Box Office 2007: The fight for after the top three is on!

Tempest19

Superhero
Reaction score
Pretty cool title huh? Well, it's reflecting alot of what we're seeing everywhere here. Alot of box office threads have often taken side routes to conversations about these upcoming films rather than those "big three." Here's the thread to discuss the summer Box Office as a whole.

We have gone through SM3, S3, and POTC3- but what about these other films coming out this summer? Where do they make their final stand? You be the judge.

I think with this summer we should have a thread that looks over every film and speculates every box office, I mean this is an AMAZING summer of movies and competitors all still going for their own personal golds. Which one will get it? Which one won't?

You decide SHH. Cast in your posts now.

Some of my predictions:

For these predictions I've looked at films that most resembled, as well as prior-to's.

Transformers- around a 'Day After Tomorrow' (185) to 'War of the Worlds' (235) type box office. 185-250 mil. *With a chance of being more than that due to the "new" factor in a summer crammed with sequels, thus the bump to a possible 250.* It has Spielburg's name attached, it has big robots and is getting a phenomenal response from alot of the guys I know. Also, the story is one that I believe alot of teenagers could possibly relate to.

HP is also going to do good. But it's going to be a toss up, I believe, between this and TF. Similar to the "war" between SM3 and POTC3. Expect around 230-250 mil similar to the last HP film that premiered during the summer months.

Fantastic Four 2 has more of a 180-210. Although some fans and critics didn't like it, I am positive that those who did outweight those who didn't. At the very least it will get the same amount FF1 got, definitely not less. I think as time went on- more people found it and liked it, while the primary ones against it are some fans and critics.

Simpsons is a wild card, but I'd say 130-150 or a little more maybe depending on how good the film is.

The only flop I see is that alien invasion flick with Craig and Kidman... nobody knows it exists and I think they might be hiding it due to a horrible job a la "A Sound of Thunder" (that unfinished CGI film, which also got pushed back- premiering Sept. 2 of 2005). Not to mention it got put into the month of August and there hasn't even been a teaser trailer released yet for the film. It still has a chance of being good and they're just waiting for the summer to clear to launch it with little to no competition, but I'm leaning more towards the "on the shelf" type approach to launching the film into theaters. http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=11352

Oceans 13 is going to be more than 125 million (box office for Oceans Twelve) probably if they keep to their promise of making it more like Ocean's 11, but lower if it's the same or worse than Ocean's 12.

Knocked up will be around 100-110 mil, along with 40 year old virgin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"