Bruce Willis to Face The Surrogates

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=39432

Source: Variety
November 19, 2007

Bruce Willis will star in The Surrogates, a sci-fi thriller that Jonathan Mostow will direct for Disney's Touchstone Pictures, reports Variety. The studio is eyeing a February production start in Boston.

Michael Ferris and John Brancato wrote The Surrogates based on a graphic novel from Top Shelf comics. They collaborated with Mostow on the last film he directed, Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. The writers also wrote Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, the Halcyon-financed sequel that McG will direct at Warner Bros.

The Surrogates is being produced by Mandeville's David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman, along with Max Handelman and Elizabeth Banks.

The story is set in the near future, where humans live in isolation and interact vicariously through surrogate robots who are better-looking versions of themselves. Willis plays a cop who, through his surrogate, investigates the murders of others' surrogates. The cop is forced to venture from his own home for the first time in years and unravels a conspiracy.

Like Avatar... but not. Gotcha.

Sounds intersting, but I will wait for first pics to decide am I looking forward to it or not.

It has Bruce Willis in it.
I'm already interested.

They only thing, which I don't like about this project is screenwriters. They both wrote crappy T3, cheesy Catwoman and probably unnecessary T4 :( :down

I liked T3 personally and well, screenwriters have ups and downs like actors and directors IMO.

They only thing, which I don't like about this project is screenwriters. They both wrote crappy T3, cheesy Catwoman and probably unnecessary T4 :( :down

seconded. this will suck. bruce willis is pulling a nic cage, going for the paycheck.

I liked T3 personally and well, screenwriters have ups and downs like actors and directors IMO.

Agreed, everyone makes mistakes, but not such mistakes as Catwoman. And T3 did really suck, it had no good story idea, no goot cast (even Arnie didn't kick ass) and no good reason why it should have been made except for getting more money for Columbia.

Agreed, everyone makes mistakes, but not such mistakes as Catwoman. And T3 did really suck, it had no good story idea, no goot cast (even Arnie didn't kick ass) and no good reason why it should have been made except for getting more money for Columbia.

Catowman was terrible i guess (never saw it) But i liked T3 so I'll have to just agree to disagree. :cwink:

Catowman was terrible i guess (never saw it) But i liked T3 so I'll have to just agree to disagree. :cwink:

You have never seen CW? Check it out right now! Trust me, you will see one of the worst films of this century :D

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=43418

Exclusive: Radha Mitchell Joins Surrogates
Source: Diva
March 27, 2008

radhasurrogates.jpg
Radha Mitchell (Silent Hill) will star opposite Bruce Willis in director Jonathan Mostow's upcoming sci-fi action-thriller Surrogates, ComingSoon.net has learned.

The Touchstone Pictures project is based on a graphic novel from Top Shelf comics. The story is set in the near future, where humans live in isolation and interact vicariously through surrogate robots who are better-looking versions of themselves.

Willis plays a cop who, through his surrogate, investigates the murders of others' surrogates. The cop is forced to venture from his own home for the first time in years and unravels a conspiracy.

Shooting will begin in the Boston area on April 28 for a planned release on November 20, 2009.

Interesting storyline. Radha Mitchell and Bruce Willis? I'm in.

Yeah, I have to agree on that storyline being awesome, although I'm not much of a Willis fan.

Bruce Willis? Great - I'm in!

But why Jonathan Mostow directing?

I was a huge fan back in the 80's, Moonlighting was my favorite show and he made me want to drink wine coolers. You couldn't pay me to drink a wine cooler today. :o

But he's the lord of badass. :csad:

Is he, is he really? :p
I may have to change my stance.

Yeah, he is the king of badass.

You need a cure:

DIE HARD

Like Avatar... but not. Gotcha.

What do you mean by like Avatar but not?

The only two Avatars I know of are, the James Cameron CGI film which is about a whole other alien race and that cartoon/anime Avatar the last air bender...none of those sound remotely like this in any way shape or form.

What do you mean by like Avatar but not?

The only two Avatars I know of are, the James Cameron CGI film which is about a whole other alien race and that cartoon/anime Avatar the last air bender...none of those sound remotely like this in any way shape or form.

Actually, there's a similarity between Avatar and Surrogates. Avatar is about lab station on the planet Pandora, mining the earth's contents, but the miners are in their own Avatar, better versions of themselves. While in their Avatar-like state, the regular versions of themselves lay in a vegetative state.

There's definitely some similarity here. Not much, but some.

Actually, there's a similarity between Avatar and Surrogates. Avatar is about lab station on the planet Pandora, mining the earth's contents, but the miners are in their own Avatar, better versions of themselves. While in their Avatar-like state, the regular versions of themselves lay in a vegetative state.

There's definitely some similarity here. Not much, but some.

This is the James Cameron film?

LOL, I just thought it was about Aliens trying to survive extinction or something. That's what I heard it was about last time...but that was almost a year ago and Cameron hasn't been releasing dick about that movie.

This is the James Cameron film?

LOL, I just thought it was about Aliens trying to survive extinction or something. That's what I heard it was about last time...but that was almost a year ago and Cameron hasn't been releasing dick about that movie.

That would be the synopsis of the James Cameron film, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"