Bruce Willis set for Nick Fury!

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
At least per this site:

http://www.teenhollywood.com/d.asp?...rkurl=movies.asp?movie_id=654&c=1024&r=101935

*After posting this I just realized It references Moviehole. Wonder if this is old news redux or new info. Gotta go to moviehole now. :)

Willis Set For Nick Fury Role
Jul 6, 2005 - World Entertainment News Network
Bruce Willis is returning to comic book movie adaptations to bring cigar-chomping hero Nick Fury to the big screen.

The Sin City star will play S.h.i.e.l.d spy boss in an adaptation of the Marvel comic story, according to movie website moviehole.net.

Fury first appeared in 1963. The character first hit the screen in 1998 as a lacklustre David Hasselhoff vehicle. The rework is due for release in 2007.

...****. I love Bruce but come on. My choice is Michael Madsen.

It says that its from July 6 2005, so I think we would of had more news about Bruce Willis being Nick Fury after July 2005.

Not my first choice, but he should be great.

Batman1939 said:
It says that its from July 6 2005, so I think we would of had more news about Bruce Willis being Nick Fury after July 2005.

I guess People should pay attention to the Date more often :o

Willis is a very good choice. I wonder if they can do the helicarriers without making them look cheesy.

They should cast Alan Rickman, William Sandler, Jeremy Irons, and toss in Demi Moore as villians. Now that would be something to see.

Don't know if this is old news or not yet, but if it's official, that's okay. Willis is a fairly good actor and he would probably do a good job as Nick Fury. I'd prefer Dennis Quaid though.

I wonder how much he's getting paid for it? I guess after Ben Affleck, this is the most recognizable star in a Marvel Film.

Not the best choice...if its true...but not the worst either.

An advice: Don't believe anything that comes from Moviehole.

If its true, great choice. I was hoping for Willis as Fury or Samuel L Jackson for the Ultimate version. Either way would be awesome!

Nothing wrong with moviehole rac. They get scoops that are as good as anywhere else.

Advanced Dark said:
Nothing wrong with moviehole rac. They get scoops that are as good as anywhere else.
Don't know. Everything I've read from there turned out to be false. They also seem to have these news that any other moviesite don't have. And they're not called exclusives. (I'm still remembering the news about Lucas directing Action Man movie...)

No Nick Fury should be Arab... it would help ease tensions between the middle east and the US if they showed an Arab-American in charge of a top secret american military force that fights against special threats including advanced terrorists... it would defn help homogenize and bring a definite level of solid consistency in troubled, sparked relations between the US and the rest of the middle east... making Nick Fury as Arab in descent would help show how the cooperation between both regions can be put to the ultimate use of good. I'll suggest some actors shortly

This is the kind of actor you need to bridge the gap for a perfect Nick Fury movie... someone hip, relevant, ethnically relevant as well to prove that American society is a melting pot and bridge the trust gaps between regions across the globe... this can be done by casting American-arabo actors into this role who take charge of a huge expensive american military defense machine... Arab audiences would appreciate and love this film as a result and I think it's the way to go:

fardeen56.jpg

remember this is 2006... Nick Fury needs to be more hip, young, more McG style in a certain sense (not TOO mcG, just a little to blend in flavor... it adds to the environment of a film... show how a young Arab Descent Nicklai Al-Aqbar becomes a full Nick Fury, fighter and projector of solid Arab and American relations... a classic origin story). This could not be achieved with some lame-o old fart like Bruce Williums.

Here is BANION McFERIAT:

fardeen57.jpg

I still think it should be Samuel L. Jackson. I dont care whether you want to call him Ultimate or not, I just think Jackson could play an awesome Nick Fury.

But still, Bruce Willis isn't a bad choice at all.

Katsuro said:
I still think it should be Samuel L. Jackson. I dont care whether you want to call him Ultimate or not, I just think Jackson could play an awesome Nick Fury.

Yeah but considering Nick Fury was white for 40+years before the Ultimate version. Call me racist if you want but I want my Nick Fury white.

Katsuro said:

I want Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. not Nick Fury: Agent of S.H.A.F.T. :o

Well seeing as I can't stand Samuel L. Jackson as an actor, is it really hard to believe that I absolutely loathe the Ultimate Nick Fury?

The real Fury I love as a character, but the Ultimate version to me is just a joke.

I'm pretty pumped though if this story is true. WIllis is a heck of an action star, even in his old age...

SuGarRush said:
Well seeing as I can't stand Samuel L. Jackson as an actor, is it really hard to believe that I absolutely loathe the Ultimate Nick Fury?

The real Fury I love as a character, but the Ultimate version to me is just a joke.

I'm pretty pumped though if this story is true. WIllis is a heck of an action star, even in his old age...
Agree that Bruce is a bad a$$, but to say you don't like Samuel L. Jackson is crazy, he is so the man and such a great actor, have you even seen any of his movies? he is an incredible actor!!!And anybody is better then David Hassellhoff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"