Bruce Willis to Face The Surrogates

The comics this is based off of were some of the best sci-fi comics I've read in years. If they follow that storyline even a little, this will be great.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter
April 4, 2008
Ving Rhames and Rosamund Pike have joined Bruce Willis and Radha Mitchell in the sci-fi thriller The Surrogates for Disney.

Jonathan Mostow is directing the film based on the graphic novel by Robert Venditti and artist Brett Weldele of Top Shelf Comix. Michael Ferris and John Brancato (the Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines duo) wrote the script.

Mandeville Film's David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman are producing along with Max Handelman and Elizabeth Banks.

Ned Vaughn (Frost/Nixon) was also previously cast in the film, which is set in the future where humans live risk-free lives through robot surrogates that are eternally young, perfect-looking versions of themselves.

Rhames plays a charismatic cult figure who disdains the use of surrogates and tries to lead an uprising against the "new world order."

Mitchell plays the professional partner of Willis' character, a cop that through his surrogate investigates the murders of others' surrogates.

Pike plays his wife.

Production is set to begin in late April on the film, which will be released through Touchstone.

Shooting is scheduled to start on April 28 in Boston for a November 20, 2009 release.

Confirming that Rosamund has joined the cast, alongisde Rhames, who should do fairly well.

Beat me to it Gotham. :D The cast is shaping well.

Got this last week, might be heading over there in about an hour, but I feel lazy.

Surrogates.jpg

You have to go and try to meet Hyunsoo Moon. :up:

Right now, all I feel like is meeting coffee.

Probably bad news (at least I can't remember when moving a movie from November to September was a good sign):

The Surrogates
The Jonathan Mostow-directed sci-fi thriller starring Bruce Willis and Radha Mitchell has moved up from November 20th 2009 to September 25th. The move leaves the third weekend of November lacking a major tentpole release; a date that should be filled quickly.

So far everything about this movie sounds good.

I liked Terminator 3 a lot. The writers also wrote The Game and Catwoman was written under rushed circumstances.

Brilliant cast, Bruce Willis vs. Ving Rhames round II will be great. But sadly there will be no Gimp this time.

So yeah, I'm there :up:

Probably bad news (at least I can't remember when moving a movie from November to September was a good sign):

The Surrogates
The Jonathan Mostow-directed sci-fi thriller starring Bruce Willis and Radha Mitchell has moved up from November 20th 2009 to September 25th. The move leaves the third weekend of November lacking a major tentpole release; a date that should be filled quickly.

Either they have doubts in their project or expect Eagle Eye to make a lot of money and release The Surrogates in the same period.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38488

Apparently a trailer was shown at the Disney thing yesterday.
SURROGATES

This Jonathan Mostow-directed sci-fi flick about a future in which humanity interacts with the outside world via android doubles isn't due until September 2009, but I want to see it now. Bruce Willis plays a cop who must re-enter society as his flesh-and-blood self to investigate a string of murders (the first homicides in fifteen years). It's one of the best trailers of the day!

I've heard from it was an amazing trailer. Can't wait to see it!

Really like the sound of this, and the cast is awesome, any news on when a trailer will be released?

I just became aware of this movie :O, good cast and it sounds really interesting :)

Man...they need to cast Bruce as Lex in a Superman reboot. He would knock it out of the park. Sorry Spacey...but only Bruce can look cool and menacing.

Spacey can do it, Lex just wasn't written particularly well.

The viral site url apparently first appeared in a teaser poster seen in the NY comic con

surrogatesteaserposterqw2.jpg

Bruce Willis has to be one of my all time favorite actors. He has been in the news lately after getting married and then one of his homes burning down, etc. so I wanted to start this thread for his new movie. Gotta show the man some love. He is staring in this new Sci-Fi movie Surrogates. I loved him in the Die Hard movies and in Lucky Number Slevin, so it will be nice to see him again. Has anyone seen this website for the movie where you make your own surrogate?

surrogates.jpg

Thanks for the merge, SuperBatman. Here is a great interview from Sci Fi Wire, of Robert Venditti where he said "the movie will remain true to the comic". That is nice to know coming straight from the author himself!

I've read the GN, this will be up there with Blade Runner if they do it right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"