common recipe from what I know. Martian-stuffed Duck. It's not that good, but the sauce is godly.

OMG, did you see those other mystery creatures?!

-TNC

If a snake as huge as that existed, we would be seeing it more often.

Kill it....Kill it with fire.

Jesus, snakes scare the living crap out of me. I would die of fright if I saw a 1ft snake, let alone a 100ft one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"