Bright Eyes: Conor Oberst

Conor isn't fit to be Bob Dylan's urinal.

jag

His band in those days was Commander Venus, so look for them if you want to get an idea of his earlier stuff.

It does come down to a matter of taste, doesn't it?
Evidently apparent in this thread.

I really want to get my hands on his earlier work [like when he was 14 or thereabouts] anyone know where? Or if it even exists!

His talent is in his songwriting, definitely. I like his voice too- even IF he sounds like a whiny goat.
Music isnt all about the voice- it's about the feeling. And damn, do Bright Eyes make me feel.

[cue standard 'yeah Bright Eyes make me feel angry/like i want to kill Oberst etc etc' response]

Yes, I said that one professional recording artist with good songwriting and poor vocal talent reminded me of another professional recording artist with good songwriting and poor vocal talent. What a travesty.

no, you compared conor oberst to bob dylan. is what you did.

That isn't a crime. A lot of published music critics have made the same comparison.

no, you compared conor oberst to bob dylan. is what you did.

Actually I said "He reminds me of Bob Dylan in that way". THAT way referring to the earlier comment made about how conor's song writing is great but he isn't a talented vocalist.
...is what i did.

Actually I said "He reminds me of Bob Dylan in that way". THAT way referring to the earlier comment made about how conor's song writing is great but he isn't a talented vocalist.
...is what i did.
yeah, thats how i interpreted it. :huh:

That's how I typed it. Some people are just so overly defensive about things that they don't comprehend what was said, they just see "he reminds me of bob dylan" and ignore the "in that way" and the context that it was referring to.

...is what i did.

im aware of what you said.

Ryan Leaf could throw better than he could run, he reminds me of Peyton Manning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"